Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What would people like to see in the next DE codex?
Old 06 Jun 2010, 16:07   #11 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: What would people like to see in the next DE codex?

Yhey putting models in the codexes now? Where have I been?
Old 06 Jun 2010, 16:16   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzod
Yhey putting models in the codexes now? Where have I been?
I kid, although there are pictures of them in it... But no they don't have models with the codex.

- Will
Old 06 Jun 2010, 22:55   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzod
They putting models in the codexes now? Where have I been?
Yeah, itll be the mandrakes new rules since they will be made out of thin cardboard and stuffed in the codex's. They hide in the shadows by "putting them sideways" which means TLOS will be a beast

Back to the real world (i find that hard to say on a science fiction forum, but lets roll with it) i think that considering the ease of imperial guard and space marine mechanisation raiders need a reduced cost - or they increase the cost of a squad and are compulsory (for example the squad of 10 warriors costs 120 and includes a raider. Then you can upgrade from there)

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2010, 13:31   #14 (permalink)
Ethereal

I would be a bad day for the dark kin if Raiders were mandatory... And I could just see it being a vehicle for GW to shift more boxed sets if they did
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2010, 23:36   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well raiders arent manditory at present.

I might rephrase that. boat spam lists arent manditory at present

In my first 1000pts DE list i had one raider (to transport the wych squad so they werent gonne DIE) and the rest were footsloggers (i had 4 warrior squads on foot, a mandrake squad. I also had a ravager) and that won me more games than i lost

The thing is, at the moment we could not use raiders, but it leaves our lists kinda bland or slow. Hopefully in the future there is some way we can stay alive more (eg wyches having their invul save to dodge bullets like they dodge power fists and lightning claws).

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Quote:
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 10:53   #16 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'd like some new models, as the current ones looks like shit... And also more adapting to the 5'd edition, especially the rules but also for example, the Talos, I mean look at it! It does not deserve it's stats!

More plastic would be nice to :funny: , Hey I heard Necrons are going to get update to, anyone know something about this?
BentuKaisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 12:48   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Talos has AWESOME stats for its cost - if it were in the nid 5th edition codex it would cost about 200 :P

Plastic models are very handy - sometimes it feels like the only plastic things we can buy are the bases :P Metal comes with EVERY HQ, Elite and Heavy Support Choice we have, and all our troops and fast attack choices have some metal bits too (Warriors have darklance warriors (metal) and Jetbike special weapons are metal too)

Necrons - idk but i think this is the wrong place...though i havent heard them being released before us that's for sure

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 20 Jun 2010, 14:47   #18 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah Talos is sweet, but was I meant was if you look at it - it does not fulfil it's stats, at least I think so ^^
I played DE but I quitted since all the metal and that they're so old, but I really love the concepts of 'em and when the new models will be realised (if so) I'm going to explode! ;D

Necrons, yeah maybe wrong thread, I just refered to the new DE release in autumn and if necrons was involved :P
BentuKaisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 14:56   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I convert everything :P

I have plastic Grotesques, Haemonculi, Dark Lance Warriors and soon a Talos when i buy another battleforce

That said, what i would like to see in the next DE codex - even if NOTHING ELSE changed, id like to see Strength 4 splinter rifles. We lack horde killing power so much - even if we tailored a list against 200 ork models in 2000 points we wont have a hope of winning because of the sheer toughness.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 21 Jun 2010, 15:37   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Just some thoughts on fluff I would like to see from an outside perspective:

Factions:

Differing ideologies and pacts with their own strongholds and their own path to survival. Commaragh becoming a warzone as the shifting alliainces of these factions conflict over future of the dark eldar. At stake is the very heart and soul of the dark eldar race.

Appeasers
: Their strong hold is new shining wraithbone hive on a corrupted eldar maiden world. They are dedicated to slanesh and worship the dark prince with all their energies in the hope of appeasing him and thus sparing themselves. It was they who first came into conflict with the vested interests and the civil war that still ravages Commaragh was started to drive them out.

Apotheosians: These disparate individuals seek to become daemons, casting aside their mortal forms and reforging their souls into the very stuff of chaos. They study the warp, make foul pacts with daemons and conduct sacrifice. Very decentralized they range from covens to single practitioners, this disorganization and lack of leadership has left them marginalized in the conflict.

Conservators
: An uneasy alliance of the great powers who hold a vested interest in the old ways. The current strongest faction and holders of Comaragh.
The chair is currently Vect although many within the faction would see him brought down. Following the example of the Black knife cabbal the six great cabals that make up the high council of this alliance have taken control of a small string of scattered and isolated human worlds either covertly or openly to act as human breading cites or "soul farms".

Destroyers
: their aim is simple, in a word Deiocide. They swear an oath to kill slanesh at any price. They are guided by an ancient prophecy and seek out one of the most destructive weapons ever to have existed. They are in direct conflict with the appeasers and destroy the servants of Slanesh wherever they can be found. They live aboard ships within the webway and amongst their number are some of the few dark eldar with access to the black library.

Psycho-mechanists

They mostly live within a besieged bastion of Commaragh. They desire to preserve their minds and souls within psycho-machines. To that end they study soulstones, wrathguard and necronyrs. They also inflict terrible warp experiments on captives and slaves.

Resurrectionists
: Founded and lead by the dark farther. Their goal is the resurrection of Kaela Mensha Khaine. They operate out of a lost craftworld within the eye of terror. They steal away the populations of whole cities to sacrifice to the avatar of khaine and bind their own souls to it even in death.
This is actually not no a idea idea.
Quote:
my brain went all 'splodey from reading that
"Help! I think his brain is leaking!"
Blightedmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote