Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

conversions!
Old 14 May 2010, 14:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default conversions!

As a dark eldar player I get annoyed with the models and I hate the archons and dracons figures. In my army I have two completely customized models acting as my HQ most of the time. What I'm trying to get at, and I don't know if this exists or not, is do you have dark eldar conversions? why? who? I'm not sure how easy it is to post a picture on this forum but it would be cool to see what others are doing to make their dark kin stand out next to the others. When I get my camera working I'll try and post my ugly but oh so dear to me Archon Zayle, the tau hunter.

As a side not feel free to post some fluff in regards to their conversion and if this is already a thread then could someone just redirect me?
wererat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2010, 15:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: conversions!

For fluff and house rules you should try here in 40k creation

For conversion here in Hobby

Picture is relatively easy. You download them to a site like photobucket and then you use the Insert image tag [img ]URL here[/img ] to add them.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2010, 21:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by wererat
As a dark eldar player I get annoyed with the models and I hate the archons and dracons figures. In my army I have two completely customized models acting as my HQ most of the time. What I'm trying to get at, and I don't know if this exists or not, is do you have dark eldar conversions? why? who? I'm not sure how easy it is to post a picture on this forum but it would be cool to see what others are doing to make their dark kin stand out next to the others. When I get my camera working I'll try and post my ugly but oh so dear to me Archon Zayle, the tau hunter.

As a side not feel free to post some fluff in regards to their conversion and if this is already a thread then could someone just redirect me?
Quite a few Eldar figures can be worked into a DE army, as can Warhammer and other bits and pieces - never mind mix and match parts
Old 14 May 2010, 22:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Or you could create a WIP Project log for your army theme, and upload new pics of models when you convert/pain them.

Me myself i make my Haemonculi out of warrior sprues so i am not spending 50 dollars on a few haem models. One i get a camera cord (that isnt broken :P) i will be uploading that to my project log.

I quite like the Archon model IMO but i know alot of people are calling for new models because they look "old". To be honest, most of the models arent that bad, i mean the warriors could certainly use a little work, but they dont need anything too spectacular, and i am actually very fond of the jetbikes and vehicle models we have too.

That said, everybody likes converting :P

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 06:34   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

My dark eldar (locally nicknamed "The Boat People") have lots of conversions/oddball models in there. One of my 2 sybarites is a Striking Scorpion exarch, while I have a Haemonculus on a jetbike complete with a zombie chained to the front.
All my vehicles are equipped with lateen (triangular) sails, though I'm in the process of re-doing the sails (they've taken a beating over the years). After a particularly devastating tournament (pre- webway portal. Couldn't hide hardly any of them from the Imperial Guard) they are now sporting bullet nicks and billowing black steel wool smoke.
I really love the female archon figure. I have her on foot, on a jetbike, and two versions on a skyboard ( one uses Necron bits to give her a bionic arm and leg. The army fluff has them temporarily cut off from home and having to make do.)
My latest conversion has a lowly warrior converted to grotesque by using a spare head and claws from a daemonette. All Hail Plastics!
Once I finish the refit and figure out how to use a digital camera (hey, I'm old!) I'll post pics
Why sails? Well, while I was assembling my first raider I was watching Return of the Jedi...
Old 10 Jun 2010, 21:54   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I agree with Durzod here, the most recent Striking scorpion models (with a darker-colored theme maybe?) make excellent Archons/sybarites. Also, you can use models like Drazhar or some of the Warhammer Dark Elf models (some of which I think look tons better than the 40k equivalent) to model HQ units. As far as Grotesques look...I really love the Flayed Ones from the Necron army, they are basically the same "idea" and look, or you could use some arcoflagellant models.
sliced is offline   Reply With Quote