Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Special abilities that we get to brag about
Old 24 Sep 2009, 10:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default The Special abilities that we get to brag about

We may not be the best team. We have weak models, light armoured tanks and poor armour as well as a codex as old as the emperor himself :P but we have a nice array of abilities which drops a few jaws when we play other players.

I LOVE playing against ppl who havent heard bout or played against DE before. some famous (or imfamous) quotes and questions by opponents are really funny for players like us, such as some of the following.

"your battle tank is a fast skimmer with 3 antitank weapons THAT CAN DEEPSTRIKE"

"so your mandrakes can be in any of those spots there and i cant shoot them?"

"(scourges) can they deepstrike then fire 16 shots from 4 models only BEFORE the rest fires?"

"you get victory points for killing my units in close combat"

feel free to add any of your own lovely experiences to this thread

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2009, 17:47   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: The Special abilities that we get to brag about

"Right, my Archon charges your Carnifex, 3+ to hit, 4+ to wound"

"Right, your Genestealers charge me. I'm I5 I strike first......Oh yeah, you half your WS and you lose a attack."

"What do you mean your entire army can arrive from that blast template?"

"Right, my power weapon hits your lord, invunerable save?"
"Yep."
"Well what is it?"
"2+"
"WHAT?!?"

"This is my flamer.....It has D6 AP"

There's so many more...
Old 25 Sep 2009, 20:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Lately I have been playing Wych Cult so the there are 3 main rules I have to explain.

1. Yes, the raiders move 12", wyches disembark for 2", run for d6" and can assualt 6" unless they have the 12" charge drug.

2. Yes, the wyches have plasma so I am at I6, the halve your weapon skill when you strike them and you do not get the extra attack for a ccw (if there is anyone left).

3. The 3 disintegrator ravager lays 3 blast templates that are str. 7 AP2, however, their secondary mode of fire is only strength 4, AP3. This somehow really disturbs the MEQ type players.

And just for kicks, my favorite line is..."no, this one is special, its AV goes to 11".
Old 14 Oct 2009, 13:31   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

"Erm, I'm going to pursue your unit. What's your Initiative?"

"4 you say? and you've rolled a 4 on your dice? Well I suppose that means I just need a 1+ to catch you with my I8 Archite..."

[hr]

"So your Slaanesh Lord is I6 and he's going first? Nope, my Wyches have I6 as standard."

[hr]

"Your Scourges can move 12" and then still shoot their splinter cannons with 4 shots?"

[hr]

"Your Warpbeasts can move 6", fleet then charge 12" and get four attacks a piece at S4 on the charge?"
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2009, 21:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I had this conversation the other night, I was playing my Wych Cult versus a Chaos Daemons army.

Him, "Ok, my Blood Thirster is Initiative 5, what's your's?

Me, "My Archite is Initiative 8"...silence from the player while the observers hoot and hollar.

Him, "Well, at least my Bloodletters are initiative 5, am I hitting simu?

Me, "My wyches are Initiative 6, dude, your models are moving in slow motion. While you are trying to hit me my Archite and Wyches are doing the Matrix Dodge."