Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dark Eldar players: Introduce Yourselves!
Old 05 Sep 2007, 16:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Dark Eldar players: Introduce Yourselves!

Hail lords, ladies, and masters of the Dark Kin,

I am hoping you can introduce yourselves. Tell us about you!

Name:
How long have you played 40K/ Dark Eldar:

Your geographic location: (be as specific or un-specific as you deem suitable
Cabal Name: (Major/fluffy, DIY- give name)
Typically employed units: (units you are most comfortable with- 3 is a good number)
Least employed units: (units that don't typically have compatibility with your lists)
HQ of choice:
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: (This can be armies you feel particularly comfortable facing, strategic goals like Raider-heavy, or tactical preferences like webway assault)
Areas you'd like to improve: (Same thing as above, but looking to improve against certain opponents, develop strategic/tactical manuevers)

And some questions that might help:

1) Fill in the blank: I would love to use _______ in my Dark Eldar army, but would like to learn more on how to use them/it.

2) I am currently painting/modeling _______, and could use some feedback/advice.

3) Do you have a particular goal with your Dark Eldar army? (This could be winning a GT, developing good theme/fluff, or being a subject matter expert in an area).

- Yriel

Edit- Stickying this topic. Feel free to update it whenever you want to, or not at all. ~Lonely~
Old 05 Sep 2007, 16:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk
Default Re: Dark Eldar players: Introduce Yourselves!

Name: Siruk (the great, the wonderful, etc etc)
How long have you played 40K/ Dark Eldar: 6 years
Your geographic location: Manchester, England
Kabal Name: Kabal of the Blizzard Sting. (Fluff's been posted somewhere awhile ago)
Typically employed units: Wyches, Incubi, Ravagers
Least employed units: Mandrakes, Grotesques, Hellions
HQ of choice: Archon Siruk, Dracite Tiber
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Gaming
Areas you'd like to improve: Painting

Siruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 21:20   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Name: Lix Tetrax
How long have you played 40K/ Dark Eldar: 40k - 10 years; DE - about 6 months
Your geographic location: Wisconsin, USA
Cabal Name: Kabal of the Bloodied Maw
Typically employed units: Wyches, Warriors, Talos
Least employed units: Hellions, Grotesques and, oddly enough, Ravagers.
HQ of choice: Lord w/punisher, t-helm & all the goodies.
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Web-way assault
Areas you'd like to improve: All of them... nothing's ever good enough.

The other questions:

1) Fill in the blank: I would love to use Reaver Jetbikes in my Dark Eldar army, but would like to learn more on how to use them/it.

2) I am currently painting/modeling The Decapitator, and could use some feedback/advice. Pictures will be up shortly.

3) Do you have a particular goal with your Dark Eldar army? I want to eventually win a local tournament with them.
Old 05 Sep 2007, 23:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Name: ToastMaster
How long have you played 40k/Dark Eldar? I've been playing 40k for roughly three years, and Dark Eldar for a little over two.
Your geographic location: Indianapolis, Indiana. Home of the Colts!
Kabal name: Kabal of the Molesting Hand.
Typically employed units: Warriors and Wyches mounted in Raiders, Ravagers
Least employed units: Warp Beasts and Hellions.
HQ of choice: Biker Lord w/Power Weapon, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs and Plasma Grenades
Tactical/strategic strengths: I love to take advantage of the speed Dark Eldar units have. My troops are almost always decked out for assault and mounted in Raiders, and I'll always have a Ravager or two zipping around to help with anti-tank and Monstrous Creatures.
Areas you'd like to improve: Sticking to the objective. I almost always get carried away with the killing. >_>

I'm a painter at heart, but love to get my Dark Eldar on the battlefield, even if it's a rare occurence.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
ToastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 23:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

[b]Name: What are you, lazy? It's right there above my avatar!
[b]Length of Time: Not all that long actually, I played eldar for a year and a half or so then took a break and jumped back in with DE in the last october ('06).
[b]Location: Canada
[b]Kabal Name: I'm not quite sure yet, I've got most of the fluff for my kabal layed out (actually it's more of a merc band) but names are my weak point when I'm making fiction.
[b]Typically Employed Units: I find that warriors and ravagers are my mainstays while all other units are only really one squad strong (technically I have 2 mandrake squads in my list but they're both tiny). I don't makke as much use of wyches as most people.
[b]Rarely Used Units: I have yet to bother much with reavers (don't feel like getting models), heellions or grotesques, although I dabbled in the latter as a way to force target priority tests.
[b]Tactical Strengths: I have a pretty unique list style which emphasizes not showing it's hand until the last second then all units clicking into place where they need to be and annihilating the chosen target(s). All lists do this to an extent but I find that with the DSing elements of the liist mine does it in a slightly different way.
[b]Improvements: I would like to be able to paint and model worth a...umm well i can't say that last word but you all know what I mean.

I think that I've tried all units thoroughly enough to know what I enjoy but maybe trying hellions a bit more sometime.

I am currently painting warriors and raiders/ravagers which is really everything I own, I'm a very slow aand baaaaad painter/modeller. Although I did do a good job modelling my lord so far, I may post pictures if I ever finish him to a passable extent.

I think I would just llike to be a good player, no tournament ambitions for me (although being able to win would be great, I just don't reeeaaalllly care all that much, being skilled is good enough for me).

EDIT: Oops, I forgot my HQ of choice: I like to use a dracon, occasionally with incubi who carries an agoniser, tormentor helm, poisoned blades, a shadow field, combat drugs and plasma grenades. I also use the decapitator.

EmblazonedMauveGearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2007, 02:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Zenith_XS

Name: Zenith_XS, also known on other boards as Bogahn, Fhanados, Dan the Slann and Outercube
How long have you played 40K/ Dark Eldar: I played 40k for about a year as Tyranids then took a 5 year break. When I came back to the hobby I took up Dark Eldar and have been playing them for about 8 months now.
Your geographic location: Central Coast of Australia, about 2 hours North of Sydney.
Kabal Name: Kabal of the Bleeding Dragon
Typically employed units: Wyches in Raiders, Warriors in Raiders and my trademark unit of Grotesques in a Raider.
Least employed units: Never used Mandrakes, Hellions or Scourges but I have a strong dislike for Jetbikes, they have never performed well in my lists.
HQ of choice: Tooled out Archon. I also love Incubi but they don't usually fit into my games.
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Raider Rushing is my main tactic. I can do significant damage on first and second turn, every turn after that I go downhill though .
Areas you'd like to improve: Winning. I have a terrible win:loss ratio. I blame my friends for tailoring their lists to beat mine while I use a all rounder list, but alot of the blame still lies on me.

~Sybaris, High Archon of the Bleeding Dragon Kabal

[br]Click here to feed me a fruit!
Zenith_XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2007, 02:37   #7 (permalink)
lonely tau

Name:Lonely Tau

How long have you played 40K/ Dark Eldar:40k for somewhere near 6 years. Dark Eldar for somewhere near half a year (excluding the time I haven't played many games).

Your geographic location:about 1/4th of a state above Yriel :P

Cabal Name:Kabal of the Silent Shadow/WIP Cabal

Typically employed units: Haemonculi, Grotesques and Hellions

Least employed units: Reaver Jetbikes

HQ of choice: Haemonculi/Archons

Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Quick thinking and Concentrating Fire.

Areas you'd like to improve: Dice Rolling (like all of us), keeping to less of a static theme to my army.

Old 10 Sep 2007, 20:10   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Name:haZe
How long have you played 40K/ Dark Eldar: Started 40k playing Dark Eldar back in 2000.
Your geographic location: Trondheim, Norway
Cabal Name: Not sure, I haven't really played DE for a few years. I restarted them quite recently, and haven't really put much thought into fluff.
Typically employed units:Wyches, Warriors, Ravager and Raiders (good enough to deserve a mention by itself, even though it's technically not a unit)
Least employed units: Grotesques, Scourges, Reavers, Hellions
HQ of choice: Archite, the big bad monster who even scare space marines
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Raider rush. Push the wyches into the spotlight. That's about it.
Areas you'd like to improve: Post-round 2 survivability.... And, well... Actually fixing up the army, since it's been thrown around in a box for oh, three or four years... And the colour scheme I chose when I was 15 isn't really that cool anymore
haZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2007, 00:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Name: Darkside
How long have you played 40K/ Dark Eldar: 40k Since April of 2006, Dark Eldar started about 2 months ago
Your geographic location: Canada, BC, Greater Vancouver Area, North Delta, by Surrey
Cabal Name: Cult of the Spider, Drow Dark Eldar, based off of the Forgotten Realms; Drizzt is my hero
Typically employed units: Wyches, Ravager, Jet Bike
Least employed units: All the things I can't take for a Cult
HQ of choice: Wych Lord Archite
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Need to play my army a little longer before I really can honestly answer that.
Areas you'd like to improve: Just need to get a better feel for the feel of the army a bit. Will come with more games.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 17:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Commander Nearsight

Name: Gorbad Powerklaw
How long have you played 40K/ Dark Eldar: Just starting (have about finished my first DE mini ever, a Raider)
Your geographic location: Finland
Cabal Name: Cabal of the Shooting Star. I was listening to a nice Guns N Roses (I think it's their song) song while painting my Raider the other day. "You're one a million, you're a shooting star." I had heard that song before that but still.
Typically employed units: Raider squads with Raider squad filling, coated with Raider squads. Pretty much the overview of my coming army.
Least employed units: Don't know yet.
HQ of choice: I prefer uber-killy characters, so Archon even in the smallest of games.
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Good dice luck in desperate situations against my friend's Sapce Marines. That is with Orks, don't know about DE yet...
Areas you'd like to improve: General tactical knowhow, deployment and moving tricks in particular.

Great site for all DE stuff.
Commander Nearsight is offline   Reply With Quote