Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

From Green side to the Dark side
Old 20 Aug 2007, 15:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Commander Nearsight
Default From Green side to the Dark side

I couldn't resist the temptation of heavily discounted Dark Eldar stuff on my local retailer store. I just had to buy that Codex, box of Warriors, Raider and one Reaver jetbike, all the DE stuff there. Well I had enough money to buy only the Codex for now but they reserved me the rest. :P

So consider your little community one user larger. As I've about painted my small, 500 points Ork army, I'm expanding to Dark Eldar, who caught my interest in the start of the hobby. But those days I was daunted by people saying it's not a beginner-friendly army so I didn't choose them. Now that I have experience of the game and chance to buy discounted stuff, I can happily start a DE army. ;D

Expect to see some painted minis coming up in the near future. I have to divide my attention to Orks, DE and the upcoming High Elves update (my first ever miniature games army) but I guess I can find time for them all.

Cheers,

Gorbad

Great site for all DE stuff.
Commander Nearsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 20:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk
Default Re: From Green side to the Dark side

Welcome to the darker side my friend.

Any questions or queries are welcome.

For the greater bad

Siruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 21:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Welcome to the True Kin!

You will find the Orks and Dark Eldar similar in battle tactics. Rush them forward, jump out and charge - not a whole lot different. There are trade-offs like Orks may be a little more stable in morale (mob checks) where Dark Eldar are a little more stable in shooting (BS4). Overall however you will find not too much different.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 07:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Commander Nearsight

Quote:
You will find the Orks and Dark Eldar similar in battle tactics. Rush them forward, jump out and charge - not a whole lot different. There are trade-offs like Orks may be a little more stable in morale (mob checks) where Dark Eldar are a little more stable in shooting (BS4). Overall however you will find not too much different
Yes. They both share characteristics I admire: the most important of them is that they're not MEQs! I like my forces relatively low armoured so it represents a deployment and moving challenge. Indeed, low armoured armies seem to bring some of that Warhammer Fantasy Battles moving phase strategy and importance to WH40k. With power armour and T4 you can deploy your forces pretty much anywhere... :P

Ballistic skill 4 will be a nice change. I also love the Raider and Ravager models above all transport and support vehicles in the game. All in all, Dark Eldar seem like a strongly themed and interesting army and like Orks they're not "the easiest" in the start at least.

Great site for all DE stuff.
Commander Nearsight is offline   Reply With Quote