Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

''Dead'' Dark Eldar Codex, THEY ARE NOT DEAD!
Closed Thread
Old 22 Oct 2005, 17:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default ''Dead'' Dark Eldar Codex, THEY ARE NOT DEAD!

Dark Eldar Codex is not dead, the models maybe are. However I like the current models.

Nearly every army list with a new codex has a sudden flood of players, or tactical researchers hovering over the codex. As of yet few people play Dark Eldar, and even fewer have even faced them.

I use this fact to my advantage since most players will have to change their battle plan to suit my needs.

Dark Eldar codex has loads of strategies which are very deadly.

Dark Eldar is a unique army, but is quite similar to orks. This is because Dark Eldar are superbly fast, have incredible shooting ability, and impressive close combat ability.

Who needs armour if you kill most of their heavy weapons on the first turn? I think that Dark Eldar should be left a unique army for people who have the need for speed and big accurate plasmacannons.

''Knowledge is power, hide it well.'' - Some dude from warhammer 40k, whom iv forgetten his name.

As for WWP being more effective then Raider army. I think not. Even though the 4th edition rules have nerfed us with entanglement and various other rules, we are still a very dangerous army.

WWPs require alot of terrain or you will lose alot to a shooting army list Imperial Guard/Tau. Raiders now have defensive gun horrorfexs and disintergrators, and ravagers are much stronger and can wipe out terminator squads in a single shooting phase.

Since a raider army is more adaptable then WWP, the following statement will be overemphasized:

''Those who are able to adapt and change in accord with the enemy and achieve victory are called divine.'' -- Sun Tzu

I have two minds about getting a new codex update, on one hand a new rules would be fun, on the other i like our unique and rarely used style of play.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 18:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: ''Dead'' Dark Eldar Codex, THEY ARE NOT DEAD!

my own DE army will be along the lines of 6 warrior squads with 2 bright lances, wychs in raiders, and reaver jetbikers.

I dislike the DE model range. and this is the main reason i'm not investing in them. GW themselves are not even happy with how the models look.

Personally, im tempted to convert my wyches from daemonettes, but im waiting for the new model range which is rumoured to be on the drawing board before i fully invest in a DE army.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 22 Oct 2005, 18:31   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Games Workshop are not likely to improve many of their models. Although it is for sure that they will upgrades scourges. Space Marines are getting millions of new flashy awesome looking models...how sad... >
Old 23 Oct 2005, 01:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tauknight_
Dark Eldar is a unique army, but is quite similar to orks. This is because Dark Eldar are superbly fast, have incredible shooting ability, and impressive close combat ability
Which isn't really much like Orks at all. Alright, they both have good cc ability - but that's 1 out of 3. Kult of Speed, maybe - regular Orks, nothing like them.

Quote:
As for WWP being more effective then Raider army. I think not. Even though the 4th edition rules have nerfed us with entanglement and various other rules, we are still a very dangerous army.

WWPs require alot of terrain or you will lose alot to a shooting army list Imperial Guard/Tau. Raiders now have defensive gun horrorfexs and disintergrators, and ravagers are much stronger and can wipe out terminator squads in a single shooting phase.
This is all untrue. I've played both for years and the WWP army is more flexible, more powerful and less susceptible to enemy attacks.

A good WWP army is completely undependant on terrain and getting the first turn. My tacitca explains it: http://tauonline.org/tactic_drkeldknow.php

But even the best Raider Rush army needs at least good terrain, and benefits a lot from getting the first turn. You try playing a Raider army on a board with hardly any terrain, going second, against a shooty opponent. A WWP army can cope with this, but a Raider list has a very rough time.

Ravagers are weaker because of the new blast template rules.

Horrorfexes are OK but useless against so many armies that I don't even bother to use them anymore. There are too many Fearless (or similar) units out there to make them worthwhile in a 'take on all comers list'.

Quote:
Since a raider army is more adaptable then WWP
But it isn't. Admittedly, it depends what's in your Raiders, but most Raider armies are assault based, just as are WWP armies. The only real difference is the way the Raiders get to their targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tauknight_
Games Workshop are not likely to improve many of their models.
I don't think even this is true either. The most common complaint about Dark Eldar is their models, and GW certainly know this. They know that this puts players off Dark Eldar. I find it hard to believe that they would completely ignore this. I expect to see new Warriors and new Wyches at least.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Closed Thread