Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Swooping Hawks
Old 09 Dec 2010, 20:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Swooping Hawks

What is the point of swooping hawks? as far as i can tell they have no purpose other than to deep strike, drop their grenades and skyleap to do it again next turn. I just think that warp spiders are superior in almost every way.
Old 09 Dec 2010, 23:31   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

personally, I don't use either swooping hawks or warp spiders because I have a Saim-Hannish army that has jetbikes so there is really not much need for much fast attack.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP!!!
W40kG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2013, 19:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What you forget, is that Swooping Hawks are one of the best tank hunters of the entire Eldar Warhost.

Unlike Fire Dragons, they don't need a transport to get to the tank - assaulting it with their haywire grandes will strip off all its hullpoints in 1 round of assault, and turn it into a nice wreck to get coversaves from, before the hawks assault the next tank and so on.

And if there are no tanks to assault, they'll go back into ongoing reserves, then arrive back into play, deliver a 2nd grenade blast and wipe up the stragglers with their improved lasblasters.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote