Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Two Seer Councils?
Old 30 Nov 2010, 19:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to TauGamer
Default Two Seer Councils?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of starting an eldar army but cant decide on what to get. I'm thinking of doing a Foot-dar list and here is what im thinking

Eldrar
10 Warlocks:1 enhance,1 embolden
Farseer: Doom, Fortune
10 Warlocks:1 enhance,1 embolden
20 Guardians: Bright Lance
20 Storm Guardians: 2 meltaguns, Warlock w/ Enhance
3 wraithlords: Bright Lance, Missile Launcher.

Tell me what you think. How do you think a dual seer council will do? Is this a viable list? Can it tackle Guard Chimera Spam?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

(\_/) this is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TauGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2010, 01:46   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I think this could be a successful list against the guard chimera spam, The farseer and Eldrad will keep the guard forces at bay while also supporting your troops, and the 3 bright lances from the wraith lords and the 1 from the guardians should take care of those nasty chimeras. Then the warlocks in assault will tear apart guardsmen with their witchblades and the guardians will clean up the mess and take the objectives.
By the way, how many points is this list? I'm guessing about 1500 but I may be wrong.
W40kG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2010, 19:18   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to TauGamer

It should be around 1500 points, I kinda just through it all together. Do you think footslogging warlocks can handle the awsome firepower guard can throw out there? I think they can once they have fortune up. but whats your opinion. for 2k points I think I would add 2 striking scorpion squads to infiltrate and divert some fire, and maybe another 20man guardian squad. tell me what you think.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

(\_/) this is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TauGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2010, 19:38   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well, my seer council for a 1500 point army has only 3 warlocks without fortune and at least a couple of them always survive. Although I do have a few distraction units to help with that. I'm not sure what you should take, guardians would help to be able to hold more objectives, but you can never have enough aspect warriors and scorpions will probably do more than just draw some fire. I guess as long as you don't let your scoring units die you should take the scorpions. (But if you feel you need and extra scoring unit, you could always get the best of both worlds with dire avengers, just a thought.)

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP!!!
W40kG is offline   Reply With Quote