Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Guardians
Old 21 Oct 2010, 21:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Guardians

My wife is joining me in playing 40k and has decided she wants to build an Eldar force. Her first couple units though are guardians (she is trying to do one to look all female and has worked up some nice fluff about mothers taking to the field to provide support to their daughters who have become howling banshees to better ensure their daughters reach the enemy even if it costs them their own lives to do it). My question is this, aside from the gun platform they come with is there much point to guardians other than body shields, objective takers and massed infantry fires?
Thanks for any input.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 13:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yes they can be really good if you hang a farseer out with them ... put them in cover and fortune them. (reroll that cover save) and for more support 2 war walkers with scatter lasers close enough so that the same farseer can guide them(war walkers). use this as fire support and objective takers... The banshees should always be in a wave serpent.......
Old 03 Nov 2010, 20:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Cool thanks I'll pass it on, additionally, jet bikes..., I have never faced a player that fielded them but she wants (and has purchased 5 so far) a unit of fast attack jet bikes. I dont know enough about them so should I just advise her to use them like my pirahnas or is there a better way to max out their performance?
Old 06 Nov 2010, 23:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

The way I use jet bikes... usualy have 2 squads of 3 .. good for grabbing or contesting in that last turn and if you throw a Cannon on one of them they are good for sniping and then using that 6" bonus move in assault phase to hide again. so you can have a scoring unit that only cost 66 or 76 points. Eldar jetbikes are TROOP choices . unless they are shining spears, Ive never use the spears myself.... I like my wave serpents with Dragons and Banshees.....
Old 07 Dec 2010, 19:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Just clarifying another point on Eldar, wave serpents can be purchased without eating up an additional troop slot as long as they are attached to a squad that can have transport correct (such as banshees or guardians).