Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help with psychic hood
Old 01 Jul 2010, 22:11   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Help with psychic hood

My buddy is an avid marine player and is infatuated with his librarian. He attaches him to a command squad and hides him in a land raider. My problem is his psychic hood counters my farseer's powers about half the time. My only options seem to either try to stay the 24" away from the land raider, or to try and pop it and then attempt to kill the librarian, of course having to go through the whole command squad and whatever hero he has with them( usually Pedro Cantor). It seems like a waste to have a farseer. Any suggestions would be great!
skullthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2010, 06:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Help with psychic hood

Well I'd say the best thing to do would be to ignore his librarian. If he poured they many points into that blasphemous Marine (Black Templar Player ;D) then make his unit useless by staying out range with your farseer. Make him feel like he wasted his points on the guy, then when he charges in set a trap with your AT and anti hero units(just like a trickzy eldar would ;D). I wish I could be more helpful but when i encounter psy hoods i usually beat them or don;t find them to be a problem.

If that doesn't work put the librarian in the microwave so he can face his heretical ways >!

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2010, 18:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Take runes (it's either witnessing ot warding) that make him take perils of the warp on a 12+while rolling 3 dice per power thus effectivley shutting his psyker down only differnce is you didnt pay for a 250 point box to hold yours in.

Titan
world eaters master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2010, 03:07   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I find Runes of Warding great for discouraging the use of enemy psykers. Like the others I suggest you get him to chase your psyker around if he wants to hood your powers, that way you can use the rest of your army to attack what little points he hasn't sunk into this land-raider command unit.
FADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 16:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Dont forget to put your farseer on a Jetbike....