Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

new Eldar tattoo
Old 27 Apr 2011, 03:36   #21 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

dang 10,000 pnts worth painted? I have almost a whole 2nd company of marines (maybe a full man squad short or 2) with a few termies and veteran units that represent elements pulled from 1st company, but only a quarter of them do I have fully put together and painted. I would guess I might have about 5,000pnts or so worth of SM all together.
ldarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2011, 15:43   #22 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to purple_harlequin

Ya took my the better part of the 5 years I've been playing. Soon, the shadow specteres and wraithseer will swell my ranks further. Lol
Old 28 Apr 2011, 00:05   #23 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I finally got the paint so I can start to build my own Eldar army. Any suggestions? Right now I all I got are Guardians, Dire Avengers and Farseer with warlocks
ldarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2011, 07:38   #24 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ya you're gonna want a hand to hand squad like banshees, just in case. Also, wave serpents are handy for troop transport. Eldar are very specialized, so it all depends on what you're playing against as to what you should take.

Becky
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:11   #25 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Oh if you're going to give advice I might have to poke at you too. My wife plays Eldar but our local Eldar players are complete pricks, almost as bad as some of the space marines. I do what I can to help her but I only play Tau and really you need someone with experience to know what to do. BTW I showed her your pic and she loves the tattoo too, though personally she loves banshees but is a whimp when it comes to pain thus I have the tattoos in the family.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2011, 00:26   #26 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm not great at advice to be honest. Lol I can try though. I want a tatto of a banshee going up my calf.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 16:38   #27 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well what do you find most effective in the heavy support role, especially against marines.

I have got and built her 3 wave serpents so far (she keeps her farseer and 3 warlocks in one to through out spells to augement other units).

Her favorite units though are her banshees and her all female guardian squad with warlock and missile platform. She came up with fluff about an all female guardian squad who are the mothers, aunts and sisters of her banshees and deploy to provide them fire support so they can get into CC and do what they do best. Had to custom build the squad it was alot of fun. They normally use the other 2 wave serpents.
Old 02 May 2011, 02:15   #28 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I like dark reapers against marines personally. I also like to take a farseer with my banshees to help fight termies. Fortune and Doom work wonders.
Old 02 May 2011, 17:32   #29 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A 2nd Farseerer with the Banshees...she will probably love that. What is your opinion of the big wraithlords in heavy support? She was thinking of getting two so one could stand on either side of her farseer's waveserpent and augemented one or both each round.