Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help me choose a craftworld!
Old 22 Jun 2010, 15:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Help me choose a craftworld!

Well... along with my friend, I've also decided to do a small eldar force (3-500pts.)

Now, first off, I'll explain my theme, because as far as i know it's a little unorthodox.

The basic idea is that a farseer has left his craftworld to go and help humanity (or at least warn them about random things that will happen via his psychic ability), as he believes humanity could work with the eldar to make things better.... (even if they try to kill everything occasionally)
Anyway, he's taken a few other eldar with him (not aspect warriors) who share his ideas - hence the tiny army 3-500pts.

So how does this sound?

Secondly. I'm stuck on a craftworld. What I'm looking for is something with bright colours, but which in the fluff has excellent farseers - i guess you're beginning to see my conundrum...

Ulthwe is black & white/bone... but has the fluff edge... it's also my favourite...
Whereas Iyanden (my other favourite) is yellow & blue... but lacks the fluff :-/ and probably wouldn't be able to spare many guardians (then again if they're going with the farseer willingly?...)

Anyway. Thanks for having the patience & time to read this random rubbish! ;D

Old 22 Jun 2010, 15:42   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Help me choose a craftworld!

I'd go with a sub-sect of Ulthwe, or a Craftworld with similar fluff but your own colours.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 16:12   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Why not go Ulthwe? Your farseer could be utilizing the brighter colors (possibly his own personal colors for his personal retinue?) to disguise his craftworld of origin. You could even have fun with little touches like original paint/markings starting to show through the worn 'camouflage'.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 16:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzod
Why not go Ulthwe? Your farseer could be utilizing the brighter colors (possibly his own personal colors for his personal retinue?) to disguise his craftworld of origin. You could even have fun with little touches like original paint/markings starting to show through the worn 'camouflage'.
This. Say he's from Ulthwe but is using the brighter scheme to distance himself from the 'backward' eldar that remained.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 18:00   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

He could be from just about any. But if you Like Iyanden then he would be great if was trying to mobilize humans against the Tyranid thread. Working with Inquisitors to get them to attack certain things before the nid thread becomes too big, convince them to move a colony so they will not attract them etc.

As far as army comp. I'd say he'd at least have some warlocks who follow him through thick and thin. Maybe even a wraithlord bodyguard. Wraithguard would be hard to do for small points. Rangers who help him to meet certain humans would make sense too. Or the enigmatic Harlequins.
CelestialDragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 18:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A farseer with friends breaking with normal craftworld tradition and venturing off 'with' humans, sounds awfully like Alaitoc. Their colour scheme is roughly the inverse of Iyanden to boot.

They are most well known for their abundance of rangers in their army, which again would be most likely to follow with the farseer 'wandering' the stars. A farseer, a few rangers, maybe some guardians and a waveserpent for transport, hmmm.

Farseer guide and fortune, RoW, Spirit Stones (your farseer sounds like he/she would rather help succeed or persevere rather than doom and mind war, but hey whatever). What around 135 IIRC.

Some veteran pathfinders aiding the farseer lets say 5 for 120

Guardians would act as the entourage: small army, so 10 of them, with the flexible Eldar Missile Launcher 100

Wrap it all up with a wave serpent, spirit stones , and TL-Bright Lance for removing those tough targets. If you think its overkill, go for star engines and TL-EML or StC maybe? 145

Heh, what do ya know, 500 exactly. Why can't I do that when challenged to a random game :-\.

Old 23 Jun 2010, 14:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaharrr!!! (TGS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzod
This. Say he's from Ulthwe but is using the brighter scheme to distance himself from the 'backward' eldar that remained.

these are my favourite so far... purely because it opens up options for all the craftworlds... Biel-Tan being the most likely... let's face it, if any craftworld is narrow-minded when it comes to humanity, it's Biel-Tan..

EDIT: thanks for all the other help by the way Just one thing... i know it's not definitive, but on Lexicanum (i'm sad enough to look it up) it says that Alaitoc's main enemy is the imperium.... I can see the farseer warning humanity about nids or chaos... but not an alaitoc guy doing it :-/
Old 28 Jun 2010, 15:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to purple_harlequin

I kinda made up my own story about my craftworld also. I loved Biel Tan's mission and symbol but wasn't crazy about their colors. My colors are dark purple and yellow, and we're still Biel Tan, but we branched off alittle bit. ;D
Old 28 Jun 2010, 20:44   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm not sure about all craftworlds but for Saim-Hann they have different clans who have their own icons if not their own colors. Saim-Hann is kinda considered barbaric by other eldar though and they are know to even fight with each other. For me though I like making my own craftworld so I can do what ever I want and know one can say different.
CelestialDragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote