Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Post your DIY Craftworld Aspect
Old 16 Jun 2010, 23:17   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Post your DIY Craftworld Aspect

Here's my two.

Aspects Troops
Dan-Wen has most of the aspect temples known to eldar craftworlds. Dire Avengers being the predominant aspect and banshees being the least. But it is known for it's rare vehicle aspects and it's unique close combat aspect known as The Bloody Hands of Khaine.

Hammers of Vaul
Rare on the craftworlds is the Aspect known as the Hammers of Vaul. An aspect dedicated to the use of eldar Vehicles. Due to it's high technology, Dan-Wen has a few temples to this aspect.

For plus X points. Eldar vehicles may upgrade to this aspect. They gain +1 to BS and WS if applicable. In addition War Walkers gain the "Fleet" special rule.

In squadrons of 2 or more, one of the vehicles may further upgraded to an Exarch to gain a further +1 to BS or WS. Exarchs my take Exarch powers. (Regular 40k this is only War Walkers and Vypers)

Exarchs Powers
Tank Hunter
Crack Shot

Bloody Hands of Khaine
Dan-Wen is also home to the unique aspect temple, The Bloody Hands of Khaine. They represent the wanton destruction of Khaine the eldar god of War and Murder. The Bloody Hands are aspect warriors that use the deadly eldar power glove. A combination of eldar power weapon and force field technology. The eldar power glove is not nearly as bulky or slow as the imperial or ork power fists. It doubles the wearers strength in close combat but also halves their initiative (rounded down) and is a power weapon. It can still be used in combination with another close combat weapon to gain an extra attack. In addition the force field technology gives them a 5+ inv. save in close combat. (Note: CC only!)

Elite Troop
Stats: Same as Striking Scorpions
25pts each, exarch upgrade +12pts
Squad: 5-10
Unit: Infantry
Weapons: Shuriken Pistol, Eldar Power Glove, Plasma Grenades.
Transport: The squad may be mounted in a Wave Serpent.

Exarch Wargear
The exarch may upgrade to the double power glove. A glove on each arm with integrated shuriken pistols. This gives +2 attacks as well as a re-roll to hit when shooting his pistols.

Exarch Powers
Master Strike. An exarch my give up all his attacks to strike once at triple his strength.

The aspects armor is golden with it's power glove being crimson. They also tend to be bare headed but this is not always the case.
CelestialDragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2010, 03:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Post your DIY Craftworld Aspect

Ah, those are cool. I like the Bloody Hands, but I'm not going to lie, every time I hear "Power glove" I think "Nintendo."

That or you could just punch them in the face while you shout "I am the father of cubes! Fear the wrath of the cubefather!".
Taldaneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2010, 06:45   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Sorry don't know Nintendo. ??? I'm working on another one too but not sure quite how to do them yet.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 07:00   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Now I'm an IG guy, and don't collect Eldar, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of a psyker aspect. Maybe you could do one with a psyker squad, like the IG psyker battle squad, but better.

98% of the world plays World of Warcraft or any other type of MMO. If your one of the 2% that doesn't, post this into your signature.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

(\_/) this is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.

Diplomacy: The art of saying 'nice doggy' until your sniper gets the range.
Aussiegamer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2010, 07:23   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

The reason there isn't a psyker aspect as such is because the path of the seer is seperate to the path of the warrior in Eldar culture. Warlocks are the equivalent of a psychic aspect if you want to look at them like that, but it's not really correct to do so because the aspects are aspects of Khaine - god of war, not psykers.

The seer council is more or less the sort of thing you would field if after a large squad of psykers.
Autarch Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2010, 13:24   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I\'ve got a couple for my own Craftworld, namely the \"Haunting Phantoms\" and the \"Rampaging Worms\". The latter is a joke one me and a friend made up but the former is the serious one.

The Haunting Phantoms basically use poisoned gauntlets as their primary weapon, with the exarch getting poisoned power weapons as his exarch upgrade. They take the form of drifting spectres (basically jump infantry that can only move 6\", but may also move in the Assault phase 6\" just like Eldar jetbikes) and get a 5+ Invulerable and a 5+ armour save due to their \'spectre fields\' which basically work like mini-holofields only alot more ghostly looking.

The \"rampaging worms\" on the other hand were Eldar who crawl around on the floor and come with back-mounted grenade launchers. The original rampaging worm was a Dire Avenger who had his legs blown off but still wanted to fight the enemies of the Eldar.

I\'ll be posting up full rules for these two later (probably in the House Rules board as it seems a little more appropriate - but I\'ll link to it here so you can see).
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2010, 14:50   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Ok here's one, not totally finished but as good as I can do without a codex and 5th ed rulebook to hand. 8)

Frost Revenants

Frost Revenants are ghastly figures that stalk isolated units and sow seeds of despair and confusion amongst the ranks of the enemy. Their temple arose as a solution to the practice of using Wraithguard warriors. Some Eldar were so opposed to this that they founded an aspect that was able to mimic the nature of the Wraith without requiring the ressurection of the dead. Sometimes this aspect is known as 'The Aspect of the Wraith' for this reason.

Frost Revenants force themselves into a trance-like state when on the battlefield. Achieving the mind-state of the Wraith enables them to endure the cold that their armour cannot entirely protect them from, to remain calm in battle, and largely ignore pain and fatigue. The trade-off is that they are less able to utilize thier natural lightning reflexes and so can be slower to react than their more grounded cousins.

Encrusted with unnatural ice thier armour is freezing and deadly sharp to the touch, and the often extreme temperature contrast with the environment wreaths them in a ghostly mist. Combined with personal holofields that break apart and distort thier image this can make them appear incorporeal. Frost Revenants use this to great effect, approaching through the mist like apparitions until they are close enough to bring cold death to their enemies with thier advanced weaponry and glittering blades.
[hr]

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Frost Revenant[/td][td]***[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]9[/td][td]3+/5+*[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Frost Revenant Exarch[/td][td]***[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]9[/td][td]3+/5+*[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[table][tr]
[td]Unit Composition:
  • 5-10 Frost Revenants
[/td]

[td]Wargear:
  • All Frost Revenants are equipped with Frostcannons (as Flamer, but -1 str, +1 AP and pinning)
and Power Blades.
  • All Frost Revenants are equipped with personal holofields. This grants a 5+ invunerable save already include in their profile.
[/td]

[td]Options:
  • Exarch at +XXpts
  • For each 5 models one may upgrade their Frostcannon to a Starcannon at +25pts
[/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td] Unit Type:
  • Infantry
[/td][/tr]

[tr]
[td]Special Rules:
  • May Deep Strike
  • Immune to psychology (or nearest 5th Ed equivalent)
[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
Old 17 Jun 2010, 18:25   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzy
Ok here's one, not totally finished but as good as I can do without a codex and 5th ed rulebook to hand. 8)

Frost Revenants

Frost Revenants are ghastly figures that stalk isolated units and sow seeds of despair and confusion amongst the ranks of the enemy. Their temple arose as a solution to the practice of using Wraithguard warriors. Some Eldar were so opposed to this that they founded an aspect that was able to mimic the nature of the Wraith without requiring the ressurection of the dead. Sometimes this aspect is known as 'The Aspect of the Wraith' for this reason.

Frost Revenants force themselves into a trance-like state when on the battlefield. Achieving the mind-state of the Wraith enables them to endure the cold that their armour cannot entirely protect them from, to remain calm in battle, and largely ignore pain and fatigue. The trade-off is that they are less able to utilize thier natural lightning reflexes and so can be slower to react than their more grounded cousins.

Encrusted with unnatural ice thier armour is freezing and deadly sharp to the touch, and the often extreme temperature contrast with the environment wreaths them in a ghostly mist. Combined with personal holofields that break apart and distort thier image this can make them appear incorporeal. Frost Revenants use this to great effect, approaching through the mist like apparitions until they are close enough to bring cold death to their enemies with thier advanced weaponry and glittering blades.
[hr]

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Frost Revenant[/td][td]***[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]9[/td][td]3+/5+*[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Frost Revenant Exarch[/td][td]***[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]9[/td][td]3+/5+*[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[table][tr]
[td]Unit Composition:
  • 5-10 Frost Revenants
[/td]

[td]Wargear:
  • All Frost Revenants are equipped with Frostcannons (as Flamer, but -1 str, +1 AP and pinning)
and Power Blades.
  • All Frost Revenants are equipped with personal holofields. This grants a 5+ invunerable save already include in their profile.
[/td]

[td]Options:
  • Exarch at +XXpts
  • For each 5 models one may upgrade their Frostcannon to a Starcannon at +25pts
[/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td] Unit Type:
  • Infantry
[/td][/tr]

[tr]
[td]Special Rules:
  • May Deep Strike
  • Immune to psychology (or nearest 5th Ed equivalent)
[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
Pretty cool. Instead of a holofield though, since it's used by harlies, how about a piece of tech or psychic thing that allows them to literally walk through walls! They would ignore difficult terrain and can walk through impassible terrain but can not start or end their move within the terrain or else start to loose men. Also if they are fast enough they can do it when they are being shot at or attacked in cc. giving them and Inv. save.

One thing I don't like is the name. It sounds too much like a space marine chapter. You need something eldary. They use words like "spirit" or "ghost" a lot. Something like "Spirits of Khaine/Eldandesh/Isha" for example.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 18:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Back when people actually played Battlefleet gothic (BFG) the Eldar had the option to upgrade to wraith ships, apparently entire vessels with no, to few crew. They were maintained entirely by various wraithbone constructs/systems. (If I were a berzerker teleported unto a wraithship I sure would be disappointed!). So we have Wraithguard, lords, and ships, the missing link, vehicles.

See http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_..._the_Eldar.pdf for mention of these wraithships, and details on their construction and function.
[hr]

Points: Unknown, would have vary on the vehicle to which it is applied.

Wraithvehicles are constructed of wraithbone, a durable material yet malleable in the hands of those attuned to it, the bonesingers.

Speed and grace are still paramount for Eldar Doctrines though, so the the full durability of the wraithbone cannot be invoked for frontline vehicles. (I don't want Eldar with AV13, anywhere. If they were they would not be fast vehicles that for sure).

0-1 Wraith vehicle changes: +1 BS, ignores crew stunned and shaken, +1 AV on rear armour (front for war walkers and Vypers), wraithsight. The purchase of spirit stones negate the wraithsight special rule, perhaps.

0-1:I would want this type of thing to be rare. One squad of war walkers, vypers or a single tank. Hmmm, maybe +1 for every 10 wraithguard in the army to have a real Iyanden style army.
+1 BS: Stems from the trend that wraith constructs are usually 'above average' Eldar spirits, they have much experience in war, which seems too involve shooting.
Ignores ...: Follows that a vehicle without a living crew would not be stunned nor shaken.
+AV: Wraithbone is still tough stuff, basically giving the vehicle increased durability in CC.
Wraithsight: Hey they are still wraith constructs. BUT
Spirit stones: This upgrade would be unnecessary otherwise, having to have a spiritseer close by would be impractical, instead add redundant spirit stones to ensure operational effectiveness.

Guess its not a NEW aspect, but I think it could be cool.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:06   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialDragonKing
Pretty cool. Instead of a holofield though, since it's used by harlies, how about a piece of tech or psychic thing that allows them to literally walk through walls! They would ignore difficult terrain and can walk through impassible terrain but can not start or end their move within the terrain or else start to loose men.
Briefly considered it, but I wanted them to just look wraithlike, not actually be wraiths. They are heavy infantry, that sort of ability is usually best reserved for light infantry or fast attack. Plus, the Warp Spiders can already do that. :P

Quote:
Also if they are fast enough they can do it when they are being shot at or attacked in cc. giving them and Inv. save.
They already have an invunerable save. ^^

Quote:
One thing I don't like is the name. It sounds too much like a space marine chapter. You need something eldary. They use words like "spirit" or "ghost" a lot. Something like "Spirits of Khaine/Eldandesh/Isha" for example.
Revenant is pretty Eldar-y, it pretty much means 'spirit' though with a darker twist to it. Similar to Reaper. Spirit and Ghost are ok to default to if you can't think of anything but I think they're a bit overused already so wanted to avoid that. I'm quite familiar with the Eldar words though having read the various Eldar dictionaries when I was naming my Eldar fleet/ships years ago.
Quote:
Back when people actually played Battlefleet gothic (BFG) the Eldar had the option to upgrade to wraith ships, apparently entire vessels with no, to few crew.
See above.