Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar Night Spinner
Old 27 May 2010, 02:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean
Default Eldar Night Spinner

So I've seen the rules for the night spinner and frankly I'm very excited for it. It seems like it will prove to be very effective. I don't know if I can post rules for White Dwarf Publications on here but I'm sure that some moderator will actually modify the post if it's in appropriate.

The basic body is the exact same points cost and stats as a fire prism and can take all the same upgrades. This is no surprise for the most part. It just means it's on the same super durable chassis that Eldar players have been used to. The only difference is that it has a Falcon BS of 3 instead of the Fire Prism BS of 4. This wont be such a huge issue considering the nature of the new gun. It's also going to be very fast, being able to move 12" and fire it's barrage weapon. Which brings me to the new weapon.

It's gun is a strength 6 ap- large blast template with the Rending USR. It's also a barrage weapon so it doesn't need line of sight to shoot. It does however have a minimum range. It's range is 12" - 72", which is pretty friggin' sweet. We can hide one of these tanks FAR away from return fire and if our vehicle is threatened by deep strikers or outflankers we can run 24" in the following turn. In my personal opinion there is very little NOT to like about the new Tank.

The thing that I like is that even though it is a white dwarf publication it is an officially recognized unit. So when you other Eldar players pick up the new white dwarf just take the page with the Night Spinner on it, tear it out of the white dwarf and glue it right into the heavy support section of your Eldar Codex!
;D
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 04:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman
Default Re: Eldar Night Spinner

I was also psyched when I heard about this. I'll never field that new fire prism, but I can live with the night spinner with these rules. Waaaay better than the forgeworld one. I also heard that if the unit takes wounds it has to move as if it were in difficult terrain next turn.
Old 27 May 2010, 04:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Oh yeah I completely forgot! That's one of the best parts! You are somewhat correct. It's actually better and worse than you think. Any unit HIT with this weapon (even if they didn't suffer a wound) moves as though they are in difficult AND dangerous terrain in the following turn.

Amazing weapon.
Old 27 May 2010, 04:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Does it still maintain it's transport capacity or have they just dropped that?
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 05:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

No Transport capacity. I believe that's why it's like (i.e. same kit as) the Fire Prism, it's just got a killy gun on it >.

I like pretty much everything about this tank, hadn't noticed the minimum range thing but seeing as you can move 12" and still fire I think it'll work out anyway. Rending makes it even more bad ass.

I approve...

... and will now make plans to acquire one of these kits and make it modular so I can switch between a Fire Prism and a Night Spinner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 12:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

AND dangerous?!? Hoooly cow. 8)

GW really wants to sell this model, lol.
Old 27 May 2010, 13:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

On a side note, the store manager of my GW and I are good friends so he I offered to put together the stores Night Spinner/Fire Prism for him. It's not terribly difficult to put together for one but the issue is the interchangeability of the guns. It's probably not even difficult. It's just not going to be very easy. I just need to play with it for a bit. I'm going to get some suggestions from him when I drop it back off to him later today.
Old 27 May 2010, 19:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Let me know how that goes. I am very interested in making my prism be interchangeable with the night spinner. I am super excited about the model.

That or you could just punch them in the face while you shout "I am the father of cubes! Fear the wrath of the cubefather!".
Taldaneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 22:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Looking at the kit again today, I'm hoping that they sell the turret separately so I'll be able to magnetize it and swap turrets.
Old 27 May 2010, 22:50   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm looking forward to hear about that too. I've already had great luck with magnets on my war walker and HW platform. I lucked out finding a great place for them too if anyone wants to know where. I got some rectangular magnets that are fantastic on the bottom of heavy weapons.

The night spinner sounds great now that that it has rending. Makes a lot more sense for the description of it. The difficult/dangerous terrain sounds great too. Nice addition fluff and rule-wise.
CelestialDragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote