Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar Tatica
Closed Thread
Old 23 Jul 2005, 07:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Eldar Tatica

Ok im new at this and have only just started to collect eldar Ulthwe. These are just basic ideas for tactics without going into too much detail. Please tell me what you think of them and anyother suggetions you might have would be useful!

HQ:
Seer Council:
Farseer with Witchbalde, Mind war and Fortune
Farseer with shuriken pistol, Witchblade, Guide and fortune
Warlock with s.p, Witchblade, Enhance
Warlock with s.p, Witchblade, Conceal
Warlock with s.p, Witchblade and destructor

Tooled up with witchblades and powers such as fortune, enhance and guide, i would have the seer council as a part of the main advance behind the core of black guardians, grouped up with the scorpions. This way i could use their powers to either help nearby units or increase their own abilities and use them in cc, fighting resasonably strong enemies but not your hive tyrants or carnifexes.

Elites:
6x Striking Scorpions (with haywire grenades)
Exarch with claw and stealth
Begining the battle with the seer council, the scorpions use thier infilitrate abiltiy to get close to the enemy and engage them in cc (i know that sounds kinda basic but just go with it).

6x Fire dragons with melta bombs
Exarch with fire pike
In a falcon transport, the job of the dragons is to move around the field and devastate enemy vehicles before they can become useful. Another possible use is to take on creatures that are hard to kill (i.e carnifexes), at range.

Troops:
20x Black Guardians with starcannon support weaon and warlock with witchblade, s.p and conceal
20x Black Guardians with starcannon support weaon and warlock with witchblade, s.p and conceal
Form the core of my troops, equiped with star cannons their job is to create a moving fire base that devastates the troops as the enemy charges.

8x Storm Guardians with 2x flamers, haywire grenades and warlock with witchblade, s.p and enhan
In a wave serpent, their job is to move around the field, attacking rank and file troops (similar characteristics to the storm guardians) and causing havoc with flamer templates and haywaire grenades, while the main body of the force does their job.

wave serpent with starcannon upgrade, holo field, shuriken cannon, spirit stone
As it is carrying cc troops i would arm it with a star cannon (good marine killing shots) and a holo field to increase its durability. So that when the troops deploy out of the vehicle they have cover fire before an assault

Fast Attack:
2x Vypers with bright lances and holo fields
2x Vypers with scatter lasers
I would arm 2 out of 4 vypers with bright lances and holo fields,then group them into a mobile anti-tank sqaud that can dart in and out of cover to take pop shots at high armour vehicles. The other 2 would keep their scatter lasers and cause problems for advancing troops.

Heavy Support:
Wraithlord with bright lance and 2x flamers
equiped with a bright lance it would primarily be a tank hunter, however it could also find some use in assualting creatures that most others in the army wouldnt (i.e carnifexes)

Falcon with bright lance, holo field, shruiken cannon, spirit stone
Tooled up with a Bright lance and holo field, the falcon is much as a tank killer as the fire dragons and will be their to finish up a job that poor rolls meant that they couldnt.

Thew long post, thanks for reading, any comment, suggestions, changes or anyother ideas would be greatly aprechiated* ;D
Come on everybody sing along with me!
(Yes I maybe insane but unless you want me and my very nice friends in silver hunting you down I would keep quiet about it, alright?)
Old 23 Jul 2005, 08:01   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Eldar Tatica

Seeing as you seem to be supplying tactica for a certain list, it would be a good idea to post the list itself too (edit it into the original thread please).
Old 25 Jul 2005, 07:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Spaceknight

Depends what army your versing as well power armour or swarm

Im dyislexic dont hate me for it
Old 25 Jul 2005, 10:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

to be honest this isnt a really good list its basically stating my entire army without chopping a changing to fit into points so i would really look at it more as a general overview and consider more if im using the right wargear and powers for warlocks more than anything else
Come on everybody sing along with me!
(Yes I maybe insane but unless you want me and my very nice friends in silver hunting you down I would keep quiet about it, alright?)
Closed Thread