Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Some eldar question?
Old 25 Apr 2010, 10:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Some eldar question?

How many attack do striking scorpions have? They have the mandblasters so they add +1 attack right, on their other hand, they have the claw right, so when they assualt , they have 4 attacks right. Because they are duel wired, so I think they will have 4 attack. one more thing, I have a problem to kill land raider? How can I pwned them? My last question is falcon or fire prism , which one seem better?
Old 25 Apr 2010, 12:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Some eldar question?

It depends. A Regular Scorpion will get 3 (4 with a charge) and Exarch will get 3(4 on a charge) with the claw or 4(5 in a charge) if he doesn't use the claw. The Reason they lose an attack while using the claw is that it's a power weapon and as the Rulebook indicate 2 are needed for an attack bonus.

Land raider are an annoyance to all. What you need is to immobilize it with your Lances or melta weapon and then forget about it. It's weapon range are not all that impressive so you just have to dance around.

Although I use neither, the Falcon seems ot be more versatile then the Prism.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2010, 13:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombevil
one more thing, I have a problem to kill land raider? How can I pwned them? My last question is falcon or fire prism , which one seem better?
Get a squad of fire dragons and drop them out of a serpent or falcon, almost guaranteed to kill the land raider (I've taken out a baneblade in one turn of shooting with my 10 FDs).

Falcon is a lot more versatile and I generally prefer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Father's Left Hand
It depends. A Regular Scorpion will get 3 (4 with a charge) and Exarch will get 3(4 on a charge) with the claw or 4(5 in a charge) if he doesn't use the claw. The Reason they lose an attack while using the claw is that it's a power fist and as the Rulebook indicate 2 are needed for an attack bonus.
The exarch also only gets 3(4 on charge) if he has a biting blade.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2010, 13:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaharrr!!! (TGS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Father's Left Hand
It depends. A Regular Scorpion will get 3 (4 with a charge) and Exarch will get 3(4 on a charge) with the claw or 4(5 in a charge) if he doesn't use the claw. The Reason they lose an attack while using the claw is that it's a power fist and as the Rulebook indicate 2 are needed for an attack bonus.
The exarch also only gets 3(4 on charge) if he has a biting blade.
Forgot about that one.

But since he was asking about the claw I limited myself to it. Since the claw is equipped with a shuriken pistol, he can either go claw or sword/pistol combo in his attack.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2010, 13:52   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

To be precised...

1 (From the Striking Scorpion's stats) + 1 (From the SS's Mandiblaster) + 1 (From having 2 Close Combat Weapons; Scorpion Chainsword and Shuriken Pistol + 1 (From Charging a.k.a. Assault Bonus) = 4 Attacks from each Striking Scorpion who are charging a unit with no Defensive Grenades (which will nullify the Assault Bonus if they actually had one).
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2010, 21:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

AV 14 can be handled by a few things.... But be carefull of whats in them like 5-8 termies ... IF it is empty ill dump the fire dragons on it... If it is full ill sneek my Farseer in and throw my Spear (on jet bike)then sneek him away with the jetbike assult move. Or have a counter charge group (banshee's/Harlies) Once in a while Ill use a 3 man warlock squad on bikes.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 22:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Can swooping hawk kill a land raider using their grenades?
Old 25 Apr 2010, 22:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

In combat they could kill it with their haywire grenades.

But not with the grenade pack.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2010, 00:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

On my wraithglord, I have blight lance , and I m thinking what should I use for my second weapon, Star Cannon or Eldar Missile Launcher, I think Eldar Missile Launcher are better, because it has lower AP and Str.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 16:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

The Falcon, in my personal opinion, is a lot more versatile and better overall. The pulse laser/scatter laser combo is top notch. 6 high strength shots will deal reasonably well with a wide variety of light vehicles and can wound infantry relatively easily. They can also put a decent number of wounds on monstrous creatures, which is something that the fire prism really doesn't do all that well.

I think the best reason to go with a falcon as vs. a fire prism is that the falcon is a transport. You can put a small squad infantry into your falcon and scoot them across the table very very quickly. My personal favorites are a small unit of fire dragons as five of them should kill ANY 1 vehicle that is non-super heavy or a small unit of fire dragons so that the falcon then counts as a scoring unit. The speed of an Eldar transport is potentially game winning. Think of it this way, if you've got a small unit getting into a falcon they can move 6", deploy inside the transport and then the transport can move 12". In the following turn, the falcon can them move 24". Then in the following turn the unit can get out of the transport, move 6", run D6" and then assault 6". Depending on how well you roll that's a maximum of 60" of movement that you can get in 3 turns of movemeent. I did exactly this in a game on saturday. Both Eldrad and a small unit of howling banshees got into a transport, the transport then moved, next turn it moved flat out, next turn they hopped out, I rolled 6's for their run rolls and then they both assaulted seperat squads of Marines. Eldrad contested the objective while the banshees charged into an assault that was already in progress to help finish off a space marine honor guard.

I deployed from nearly 1 corner of the table all the way over to the complete opposite end. It was friggin' amazing.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote