Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar vs Blood Angels
Old 08 Apr 2010, 14:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu
Default Eldar vs Blood Angels

Hi all,

I am playing a game next week against Blood Angels - 1000 points, what would be some good units to take against them (besides the obvious (?) choice of Banshees).

The Blood Angels consist of:
Tactical Marines
Scouts
Chaplain
Librarian
Captain
Dreadnought
Terminators

Not sure on the numbers. Can anyone tell me some tricks that they will most likely use?

Thanks

- LordZanuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2010, 14:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Eldar vs Blood Angels

To sum it up I'll say fnp, fc, rerolling hits, jumppack army. Psionic 12" flying dreadnaughts that get more attacks when they wound.

I say avoid combat with the armour 13 dreads and use harles and banshees. Darkreapers isn't a bad ideal.

Thinking about it. Feel no pain kinda hurts the reapers marine killing. Use pathfinders with doom instead. I think going hand to hand against them would be interesting to see.
Old 08 Apr 2010, 14:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ok, thanks, I think I might include these units:

Pathfinders
Banshees
Farseer (Mind War, Doom)
A Couple of warlocks (maybe)
Wraithlord
Dark Reapers

Sound good?

Quote:
Old 08 Apr 2010, 14:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Based on what you've listed for his army, there's nothing really different about BAs. If the Dreadnought is a Furioso Librarian, just be aware that it has psychic powers and counts as a LD10 psychic hood. A Furioso Dred can also take a freaking nasty gun called a Frag Cannon, which is S6 AP- Rending, assault 2 template. So mind a drop podding Furioso on turn 1. He's fielding a lot of toys with a Capt, Librarian, Chaplain, and Terminators all in a 1000pt list. I'd just worry about the potential Furioso Librarian, avoid the rest, and kill his scoring units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZanuu
Pathfinders
Banshees
Farseer (Mind War, Doom)
Wraithlord
Dark Reapers
What are you doing for troops, just pathfinders? Do you have a Serpent for the Banshees or Warlocks? Reapers are always a good choice against Marines, but if he's got lots of Rhinos you don't seem to have much AT to open them up besides the Wraithlord and maybe Witchblades.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2010, 15:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis
Based on what you've listed for his army, there's nothing really different about BAs. If the Dreadnought is a Furioso Librarian, just be aware that it has psychic powers and counts as a LD10 psychic hood. A Furioso Dred can also take a freaking nasty gun called a Frag Cannon, which is S6 AP- Rending, assault 2 template. So mind a drop podding Furioso on turn 1. He's fielding a lot of toys with a Capt, Librarian, Chaplain, and Terminators all in a 1000pt list. I'd just worry about the potential Furioso Librarian, avoid the rest, and kill his scoring units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZanuu
Pathfinders
Banshees
Farseer (Mind War, Doom)
Wraithlord
Dark Reapers
What are you doing for troops, just pathfinders? Do you have a Serpent for the Banshees or Warlocks? Reapers are always a good choice against Marines, but if he's got lots of Rhinos you don't seem to have much AT to open them up besides the Wraithlord and maybe Witchblades.
It's basically the deathguard is the whole army now. If you had problems with one deathguard squad from before. Than you'll have problems with a whole army like that.

If he takes the bubble priest than mindwar would be a really good power to use as well.
Old 08 Apr 2010, 15:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I could try and wrestle in some DA's without having to cut anything else out, the Wraithlord will have to stay though, its my only real Anti-tank weapon

Quote:
Old 08 Apr 2010, 15:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Remember to hold in your mind that many things in the BA army doesn't have an inv. save, even some high level characters don't have them. Another thing to think about is that BA armies will be low on troops quite often. They can also hold a lot of meltas and Descent of Angels can screw you over well.

ALso the fact that their tanks are fast means you will have to hope for the first turn, and have a reliable way of destroying them.

Use weapons that negate fnp, use Ap1 and 2 as much as possible and banshees in combat, use their power weapons to negate fnp and attack first.

- Will
Old 08 Apr 2010, 15:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will of kaos
Remember to hold in your mind that many things in the BA army doesn't have an inv. save, even some high level characters don't have them. Another thing to think about is that BA armies will be low on troops quite often. They can also hold a lot of meltas and Descent of Angels can screw you over well.

ALso the fact that their tanks are fast means you will have to hope for the first turn, and have a reliable way of destroying them.

Use weapons that negate fnp, use Ap1 and 2 as much as possible and banshees in combat, use their power weapons to negate fnp and attack first.

- Will
Starcannons might actually be of some use. I'm still not a fan since the nurf. I mean I can see 3 shots down to 2. But a price increase on top if that. Not saying you should use this. Just saying it's an option.
Old 08 Apr 2010, 15:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

My Wraithlord has a Brightlance and a Starcannon, is that a good combination? I normally use it as a Terminator killer.

Quote:
Old 08 Apr 2010, 15:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

How would 3 warwalkers with 2 Scatterlasers each do? Its a huge number of good Strength shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote