Elati Craftworld
Old 08 Apr 2010, 01:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman
Default Elati Craftworld

Ask me about our Craftworld's devastating past again,
I swear on the Eye of Isha,
and the Wailing Doom of Khaine's Avatar,
that you will regret ever knowing the meaning of happiness.

THE EARLY BEGINNINGS

The Elati Craftworld's origins are two-fold. It began with another craftworld, small and dying. Some say it was Kher-ys, others say Kher-ys went after them. No records are known to be for sure. All that is known was that a great battle between Chaos and the unknown craftworld ensued.

During the battle, a group of Rangers took a blast of blazing Chaos flame that uncovered a pod-like vessel deep within the rock and ice. To the Rangers taking refuge, it was to their great surprise that a humanoid being emerged. It is believed that the being was humanoid in all respects, but as to the race is not fully clear. Some say Human, some say Old One. Others say Eldar. Some even say a crude experiment by the Imperium's Ordo Xenos as a Human-Eldar hybrid by a certain Inquisitor [see Xenology]. All known records conflict. The Rangers, not willing to take chances, decided that they must kill him lest he might give away their position. But something about the nature of this being brought on the curiosity that could only be mustered in a young Ranger.

At that moment, the great Avatar of Khaine walked across the trench, throwing his Wailing Doom sword into a Khorne Demon Prince before charging. The mighty combat shook the battlefield as both sides attempted to bring about their battle luster to urge on the hopeful winner. The Demon Prince, only wishing to spill blood with no honor, threw beasts at the Avatar to bring him down and level the odds.

And as the two were seemingly about to slay one another, they both stopped and looked with a fiery hatred at the being. With fingers outstretched, both commanded their armies to slay the being. The order to focus on this one seemingly weak and inferior creature seemed odd with a battle of high stakes at hand, for Chaos was urging to spill forth from the vortex created from the depths of the planet itself and the Eldar rushed to close it.

After the humanoid outstretched his hand and spoke a single sentence, both armies fell to the ground as an earthquake of continental magnitude shook. The Demons screamed in agony and pain, and retreated back to their dying vortex. Those that did not make it back bubbled into heaped piles of wasted filth, and evaporated to nothing. Within a few moments, the battle was over, and the Eldar had won.

But the battle was an odd victory, for the same fate fell upon the Avatar, who withered away to nothing just as the other demons did. The Eldar were divided about the matter and brought the being back to the Craftworld to decide his fate...

... or so the legend goes. Most believe that it is simply a metaphor of some of the events that occurred; others that it didn't happen at all, and still some don't even discuss the matter.

A seed was planted in those Eldar that day, and it wasn't long till word of his wisdom and faith spread. Handfuls of young Eldar, mostly Rangers and young Guardians, flocked to the holding place of this being to hear him. This alarmed the elder council who determined that he did not belong among the Eldar. At first, they planned on using him as a specialized anti-Demonic weapon, but it was now clear. His powerful anti-Demonic abilities did not justify or out-weigh his ability to destroy the Avatar or infect any number of Eldar into a new "cult". He was to be destroyed.

But the night of his doom, a troupe of Harlequins, with no explanation or reason, interfered, and with the help of the young followers, escaped the Craftworld and became raiders. As the being came into contact with other young Eldar pirates, more and more joined the ranks till a fleet of the Eldar existed in following this new cult. And where ever they went, the Harlequins were there, protecting and helping this new being, now dubbed, the "Executor".

THE UNION OF YOUNG AND OLD

It wasn't long till the band of young Eldar pirates met fragments of a dying craftworld. It was small, and much of the young population had been extinguished. To what fate befell them, the elders do not say, nor do they even mention the name of their craftworld. Constantly shrouded in deep mystery and strict codes. But it became clear, the young pirates needed guidance and more than a moon base to operate off of, and the elders of the craftworld needed the young to continue their traditions as military mercenaries.

So the two groups, only out of sheer necessity, formed the Elati Craftworld, under the condition that the Executor was allowed to stay and that their new cult could be practiced in peace. The Executor was used as a weapon or tool as any other race in his early beginnings, famous as a Demon-slayer. Eventually, he was also used in risky negotiations with the Imperium and other human factions, and eventually became a delegate of sorts and excellent military leader, doing the daring actions of desperation and heroic fervor that the Eldar lacked when not spurred in times of great war.

If the Eldar see battle as a symphony,
Then the Elati have mastered a solo piece,
Of every instrument.

THE MERCENARY CRAFTWORLD

The Elati Craftworld has since had a long tradition of trading technology, secrets, specialized training, and weapons for services of war. They have worked with almost every Craftworld in the galaxy. Their jetbike riders and grav vehicle pilots have raced with Saim-Hann. Their Farseers and Warlocks have trained with the psykers of Ulthwe. Their wraithbone constructs crafted by Iyenden, the Spiritseers having worked for Iyenden before. Their Rangers have scouted and hunted with the Pathfinders of Alaitoc. Their Aspect Warriors have served under the Exarchs of Biel-Tan.

Of these Craftworlds, the Biel-Tan mistrust them the most (after learning some of their darkest secrets in an act of betrayal), and their closest allies are the largely depleted Iyenden. The Elati frequently work in concert with other Craftworlds with some warriors under their command, or acting as completely independent forces, and sometimes even in joint-force operations in the same army. Indeed, it is a rare thing that the Elati Craftworld fight alone and with their own intentions. The craftiness of the Executor knows no bounds, tricking entire star systems into their will.

The Imperium's knowledge of the Elati is extremely limited, as the Elati often work so closely with other Craftworlds so often. When an Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos predicted an encounter with Iyenden, he expertly prepared his forces to face a slow-moving wave of wraithbone constructs. To his greatest surprise, he was flanked by dozens of fast-moving Jetbikes and Falcons, with many independent detachments of Aspect Warriors.

But to those who know them, it is either kept in deepest secret or expressed in the deepest hatred. There is rarely any middle ground for the Elati.

Why do we seek Sevurak's council?
No, it isn't because he is a powerful psyker,
No, not for his martial skills,
Nor is it his advanced years.
There is a mystic about him deeper,
Deeper than you can possibly imagine.

CHARACTERS OF THE ELATI
Farseer Sevurak
It is a strong rumor that the union of the two groups of Eldar, young and old, was no mere accident. It was planned and predicted by the Craftworld's wisest Farseer, Sevurak. He is a soft-spoken individual, who spends time in deep meditation and exercise of martial skill. He speaks little, but when he does, his words are noted and powerful. A single sentence can change the fate of the Craftworld, as few question his decisions. And despite his martial skills, he rarely goes to a battlefield, instead entrusting younger Farseers "of the same psychic potential" as he says, to do battle and become wise and strong.

And it was he who said that the young Eldar were to remain, and that the Executor was not to be harmed under any circumstances. When stories from the younger Eldar reached the ears of the council of Harlequins appearing frequently at their side in battle, it only strengthened their suspicions. But what can be done?

Sevurá
Daughter of Sevurak. Her amazing acrobatic skills brought her to Warrior Path, where she joined the Howling Banshees. She was one of the very few younger Eldar to live on the Craftworld, and to be young meant you were constantly in battle. Her psychic potential was met when she could predict enemy movements and plan of attack, and when she became one with the spirit stones of fallen Warlocks, her predictions and abilities refined. Since this discovery, Sevurá has pursued the path of a Warlock. But it seemed just as she began to master her psychic abilities, her skills again changed into a spy. She became an assassin for the Elati Craftworld, and traveled the galaxy, mastering her ability to mask her Eldar psyche and physique through drugs and psychic conditioning.

Sevurá continues pursuing skills as both a psyker and acrobatic warrior, unsure of her destiny or fate. But she was the first of the Elati Craftworld who began to trust the Executor. Their relationship eventually grew and it was Sevurá who helped exploit the Executor's secondary powers of wonder...

The Executor
The subject on the Executor is best left in scant detail. But his abilities as a Demon killer, master of strategy, and negotiator are not the only talents he has. When tapping into him like a psychic conduit, Sevurá triggered a phenomenon only described as teleportation. It isn't through the Warp like Warp Spiders, and he doesn't make a gate or expend enough psychic energy to channel anything through the Warp. Because of these properties of being physical and only done on impulse, they cannot be stopped by psychic counters or other crafty means of stopping his sudden arrival.

He had a cloak and pair of blades that he trained to teleport with him, snapping into a combat without warning or dodging the incoming blast of a missile. Indeed, this Executor is quite an extraordinary being of strange mysteries and talents...

Autarch Harusyi Adino
A devout follower of the Executor, this warrior quickly climbed the ranks of the young Eldar group. He serves as a bodyguard and advisor to the Executor. Harusyi's war host is a mixture of young warriors that are encouraged to work together and overcome enemies in tight-knit groups of long-range support groups and counter-assault forces. He remains as reserve and challenges the major threats to the war host, forgetting all rational thoughts and plunging into combat. He doesn't always come out victorious, but he always survives.

After taking in all of his near-death experiences, Harusyi Adino quietly steadies himself through the shock of his actions, and returns to his normal, quiet self. He is valued for his experience, even in some of his failures. The honor that exists between him and his host is a strong bond, and anything that threatens the other awakens a great beast of ferocious warriors. Harusyi fights, fights hard, and will continue to strive towards victory regardless of cost. As long as the enemy is severely punished for the losses of Eldar lives, they will be satisfied in swimming in the blood of their enemies.

I do not pick my warriors and their weapons and wargear based upon how well they work;
Nor how effective they are against tanks or infantry, nor how cunning they can get to the enemy.
I pick them to fit my symphony, to play a special song of death to my taste.
Death is a beautiful art, and my taste in art is long... patient... and suffering.

Autarch Lyseen Adino
Lyseen Adino is a cousin to Harusyi, and she couldn't be any more opposite from him. Unlike most of her young group, Lyseen hates the Executor. She leads an underground coupe to try and assassinate the Executor to "break his spellbinding hold". She has tried several times to assassinate the Executor, but each time her plans are foiled.

She works closely with her war band, the Poisonous Boa, working on the principles of this strange serpent. Before a battle, she picks a group of units to be her "poison". This is a weakening venom that works to undo the heart and soul of the enemy. Once this is done, the rest slowly squeeze the life out of their adversaries before they realize they are losing. By the time the enemy does know that their fate is doom, it is too late. What was once perceived to be a group of individually weak groups strangles the life from the enemy as a strong group, with Lyseen working closely with her fellow warriors to accomplish this. She will lay in wait until the moment to strike emerges, and then her forces attack with relentless efficiency.

For this is how the poisonous boa works. It slowly and effortlessly kills its prey, using venom to weaken their ability to struggle, and a constricting, coiled grasp to crush the breath of of them.

And in one desperate surprise attack, she tried to attack her own cousin's war host to surround and kill the Executor. But while both cousins were wounded, both escaped the bloodiest battle in Elati history, with the complete destruction of both sides in a battle of hatred and desperation, save a few stragglers loyal to the Executor who held the line when reinforcements arrived.

The fate of Lyseen is unknown. She disappeared and is believed to be exiled from the Craftworld as a mercenary pirate. Her ties to the Elati Craftworld plunge her and her small group into a lonely existence where even most of the other Eldar reject them. Some say that she has rejoined her place among the Dark Kin, where her thirst for the enemy's suffering can finally be fulfilled...

FUTURE FOR THE ELATI

Since the Executor was allowed to stay, the throne room in the center of the Elati Craftworld has remained a complete mystery. Has the shrine been removed or destroyed? Is there a shrine to replace him, of the mysterious "cross" symbol that the Executor has brought? Is it completely empty? Is the Avatar dormant forever until the day comes that he is awakened in the death of the Executor? None know. (Not even my cousin who made the Craftworld!)

What purpose does the Executor serve, and where does he come from? And why do the Harlequins work so closely with him? It is even more peculiar as to why the Eldar even bother allowing his existence, much less to live among them or even following his cult. But since the elders of the Elati see more good done than harm (so far), he has remained.

PAINT SCHEME OF THE ELATI WAR HOST

NOTE: Credit to my cousin, for these are his Craftworld, characters, and histories (except for the rebel Lyseen Adino).

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2010, 09:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Elati Craftworld

:sadnshocked: .. lol yea and now there are rumors that Exarchs are molesting guardians... and the executor needs you to drink his blood.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 09:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

I long to meet you in battle, brave young Autarch. All it takes is for one to see the dark kin in action for them to realize what it is like to hold true power!

Colonel - i am guessing this is for the Eldar campaign yes? It looks great, you have put much background into them (or your cousin) while all my historical/inventive side of me has invested in the Realm of Dissonance :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyster
:sadnshocked:
Fool! Ignorant fool! Even though not from the Commorragh his craftworld will be able to crush you under their fingernails. One should not raise eyebrows or ask questions, as one cannot contest true power.

Lord Zambia (In character :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2010, 10:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
I long to meet you in battle, brave young Autarch. All it takes is for one to see the dark kin in action for them to realize what it is like to hold true power!

Colonel - i am guessing this is for the Eldar campaign yes? It looks great, you have put much background into them (or your cousin) while all my historical/inventive side of me has invested in the Realm of Dissonance :P

Quote:
:sadnshocked:
Fool! Ignorant fool! Even though not from the Commorragh his craftworld will be able to crush you under their fingernails. One should not raise eyebrows or ask questions, as one cannot contest true power.

Lord Zambia (In character :P)
ummm yea.. well If you come to Alaska... Ill play you ... Biel-Tan will destroy the eldar HERETICS
Old 14 Apr 2010, 10:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Quote:
ummm yea.. well If you come to Alaska... Ill play you ... Biel-Tan will destroy the eldar HERETICS
Marksman's Heretics or mine :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2010, 11:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Marks.. but if you happen across AK ill play you too
Old 14 Apr 2010, 22:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:

This Craftworld ideal is older than the 3th Edition Codex. Let me explain it's real life history. Before we discovered Warhammer 40,000, we were big fans of the Star Craft universe. We wrote dozens of stories and played out scenarios almost like a LARP, but not quite (more like pretend play considering our young age and level of creativity). Back then, I became attached to Zerg and, denying my cousin to also be Zerg, he explored his pointy-eared heritage as an Elf and looked into Protoss.

And we stayed like that for awhile. He would develop various types of specialties (spam) and perfect them based upon the situation, and eventually it wouldn't matter who had what he could base his construction of units on an ideology and stick with it to the end and still win.

When I discovered Warhammer 40,000, the first question I asked my friend, "Are there any bug-like aliens?" He mentioned the Eldar but his noobish state of awareness completely forgot about Tyranids. And when I visited a gaming group "store", the Tyranids came out for 3rd Edition, about the time I started playing.

My cousin and I were hooked, I with Tyranids, and he with Eldar, and we played games from sunrise to... sunrise. We'd play 3-4 games every day for 2 weeks straight when we visited. I decided to use several different armies as everything seemed somewhat appealing (except Space Marines) and he continued using the Eldar.

He wanted a way to justify using different kinds of armies. He would go through these phases, by playing with a specific spam for several games until he realizes some horrible weakness he never foresaw and tried a completely new one.

So he developed the idea of a mercenary Craftworld that worked with the others so that he could use any specialty. He came up with some of the characters and ideals, but generally he can, by rule of fluff, pull out an Iyenden-based army list and the next day pull out a Saim-Hann army list and have them all under the same Craftworld.

He's still developing new army lists, each one very different from the last.

Quote:
Too bad, I was there just 2 years ago. Great place to visit, can't imagine living there. But in reality it is my cousin's Craftworld.

As for Biel-Tan destroying the Eldar heretics, I don't know. I'm sure they've duked it out before and I'm also sure that they've worked together before for the sake of the future.

If I told you who the Executor really was, you'd see reason to be worked up to destroy them. It's taken years of story writing, reading, and exercise to work out acceptable details, and I will say this: it is very complex.

Games in the Past Month:
Old 14 Apr 2010, 23:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to ollieb8

Sorry if I seem to be taking this off topic, but is the Executioner anything like the Dark Archon of the Protoss, because they is a link between the exile behaviour of the craftworld with that section of protoss society.

[hr]

It's very well written and clearly thought through, but as you said, it should be by now, and althought it slightly deviates from the canon (but not really) it is actually very believable. Seems like a very interesting section of the Eldar and, to be honest, I would like to hear more.
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2010, 02:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Sorry if I seem to be taking this off topic, but is the Executioner anything like the Dark Archon of the Protoss, because they is a link between the exile behaviour of the craftworld with that section of protoss society.

[hr]

It's very well written and clearly thought through, but as you said, it should be by now, and althought it slightly deviates from the canon (but not really) it is actually very believable. Seems like a very interesting section of the Eldar and, to be honest, I would like to hear more.

The information I posted is what my cousin would allow and what I would only personally allow from my cousin. And as a side note, and I really, honestly don't mean to be rude but, the secrets pretty much stop here. :shifty: So guess all you like.

But your first bit about the Executor being like the "Dark Archon" is somewhat correct, at least moving in the right direction. There's some influence from that realm but the secret needs to be pretty heavily guarded for the safety of the Elati. And not just to preserve the Eldar-Eldar relationship.

Though you can ask the Harlequins about it, they probably know what's going on.

Games in the Past Month: