Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1850 Harlequin List.
Closed Thread
Old 16 Jul 2005, 14:14   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default 1850 Harlequin List.

Please bear in mind I'm doing this from memory, but it should be exactly 1850...

List written using 3rd Edition List: http://www.eldaronline.com/rasmus/wh/e/rev.pdf

HQ:

GREAT HARLEQUIN: Shuriken Pistol with Bio-Explosive Ammo, Harlequin's Kiss, Power Blades, Haywire Grenades.

SPIRIT SEER: Shuriken Pistol with Bio-Explosive Ammo, Harlequin's Kiss, Power Blades, Haywire Grenades, four Familiars, Misdirection, Viel of Tears.

ELITES:

SOLITAIRE: Shuriken Pistol with Bio-Explosive Ammo, Rive Blades (Stormglove), Haywire Grenades.

MASTER MIME: Shuriken Pistol with Bio-Explosive Ammo, Rive Blades (Stormglove), Haywire Grenades.

THE DARK ACOLYTES:
9 Dark Eldar with Splinter Rifles.
1 Dark Edlar with Splinter Cannon.
Raider with Dark Lance.

TROOPS:

FIRST TROUPE:
Troupe Leader with Harlequin's Kiss, Powerblades.
2 Harlequins with Harlequin's Kiss.
7 Harlequins.
All have Haywire Grenades.

SECOND TROUPE:
2 Harlequins with Harlequin's Kiss.
7 Harlequins.

THIRD TROUPE:
2 Harlequins with Power Weapons.
7 Harlequins.

FAST ATTACK:
MOCKINGBIRD: Holofield and Shuriken Cannon.

HEAVY SUPPORT:
DEATH JESTERS: 3 Death Jesters with Bright Lance.

Total: 1850pts.

My usual opponents are Marines, Guard, Tyranids, Dark Eldar, Chaos and Orks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 16 Jul 2005, 14:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: 1850 Harlequin List.

Seems a nice list, although I always thought you were a Venom fan?.

Quite a lot of models in your army for a Harlequin force, that would be a great boost.

I'd perhaps try and get a few more Splinter Cannons in. Then your Raider can bounce around and fire off 16 Bolter shots and Dark Lance every turn and the squad would still be as effective in combat. This would allow you to thin out enemy squads which is essential with Harlequins so that you don't get swamped and have to suffer return attacks.

One more thing, why 1850 Points? I thought that was pretty much exclusively an American/Canadian points value for games.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 03:56   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: Commorragh... The place where your guts are welcomed.
Send a message via AIM to Fenix7729

mmmm im surprised. no D-Field in sight. im not being offensive but ive never seen that ever in the few years ive been playing 40K. thats pretty cool and brave of you. I might suggest that you do put D-Fields on your HQs and solitare. that thing will keep you alive in CC if you dont kill all in the first round or 2. (mine held up 10 space wolves for 3 turns before my solitare finally bit it) also, why the riveblave/stormglove on the solitare and master mime? youve got the harlequin kiss-power blades combo on your HQ's. ive always found the harlequin kiss and power blades combo is great. if you want to use the harlequin kiss then you get the +1 attack from just having the power blades but no power attack, or you can still get the +1 attack from the power blades and go with the power weapon (no kiss wounding) attacks. stormgloves never really grew on me and just kinda feel that their just an expensive power weapon but that just my opinion. i like how youre using the DE as allies too. cheap but still put quite a punch. i have one more question, do the troupe squads have nine people or seven each? list looks good. but what about speed? i know harlequins are a quick race but the max of 12" a turn might hurt you. venoms are good IF your field has level 3 terrain. if not, then your good where you are. very good list IMO.

Tau believe everybody is equal. That's why they all die the same.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 09:15   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix7729
mmmm im surprised.* no D-Field in sight.* im not being offensive but ive never seen that ever in the few years ive been playing 40K.* thats pretty cool and brave of you.* I might suggest that you do put D-Fields on your HQs and solitare.
Normally I do, but I want to try out new things. I have confidence enough in my Harlequins to survive (I don't need the D-Field if the guy isn't in base contact...).

Quote:
also, why the riveblave/stormglove on the solitare and master mime?
Read the Riveblade's rules. The ability to "instant kill" is very useful, as both of these are "assassin" models (eg: going after characters), and the odds of me fighting an enemy HQ that isn't in Power Armour or better is slim to none...

Quote:
do the troupe squads have nine people or seven each?
Squads of 10: 1 Troupe Leader, 2 with kiss or power weapon, 7 normal.

Quote:
list looks good. but what about speed?* i know harlequins are a quick race but the max of 12" a turn might hurt you.
I have confidence in my Harlequins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Closed Thread