Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Color schemes!
Old 01 Apr 2010, 03:50   #11 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Color schemes!

I have a Purple/Yellow/Black theme for my Craftworld. I have this bad habit where I start painting a unit and I almost finish it but then I start painting a different unit... However I'll take a few pictures of some of my WIP units and post them when I get a chance.

-Farseer Maechu of Ulthwe
loeldrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2010, 15:05   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

My colour scheme for my craftworld, is basically the colours for Warp Spiders, Red Gore and Bleached Bone, I find it quite effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2010, 15:22   #13 (permalink)
Ethereal

My old colour scheme was Ulthwe colours (Black with Bone as secondary) with gold trim (special/heavy weapons etc). Runes are generally red/blue/purple.
Old 02 Apr 2010, 03:01   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm just going to link this instead of putting images in.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,94571.0.html

I haven't painted eldar in a few years but i'm gearing up to do it. I initially wanted something bright but not entirely obnoxious. So I went for dark blue with a lot of bright color accents. Warlock purple being the main other color and gold and red for others. The rangers are done a little darker because i used a black base.

At first they were pirates but now this color is going to be my craftworld. I'm planning something else for pirates.
CelestialDragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2010, 11:01   #15 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

My colour scheme is primarily dark brown with bronze/gold metal and white details. It is an autumn/winter theme.. I intend to use woodland snow bases with it.

I might post some pics if I get around to it.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 04:30   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taldaneth
Craftworld Tri-Authren uses a primary of black with silver plates, bronze details/blades, red hair/fabric, and blue or green gem stones. My aspect shrines juggle similar schemes with minor differences. Here is a terrible picture of a few of my models. Sorry my camera is terrible.

If you had described this paint scheme without a picture, I would've called you stupid. But those look really neat.

Gold on Eldar isn't all that bad...

My cousin's first model after a few tests on some Guardians. I wish I could take a better picture of the inside, it's amazing detail. In general, enchanted(?) blue is the basic color, with gold and silver details (Boltgun metal instead of silver in this case from lack of available options). The main weapons of an Elati model is gold, with secondary weapons and infantry shuriken weapons black with silver tops. Stones, insignias, and text are supposed to be in red, but we haven't quite figured out exactly what to do in that sense.

Correction: stones on infantry are white. Stone upgrades (spirit stones) are red.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2010, 21:15   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman

If you had described this paint scheme without a picture, I would've called you stupid. But those look really neat.

Gold on Eldar isn't all that bad...

My cousin's first model after a few tests on some Guardians. I wish I could take a better picture of the inside, it's amazing detail. In general, enchanted(?) blue is the basic color, with gold and silver details (Boltgun metal instead of silver in this case from lack of available options). The main weapons of an Elati model is gold, with secondary weapons and infantry shuriken weapons black with silver tops. Stones, insignias, and text are supposed to be in red, but we haven't quite figured out exactly what to do in that sense.

Correction: stones on infantry are white. Stone upgrades (spirit stones) are red.
Haha, well thank you. Glad I could prove there was a method behind my madness.

In my opinion Metallics in general look great on eldar! Though I have run into people who believe Metallic Eldar are every bit as blasphemous as metallic nids.

I really like the blue and gold combo. I'd like to see what the infantry looks like, sure sounds like a solid scheme.

That or you could just punch them in the face while you shout "I am the father of cubes! Fear the wrath of the cubefather!".
Taldaneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2010, 21:50   #18 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taldaneth
Did I kill this topic? I was really interested in learning about my fellow TO Eldar peers color schemes.
Ha, no, I don't think so.

I'd post mine but I haven't actually done anything other than basecoat mine yet (no time :P) so yeah.

I'm thinking primarily white and blue because the major units of my army will be Dire Avengers and Shining Spears (both notable for blue/white color schemes).

But like I said, I haven't painted mine yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 16:31   #19 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Here's mine: http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3580/squadm.jpg

Basically a Biel-Tan scheme with purple instead of green. I'm not the greatest painter in the world, but I like the clean, elegant look.

EDIT: Oh, and I fully intend to go strictly GW-colours with the aspects (Scorpions, Avengers and Spiders so far). I think there are some wonderful "alternate" aspect colours out there, but tbh I find most of the ones that adhere to the DIY-craftworld colours a bit... naff. For me Eldar are all about bright colours, and a lot of an aspect's "personality" is in their unique colour scheme. No blue Scorpions or red Avengers for me!
Andy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2010, 00:45   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

This line is popularized in the Eldar books and on our own forum "Their arrogance is matched only by their firepower". It got me to thinking, and was right around the time that camo was discussed around a few boards. Basically, Eldar scofff camo for 2 reasons 1) Why bother, they apparently have a 6th sense that someone is nearby inherently, the farseer moreso obviously and 2) They WANT to be noticed, there is a certain pride in their craftworld, bascally they are arrogant.

From that I decided hey, what would spell arrogance to my opponents as my troops displayed such arrogance in the face of annihilation, mithral silver base with Burnished Gold and Shining Gold highlights. Spirit stones are the variations of red, blood red being the intermediate colour. Contrast was a real issue with these guys, basically reverting to black lowlights.

I WAS going to have my pathfinders do the same, but its a bit hard to rationalize stealth with a sparkling cape, so they have urban camo cloaks to hide their sparkling armour underneath, and opt for white helmets, not silver.

I am in the process (once the weather turns better) of 'ardcoating everything, giving it quite a reflection. If only I had a camera, I would post some pictures.