inc/ Mimic:
Power Weapon,
Haywire Grenades.

[size=12pt]Heavy Support[/size]

Venom: 55pts
Fusion Gun.

Total : 1002 Points.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

I played this list against 13th Company the a few days back and tore them apart. My BL DJ's took down a Bike with Melta each but were then shot down by a squad that the Rune Priest gated next to them.

One regular DJ went for a squad on my left flank, he shot a few down and killed one in combat before he was cut down.

My Mimes deployed in cover in the centre of the battlefield (6" deep inside the terrain so they couldn't be seen), planning on getting a first turn charge at a nearby squad. But the 13th Company used his free move at the start of the game to move them back, out of range. This left my Mimes stranded as I didn't want them walking out into a bolter wall. To counter this my GH and Troupe in the Venom headed for this squad (after a turn of the Venom hiding), as did my Solitaire. They both engaged the squad and wiped them out without losses, they then consolidated into the remaining biker in order to keep them safe from shooting.

The Priest failed a psychic test so I had a turn of just getting into good positions after finishing off the bike. The GH and Troupe mounted up again and the Solitaire went into the cover that the Mimes also occupied. As did my last DJ.

The Priest gated him and his squad at me again and shot down the Venom, killing a few Troupers. In my Turn my Solitaire, Mimes and DJ all shot and charged the squad, leaving the Priest alive (as he wasn't actually with the squad). The Priest then gated back towards his remaining squad in his turn.

I consolidated my position again and got everybody into cover. The Priest once again come back, bringing the remaining squad (Wolf Lord and Retinue) with him. They shot down a few of the Mimes in cover and the Priest took down the last DJ with his Plasma Pistol.

I charged in with everything I had, the GH killed the Wolf Lord with his Riveblades, the Troupe Leader killed the Priest with his Riveblades and the rest of my attacks killed all but the Wolf Sarg (who was out of the killzone). In his last turn of the game my Harlequins piled in and my GH cut down the Sarg with his Riveblades.

Result : Crushing Victory.
__________________________________________________ _________________________

I have included a report of the battle as an example of how I use Harlequins. So, any suggestions or ideas for the list?
Old 16 Jul 2005, 14:19   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Harlequins 1000 Points :

Looks a good list... but might I suggest you check out this page?

http://www.40konline.com/community/i...c,54897.0.html

I find their Harlequin list a lot better, although it's obviously not official...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 16 Jul 2005, 14:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Yeh, It's a nice revision and I'm sure most of the people I play against wouldn't mind.

Although I don't think there is anything from that list that I would use in such a small points game. I would probably include things at higher point value games though.

I can't decide on a name for my Harlequin force, my Harlequins are a deep blue with purple and gold detail.

I was trying to link the name with the colour scheme and the Harlequin way of war.

The Masque of the Frosted Thorn?(Thorn: Sharp and brittle. Frosted: fits the colour scheme) I really can't think of a decent one, any ideas?.

Old 16 Jul 2005, 15:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nice list, quite a lot of models for harlies, nice on ripping apart 13th company
Old 17 Jul 2005, 04:02   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: Commorragh... The place where your guts are welcomed.
Send a message via AIM to Fenix7729

nice list, but why didnt you take a shuriken pistol for the extra attack on your GH and solitare?
thats the only thing i was wondering. good list though. good to rip apart the puppies. so i take it you were using CJ 39 and 44? good job with that. nice to hear about harlequins.

Tau believe everybody is equal. That's why they all die the same.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 13:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Oh, they do have CC weapons and a Shuri.Pistol. I always forget to type them in.

Yes, I was using the CJ 39 and 44 list so that its official (to stop people complaining).