Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar Guardians
Old 11 Mar 2010, 05:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default Eldar Guardians

So eldar guardians count as artillery as described on pg 55?

Since they walk around with anti-grav platforms? Thus they'd follow all the rules for being shot at and having some of the shots allocated to the platforms?
Old 11 Mar 2010, 06:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Eldar Guardians

No, in the eldar codex it says that the platform"doesn't exist" to imagine that the guardians are carrying the weapon ;]
(three plus power armor will block all your shots but can i get over 1" of dangerous terrain...oops i rolled a one)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. cough cough anyone got a coughdrop?

shas,o,kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2010, 06:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

No. (agreeing with you though Narcissius)

IIRC the Heavy Weapons Teams (a Heavy Support Choice) do, but for the normal Guardians it just counts as one of the crewmen/women "carrying" it. You ignore the platform for basically everything except what gun it is, and that it's there. Even LoS and measuring for anything (their shooting, your shooting, CC ranges, everything). It's just a placeholder. And it looks pretty.

Also, this should probably be in the Eldar board.

edit: Ninja'd :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2010, 07:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

Mmmm but on the Artillery rules it specifically mentions anti-grav platforms and well thats exactly what the platform is.

Given that the codex was written prior t to the rule book it seems that this is exactly the type of unit they were referring to.

So when do artillery units apply? What other army uses anti-grav platforms artillery?

I see what you mean it says assume the model is carrying it but then what the heck is the anti-grav platform the rulebook is talking about? is my question
Old 11 Mar 2010, 08:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Codex rules > General Rules IIRC (ironically I think it's the general rulebook that says that...).

You need to borrow yourself a copy of the Eldar 'dex. Or you could check the FAQ, maybe there's something there.

Also, on an RAI basis, I highly doubt that they intended Guardian weapon platforms to be included in that because it would increase the lifespan of the unit by a decent amount. Very decent.

If I am wrong then I'm sorry for wasting your time and Guardians got a whole lot more survivable... and I'm gonna use them much more :funny:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2010, 15:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

There's really nothing to say about it, the codex is very clear that Guardians are infantry. And as Ellipsis and Narcissius have pointed out, the Guardian Heavy Weapon Platform rule means that for all intents and purposes the gun platform does not exist. Literally, it's only purpose is to be there to represent what gun the squad is equipped with.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2010, 16:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Stop trying to abuse the rules dude.

page 39, Eldar Codex, under Guardians, Guardian Heavy Weapons Platform, first sentence: " A heavy weapon mounted on a weapon platform counts as an assault weapon in all respects."

Very clear and simple.
Mandalorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2010, 17:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian
Stop trying to abuse the rules dude.

page 39, Eldar Codex, under Guardians, Guardian Heavy Weapons Platform, first sentence: " A heavy weapon mounted on a weapon platform counts as an assault weapon in all respects."

Very clear and simple.
I concur. The Codex is very clear that the actual platform is merely a marker, like an objective counter, and is actually irrelevant to the firing of the weapon - immediately discounting it from being "Artillery" as in fact it "does not exist."

This has been said several times now, unless there's anything else I'm going to lock this thread.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2010, 17:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

At what point exactly am i trying to abuse the rules?

Do I even play Eldar? NO. You people need to get that stick out from where the sun don't shine and answer a question without the assumption that someone is trying to abuse rules. I needed a clarification because to me it seemed like that's what the codex was referring to when the eldar are the ones known for their weapon platforms.

It's all good though someone was nice enough to PM me and point out that there's a D-cannon thing that is an anti-grav platform artillery that the eldar use which answers my question. So many thanks to him for not giving me an attitude in answering a simple question.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 17:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

You're talking about Support Weapons Batteries, Eldar Heavy Support Choices. These are Artillery. Eldar Guardians are not Artillery. Eldar Guardians are also not Support Weapons Batteries. I apologise for the confusion.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote