Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I Need Help? - Eldar Objective
Old 10 Mar 2010, 21:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Default I Need Help? - Eldar Objective

Well, for a GC I'm planning on attending, I've taken it upon myself to make an Objective for the Eldar players.

I've been given a full War Walker kit to use (minus once piece, put my guess is its insignificant). Trouble is, I'm not entirely sure what an Eldar would fight for, so I need a little help.
[hr]
My current plan, is to build a new pilot seat out of plasticard and GS, One leg broken off, and probably lying flat on the base, and the rest collapsed on the ground, in a way that makes it look useless (probably have a huge hole in it somewhere).

So what I need to know is this.
Exactly how far are Eldar willing to recapture a fallen War Walker? And How damaged would said War Walker be before they deem it useless?
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 21:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: I Need Help? - Eldar Objective

The War Walker is almost irrelevant.

The pilot's spirit stone, if the pilot is dead, is absolutely ****ing vital.

=)
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

GS up a small part of a stone, paint it up as a gem, have it on a base, then partially cover it with grass/snow/sand flocking and... tadaa :P
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
The War Walker is almost irrelevant.
Really?

Well, I guess I deserve this facepalm, as I haven't read any Eldar fluff evah
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Eldar care far more about the spirit stones than the weapons, armour, or vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

So then I'm going to have to keep the pilot in it then?

Well I guess that just means less work for me then really
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

The highest priority the Eldar have is the lives of other Eldar. They will sacrifice billions of humans to possibly save one Eldar in twenty years' time. The Eldar aren't exactly rolling in war materiel, but given the race's nature it is a hell of a lot easier to replace a War Walker than to replace the pilot. Plus if they're fighting someone who knows what the stone does, it becomes doubly important. They can't risk letting one of their own be devoured by Slaanesh, that's the whole reason the stones exist.

Eldar life is the number one concern. Eldar occasionally fight other Eldar, yes, but that is usually down to two separate Farseers seeing slightly different possibilities to the future, so each army believes that their course of action will save more lives, going some way to justify the Eldar they kill that day. I'd also wager that if say a Biel-Tan task force fights an Alaitoc task force and butchers them, the Biel-Tan would come back after doing what they need to do, gather up any Alaitoc spirit stones that were missed, and send them back off to Alaitoc with no hard feelings - and probably a sincere apology.

Unless it is totally mission specific (e.g. Capture this Chaotic artifact to prevent a Daemon summoning ritual which, if it comes to pass, will result in the deaths of many, many Eldar), no objective means more to the Eldar than the spirit stones of their fallen/their wounded.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Looks like I'll only need the War Walker main body, the pilot, and one gun to make this Objective work fluff wise.

I'll post up pictures in the Conversion board and link it here.

*picks up abnormally large x-acto knife*

"Time for your examination" >
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Considering how many times I had to correct myself writing that post, I'm wondering when I'm going to stop saying "The Eldar" and start simply saying "We."

You may call me Circus.