Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar of Tau Online
Old 05 Mar 2010, 08:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Eldar of Tau Online

I think, following my topic on creating a craftworld, now is a good time for those Eldar players of TO to stand up and be counted!

Come along, introduce yourself, say what Craftworld you play and how many points, how long you've been playing, anything you feel is relevant! Don't just gloss over this topic, because I'm going to use posts here as a means to gauge interest for something special I have planned just for you...
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 09:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Eldar of Tau Online

Eldar are my first Warhammer 40,00 army, and I started collecting them in 1995, back in the heady days of Second Edition. Heck, my Eldar are so old I actually fought with them in the defence of Ichar IV; yeah, that story about Hive Fleet Kraken was a worldwide campaign (the first one GW ever ran in fact) and my Eldar fought in it (before they retconned it that the Eldar didn't fight on the actual surface of the planet Ichar IV) ;D

I chose to collect Ulthwé at the time, as I enjoyed the background of Psykers backed up by hordes of civilian Guardians. Despite the 'enhancements' to the supposed Ulthwé playstyle, I still try and use masses of Guardians (which generally doesn't work too well, but what else am I supposed to do with my hundred or so Guardian models?) rather than go for a Seer Council on Jetbikes (Farseers are too old and dignified to go screaming about the skies, dammit!)

A little while ago, I picked a 6000 point army for an Apocalypse game, and still had plenty of other models available to use, so I reckon that I'd probably be able to field around 10,000 - 12,000 points of Eldar, with a bit extra in Apocalypse games (since you pay extra for certain Formations).
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 10:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I am a relative newbie when it comes to 40k, having only started collecting my Eldar army ~ 2 years ago.

I don't play any particular Craftworld, since I wanted to devise my own color scheme - Cool whites with blue details (Aspects are by the book).

I have ~ 2.5k of minis, and generally play a lists between 1250 and 1750.

The wraithguard and harlie mini's were my favourites from the onset, and both units are included in almost all of my lists. I like to think of my general list as a Bait n Smash army. The wraithguard being the bait, with everything else being used for smash! (Or wraithguard protection and objective grabbing).
Cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 11:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Well I'm relatively new to 40K having played only for a couple yeras. My first Army is Tau My second army is quasi-Eldar since it combines element of both the Dark Eldar and the Eldar under the same roof.

Basically it's all centered around Arhra and is mostly composed of Scorpions, Autarch, guardian and warwalker. I got about 1500 point worth of stuff for both Eldar and Dark Eldar (mostly Incubi, archon/dracon, warriors, mandrakes, raider, ravager and Scourge). The idea is to use the Twin detachment rules or ally rules to field element of both.

Tactic wise The Warriors and Storm Guardian are shuttle from the raiders, The ravagers, guardian plateforms and darklance warriors provide cover fire. The mandrake, and warwalker creeps forward to deal with isolated target while the scorpion infiltrates and the scourge deepstrike where needed. The Jetbiker will take advantage of the terrain to go tankhunting. The idea is to divide and conquer.

This should help.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 12:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

I started playing Eldar back in 2004, when I was 13. They were my first army and still my favorite. For a couple of years I just did scenarios with my brother where we teamed up against heroscape and mageknight figurines, though. I got hardcore into the game a couple years later when I really learned how to play and kick dyi.

I play my own craftworld, Ril'Okai. It's a craftworld that got lost in a warp-stream during the fall, and emerged 2 thousand years later on the far western fringe of the galaxy, where all our fluff takes place. Okai means 'forgotten' (made that one up cause there wasn't one) and Ril is shortened from Rilorioss, the main Eldrad-esqe farseer who leads my craftworld. (Name a combination of between Riley and stars-Orioss) If I had to compare it to one, it'd be Biel-Tan, but led by farseers like Ulthwe. My civilian troops are white, my aspects their respective colors, but I put gold onto everything. My grav-tanks are also pure gold. I have about 2,750 points.

I can't wait to see what you have planned!
Old 05 Mar 2010, 14:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Finally going to take over TO Circus?

Disclaimer, oh no this turned out to be a long post :-\

I've been moving small representations of warriors across a card table since 1994. Back them I played Lizardmen, and I still have them, plus a few more.... (nearly 10K points). In that time I also had a Dark Elf and Orc army, they are gone now. 2002 I got sick of winning with broken Lizardmen armies, and started up Tau, then Marines, Imperial Guard, Necrons, Tyranids, Eldar last. My Guard and Tau are totally gone, necrons all but a few. Marines have multiplied with my Tyranids, and I started Eldar just this year. Hey, can't get everything right the first time.

I play at 1000-1200 points, and by this point I am very picky of my units. I designed my Eldar by pure aesthetics (I find many aspect warriors to be visually nauseating); and no particular craftworld appealed to me. I thought my army MUST have a falcon, so it does; and must have as many farseers and warlocks as possible so I added them. One way to ramp up warlock count is to take guardians, which I also love. I am not big on the Eldar (or any fluff), and prefer to consider Guardians delightfully expendable, and humorously breakable. That being said I love the little guys, one of the only times I LAUGH when a battle cannon lands smack in the middle of a squad.

In that sense I assume my craftworld to be borderline oppressive dictatorship. I know several die-hard fluff-buffs will try and say this would never happen, and I don't care enough to argue, its good enough for me and those I play with (sometimes we call it creativity ). The farseers control the population (guardians), and have little concern for their well being, and are terribly arrogant and selfish. When I picture guide, its not inspiring the squad to do better, the Farseer takes over their collective consciousness so that they will actually hit. The only aspects I like/have are dire avengers, further supporting that the few guardians that make it are promoted, and given the honourable Falcon to ride into battle with, instead of the 'Bus' (Wave Serpent) or worse, walking. Warlocks who manage their guardians well are promoted to the seer council. There is also a fire prism and a war walker. Guardians who tire of oppression leave the craftworld to become pathfinders, and return with the promise of power for their superior services.

As of yet, no tank has been destroyed, and I have played these guys extensively. Similarly, this army has blown away my expectations, drawing once and flawless otherwise. The Guardians die in Droves, but when your entire army is guardians and dire avengers, losing 23-30 doesn't matter too much as long as they aren't fleeing. They definitely should never win, I really don't care if they do or don't, but the whole army seems to take on an arrogance of its own, uncaring if it loses some little guys so long as the day is won.
Old 05 Mar 2010, 16:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hi.. i've been playing Eldar for 3 years... they were my second army.. I'll write more later.

scar
Old 05 Mar 2010, 18:51   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Not a regular contributor, I lurk based on when I get some free time.

I've been playing eldar since about 95. Picked up a couple of the Jes Goodwin aspect warrior sculpts and found out that there was a game that went with them and it all went downhill from there.

Have not played in a while, little bit bummed about the status of the codex. I know it is not bad, it just grieves me to see everyone else getting toys that used to be ours alone. I'm just painting them at this point because I think that the current range of aspect warriors is a very nice complement to the original sculpts. When I was playing regularly it was with a Saim-Hann themed army done in darker reds

At this point I can field at least two of everything. Last time I made a list for it was the previous codex and I was able to put down 10k points.
rotnak1271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 19:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

My turn

My story's a little different. I started the hobby coming up on eleven years ago now, just before third edition came out, and the Eldar always appealed - I was elated to discover that they were in the third edition starter set, even if they were Dark...

So I started out with Dark Eldar and it was... okay. As time went on I learned more about the fluff (though it would take me years to mature into the fluff baron you see before you today, I at one point (a looong time ago, right before third ed came out, but still) thought that Ultramarines were the only canon Space Marine Chapter : maybe one day I'll post a list of all my glaring fluff mistakes from my youth for your amusement, if I can convince Wargamer to do the same...) I was attracted to the Harlequins, and in my long time in the hobby I spent most of it with my pure Harlequin army.

When fifth edition rolled around I began play with a very heavy shooty snipe-y Eldar force of a Craftworld that for some reason I never fluffed out, entirely Pathfinders and Dark Reapers excepting a Seer Council and a single squad of Harlequins (made out of my once proud army :'(), and it did pretty well. In terms of points, I don't actually have that much - maybe pushing 3.5k including my Revenant.

Following my new role as Eldar mod, I intend for my next 40k army to be "Chaos Eldar," using the list ideas I posted up a week or so ago. I've run the Eldar spectrum - Craftworld, Harlequins, Dark, even a small force of Exodites once - so it's time to break new ground

I'm glad to see such a swift response to this, so tell me Autarchs - do you like playing games?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 19:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

If it will restore Arhra's Honour, you can bet your Harlequin dyi that I do.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote