Chaos Eldar
Old 24 Feb 2010, 13:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Chaos Eldar

This is an Eldar Secret Project [9].

It will be posted when it's done [8].

All will be revealed then [7].

There are other ways they could escape [9].

Dark, secret ways that you know not [8].

The galaxy will despair [7].
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 14:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman
Default Re: Eldar Secret Project

Neat.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 17:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Eldar Secret Project

The Fall
It could be said that there are four 'breeds' of Eldar; the Exodites, the Craftworlders, the Dark Eldar and the Harlequins. The main ways of distinguishing these four breeds are via the methods they escaped the cataclysmic downfall of their race known as the Fall, the Birth of Slaanesh.

Long ago, longer than any human can possibly know, the Eldar Empire was a glorious sight to behold. Spanning the stars with no disease, discomfort or war, these aliens were at their peak. The very stars lived and died by their command, and no one could stand in their way. As a result of this state at the top of the galactic heap, unthreatened and not needing to adapt, the Eldar devolved to their basest desires. When no one had to work or struggle for any reward, the fulfilment of every deepest, darkest fantasy became the only thing to strive for every day. And once that fantasy had been realised, what then? The sloping spiral continued downward, dragging a once noble race into depravity.

The faction that would come to be called the Exodites realised this first, and fled their kinsmen's ways to return to nature. The Eldar had grown uncaring for the things they had once held so dear, and the so-called Exodites sought to redress the balance, leaving behind the home worlds and journeying to new planets to cultivate as their ancestors had done, thousands of millennia ago.

The spiral continued downward, and the Eldar who would be called Craftworlders were the second to leave. Constructing vast worldships (the "Craftworlds"), they embarked on a voyage to the stars. Rather than eschewing technology and luxury altogether, as their Exodite brethren had done, they chose to adhere to a system of Paths, to keep their minds on the straight and narrow and away from the hedonism that they were sure would doom their race.

When the Fall finally came, billions of Eldar died. Even those who had fled, either to planets or on the Craftworlds, were not entirely safe. The birth of the Prince of Excess, the Great Enemy of the Eldar, ravaged their minds and devoured their souls. The last two groups of the Eldar found other escapes; the Harlequins were saved personally by Cegorach, the Laughing God, he who could outwit She Who Thirsts, and the Dark Eldar retreated to the Webway, electing to keep Slaanesh sated with the souls of others.

For an Eldar, to have one's soul consumed by Slaanesh is a fate worse than any other.

There Are Other Enemies
As the Eldar continued their descent into ruin, and the Eye of Terror was born out of the screams of the violated, in their last moments some realised that they were not the only ones who viewed the Dark Prince as an enemy. There were others. Three others, to be exact, who could never truly align with the fourth of their number. By pledging themselves, a step away from the end, to the eldritch enemies of their greatest foe these Eldar thought lost in the Fall gained everlasting protection from She Who Thirsts.

Many died anyway. Their prayers to the Dark Gods went unanswered, and their souls spend an eternity of torment at the hands of the Great Enemy. But for some, miraculously, it worked. Fear of the unspeakable horrors they would suffer after death was enough to drive these Eldar into a most insane course of action, binding themselves to the three remaining Gods of Chaos, the Triad. Joining the dread legions of Chaos afforded them protection from their darkest adversary and power they had not known. Over the millennia these Eldar, already corrupted by the events building up to the Fall, grew to like their new status. The ability to commit horrors they previously could only imagine, and, like the Harlequins, no fear of their afterlife.

These beings are unspeakably evil. They cannot be bargained with, they cannot be stopped, and even the Dark Eldar fear them.

Slaves to Darkness
Below is the Chaos Eldar army list. Units are taken from Codex: Eldar and Codex: Chaos Daemons with a few modifications.

SPECIAL RULES
  • The Daemonic Assault rules no longer apply to units taken from Codex: Chaos Daemons. Instead, all units taken from that Codex gain the Deep Strike special rule.
  • Daemonic units may not utilise transports.
  • Under absolutely NO circumstances will Chaos Eldar EVER ally with another Chaos force that contains ANY Slaaneshi units. EVER. Got it?

Marks and Brands
  • The Mark of Khorne confers +1 Attack.
  • The Mark of Nurgle confers +1 Toughness (this is included for the purposes of instant death).
  • The Mark of Tzeentch confers +1 to Invulnerable Save (i.e. a save of 5+ becomes a save of 4+). If the unit has no Invulnerable Save, it gains one at 5+.
  • The Brand of Khorne confers the Furious Charge universal special rule.
  • The Brand of Nurgle confers the Feel No Pain universal special rule.
  • The Brand of Tzeentch confers the Eternal Warrior universal special rule.
  • Where both a Mark and a Brand are listed as an option for a unit, the Mark must be taken to enable the Brand to be taken. In addition, Marks and Brands may not conflict - i.e. a unit with the Mark of Khorne may only take the Brand of Khorne, not, for example, the Brand of Tzeentch.

HQ
Darkseer
  • See "Farseer" entry in Codex: Eldar.
  • [i]May take the Mark of Nurgle for 10pts, or the Mark of Tzeentch for 20pts.[i]
  • May take the Brand of Nurgle for 20pts, or the Brand of Tzeentch for 30pts.
  • In addition to the Psychic Powers listed in Codex Eldar, the Darkseer may purchase Daemonic Gaze, Breath of Chaos and Boon of Mutation as Psychic Powers (up to the maximum of four) for the points cost listed in the Daemon Prince entry in Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Warplock Retinue
  • See "Warlocks" entry in Codex: Eldar.
  • May take the Mark of Nurgle for 25pts for the unit, or the Mark of Tzeentch for 35pts for the unit.
  • Warplocks may take Breath of Chaos as a Warlock Power for the points cost listed in the Daemon Prince entry in Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Eldar Daemon Lord
  • See "Daemon Prince" entry in Codex: Chaos Daemons. The Daemon Lord may not take the Mark of Slaanesh.
  • May take the Brand of Khorne for 15pts, the Brand of Nurgle for 35pts, or the Brand of Tzeentch for 25pts.

Eldar Prince of Chaos
  • See "Autarch" entry in Codex: Eldar.
  • [i]May take the Mark of Khorne for 10pts, the Mark of Nurgle for 10pts, or the Mark of Tzeentch for 20pts.[i]
  • May take the Brand of Khorne for 20pts, the Brand of Nurgle for 20pts, or the Brand of Tzeentch for 30pts.
  • The Prince may not take Swooping Hawk Wings, a Banshee Mask, a Laser Lance, a Lasblaster or a Reaper Launcher.
  • SPECIAL RULE: Favourd by the Triad: While the Prince may only take one Brand and one Mark, they need not be of the same God.

Elites
Soulwarper
  • See "Wraithlord" entry in Codex: Eldar.
  • May take one of the following Brands:
    • Khorne at 25pts.
    • Nurgle at 50pts

Darkhearts
  • See "Striking Scorpions" entry in Codex: Eldar.
  • May take one of the following Marks:
    • Khorne at 25pts for the unit.
    • [i]Nurgle at 30pts for the unit.[i]
    • [i]Tzeentch at 20pts for the unit.[i]
    • [i]Khorne at 25pts for the unit.[i]

Bloodletters
  • See "Bloodletters" entry in Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Plaguebearers
  • See "Plaguebearers" entry in Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Troops
Unclaimed
  • See "Guardians" entry in Codex: Eldar. "Storm Guardian" Unclaimed are called Warclaimed.
    • Khorne at 15pts for the unit.
    • [i]Nurgle at 25pts for the unit.[i]
    • [i]Khorne at 20pts for the unit.[i]

Soulbound
  • See "Dire Avengers" entry in Codex: Eldar.
    • Khorne at 15pts for the unit.

Horrors
  • See "Horrors" entry in Codex: Chaos Daemons.
  • The Changeling is not an option.

Nurglings
  • See "Nurglings" entry in Codex: Chaos Daemons.
  • You may include one unit of Nurglings for every unit in your army with the Mark of Nurgle and two for every unit with the Brand of Nurgle. They use up no slots on the Force Organisation Chart. A unit with both the Mark and Brand of Nurgle enabes access to two units of Nurglings, not three.

Transport
Styx
  • See "Wave Serpent" entry in Codex: Eldar, +50pts.
  • SPECIAL RULE: Slaughter Rails:[i] Units disembarking a Styx may launch an assault in the same turn.

Fast Attack
Screamers
  • See "Screamers" entry in Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Void Drakes
  • See "Fire Dragons" entry in Codex: Eldar.
  • A Void Drake unit must be small enough to fit inside an Acheron, which it must purchase as a dedicated transport.
    • [i]Tzeentch at 25pts for the unit.[i]
    • [i]Nurgle at +30pts for the unit.[i]

Voidwinders
  • See "Warp Spiders" entry in Codex: Eldar.
    • [i]Tzeentch at 25pts for the unit.[i]
    • [i]Nurgle at +30pts for the unit.[i]

Violence Jetbikes
  • See "Guardian Jetbike Squadron" entry in Codex: Eldar
  • Must take the Mark and Brand of Khorne at 60pts for the pair for the unit.

Heavy Support
Bloodcrushers
  • See "Bloodcrushers" entry in Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Annihilation Battery
  • See "Support Weapon Battery" entry in Codex: Eldar.

Acheron
  • See "Falcon" entry in Codex: Eldar, +30pts.
  • SPECIAL RULE: Slaughter Rails:[i] Units disembarking an Acheron may launch an assault in the same turn.

Desolator
  • See "Fire Prism" entry in Codex: Eldar.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 17:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Chaos Eldar

Pure Heresy, but I love it [size=1pt]and here that I thought that my Arhra Enclave was pushing the envelope.[/size]

Nice combo and i love the NO Slanneesh rule.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 17:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Nobody's commenting. I think they all think I've gone batshit mental.

You may call me Circus.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 17:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ha, I love it, it's like epic in a jar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I've gone batshit mental.
That happened a long time ago. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 18:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think it's a great idea and I would probably try it out if I had any Eldar. I would be interested to see a Dark Eldar / Daemon hybrid as well since they already have a legitimate precedent for using daemons.
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 18:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schev
I would be interested to see a Dark Eldar / Daemon hybrid as well since they already have a legitimate precedent for using daemons.
No they don't.

You may call me Circus.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 19:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Um, Warp Beasts?

"If the Beastmaster is slain and the pack are forced to fall back, they will return to the warp, and are removed from play."

I'm not aware of any non-daemon entities residing in the warp?
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 19:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Warp Beasts aren't daemons as such. They're from the warp, yes, but they are not tied to Chaos in any way. There's an immensely vast difference between a warp beast and a nurgling, let alone a warp beast and a Greater Daemon. Would you call the Eldar Avatar precedent for them using Daemons?

You may call me Circus.