Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vs Necrons...help
Old 25 Jan 2010, 08:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death
Default Vs Necrons...help

I will be taking on a mate soon that is a necron player and i i want to hold the good name of the Eldar up

I think the warriors will be simple with some reaper fire and some Banshees but he likes destroyers and i don't have there dex so know there states...any ideas?
Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2010, 14:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Vs Necrons...help

They aren't that much tougher, and Dark Reapers out range them.

AP3 them into oblivion, wipe out there warriors, phase them out.

Unfortunately for the Necrons, they are pretty easy to handle.

That or you could just punch them in the face while you shout "I am the father of cubes! Fear the wrath of the cubefather!".
Taldaneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2010, 14:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

Reapers are death incarnate to necrons ;D

Also, if he takes a monolith, you're two best options are either a wraithlord or tankhunting fire dragons.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 15:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpspiderman
Reapers are death incarnate to necrons ;D

Also, if he takes a monolith, you're two best options are either a wraithlord or tankhunting fire dragons.
Or if you're mech, just ignore/range the Monolith the whole game .

My favorite units vs. 'crons are squadrons of starcannon walkers and multiple fireprisms. Watch him cry as you drop a str6 ap3 large blast on his lil warriors ;D.

Cheers!
-RS

[center] ~Children of the Storm Fluff~[center]
[center] ~Children of the Storm [1750 pts]~[center]
ShadowCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2010, 15:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

My main tip when fighting necrons, is to focus on a target and eliminate it before moving on. If you cannot wipe a squad out in one shooting phase, don't bother. AP3 and such is nice and all, but when they can just get back up, it hardly matters. If you wipe out whole units at a time, they wont get WBB, besides a couple of situations.

Destroyers and Immortals are the heavy hitters of a necron list, most of the time. If he has them, it may be worth it to eliminate them as they will put you in a world of hurt. Necrons don't care if you play a Mechanized army, as even their basic rifle can shake and stun your tanks making them useless. I fight an eldar player who used a couple of dire avenger squads in wave serpents and three fire prisims before. No more then one prism fired a turn (due to my gauss attacks).

Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2010, 16:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'd say the advise already given is sound, try to take out whole units where possible to try and avoid WBB rolls. Have your reapers focus on any Destroyers or Heavy Destroyers first, they're mobile with nasty firepower, but their low model count also makes it easy for you to nuke a squad and prevent their WBB rolls.If he is taking a monolith just ignore it and stay away as best you can. Unless you have a Wraithlord right nearby to go assault, it's very difficult to take down and not that hard to avoid.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2010, 16:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
My main tip when fighting necrons, is to focus on a target and eliminate it before moving on. If you cannot wipe a squad out in one shooting phase, don't bother. AP3 and such is nice and all, but when they can just get back up, it hardly matters. If you wipe out whole units at a time, they wont get WBB, besides a couple of situations.

Destroyers and Immortals are the heavy hitters of a necron list, most of the time. If he has them, it may be worth it to eliminate them as they will put you in a world of hurt. Necrons don't care if you play a Mechanized army, as even their basic rifle can shake and stun your tanks making them useless. I fight an eldar player who used a couple of dire avenger squads in wave serpents and three fire prisims before. No more then one prism fired a turn (due to my gauss attacks).
All very sound advice, but aside from destroyers a good mech player won't let your other gauss weapons touch his tanks . Take out anything fast first and waltz around his slow moving troops with ease IMO.

Cheers!
-RS

[center] ~Children of the Storm Fluff~[center]
[center] ~Children of the Storm [1750 pts]~[center]
ShadowCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2010, 01:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via Yahoo to uriel

My best tip is if you are a mech eldar player target anything that can match your speed (destroyers, heavy destroyers, wraiths, scarabs) as these will match you in speed once these units are eliminated the necrons becom very slow and you can dictate where you want to fight. My only other concern would be the lord that can DS with immortals as this unit can be difficult to hide from let alone deal with at times.

uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2010, 04:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Necron weaknesses;
1. Phase Out
2. Range
3. Points Cost
4. Combat

Strengths;
1. Gauss
2. WBB
3. MEQ

Use Close combat units like banshees to rip apart big squads of warriors, reapers/missile walkers/prisms to deal with warriors, and doom to do more damage in assault with weaker CC options (avengers with combat exarch, storm guardians, boost banshees).

Try to ignore monoliths, dragons aren't great against them (living metal) if you must fire at it, wraithguard, d-cannons, haywire grenades and linked prisms are the way to go.
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2010, 11:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death

I will be taking troops only...I dont have any amour. Storms, defenders, Dires, Banshees, reapers 2x farseers(doom, guide)

He may take a monolith. I have taken him on a few times but only with my SM
Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote