Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tactica- New Nids
Old 11 Jan 2010, 08:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Tactica- New Nids

I've seen the new dex, and can I just say, Eldar are going to have a ball! These are the things I know and will say;

1. Synapse doesn't make things immune to instant death!
2. Monstrous Creatures are going to be more common. (HQ, HEAVY, FAST AND TROOPS)
3. Tervigons produce more scoring units.

Why do I say Eldar are going to have a ball? Eldar can bring to the field some of the best ranged weaponry. We have so many multi-shot decent strength weaponry.

Units that will make huge differences

1. Doom-Fortune Seer with Runes of Warding/Eldrad. Many of the nastier abilities are psychic, so shut em down with runes. Doom will allow more wounding, which will help huge. Fortune adds a bit of defense for our units, cause nid shooting is plentiful!

2. Wraithguard! You wouldn't think it, but combined with the fortune/doomseer combo and with enhance, these guys will rip through infantry in combat, and kill an MC or two with shooting. Doom allows you to re-roll to wound rolls, not just failed. So if the enemy has 3 fexes in front of you, 10 wraithguard should hit Approx. 7 times, wound 6 (one instant death) re-roll anything that isn't a 6, get another 6 and about 5 2's. 3 Dead fexes anyone? Plus its a tough as nails scoring unit that can re-roll armour saves.

3. D-Cannons. a Majority of tyranid power is in high toughness units that need to be close to kill. Well area denial is easy with the Dcannon. Squad of warriors too close? cause instant death to heaps with a few blast markers. Add doom for taste!

4. Warlock Councils. 1 Enhance, 1 Embolden, 8 Destructors, Doom, Fortune. One of the toughest units in the game, that can put out a hell of a lot of fire. 8 heavy Flamers that re-roll to wound, hit basic troops/fexes on 3's, wounding on 2's and re-rolling 4+ inv. Add yriel for armour penetration power!

5. Dark reapers. tervigons are the new black (MC troop choice that makes more troops) Dark reapers should rip 1 of these aparat a turn. Exarch should be equipped with EML fast shot combo for greatest effect. Combine with doom to really show them who is boss! 6 of the squad members should hit, wounding on 5+, 2 wounds, with doom another 1. Exarch hits Twice, wounds twice. (Unless the dice gods think you are me)

Units that will be powerful

1. EML warwalkers. 6 Missiles or 6 Blasts a turn.... Dead warriors anyone? Plus their range is very helpful, combined with guide they can tear aparat infantry and MCS.

2. Dire Avengers. Guide, doom and fortune makes these guys great at hunting. I like the power weapon, shimmer shield, bladestorm and defend combo. When these guys are fortuned, they last ages in CC (Great tarpit unit) guided they do fantastic shooting, and doom allows you to put out damage.

3. Harlequins. Hit and run, meaning you can weaken squads before shooting, rending and veil.... Enough said. Add a deathjester for some extra shooting if you want too...

4. Rangers. With doom they can put some hurt on MCS. Pathfinders even better.

5. Warp Spiders. Full squad, who doesn't love 22 S6 shots a turn?

6. Wave Serpent. Unfortunately for the nids, other than CC their best anti-tank is still warp blast. Its improved, but only slightly against the serpent. It sill only counts as S8, and they have to pass a psychic test to use it (good luck with runes of warding!) They are more likely to destroy a landraider than a wave serpent!

7. Fire Dragons. Enough Melta kills anything realy.... next!

8. Shining Spears. Theyc an put out enough shooting to dint Troop units, and charging MCS is a lot of fun. Don't send them in alone though...

9. Fire prism. An extremely flexible tank, can do MCS or troops in a pinch. Great against warriors...

Well those are the units I believe are the strongest choices. Scorpions, Jetbikes and Banshees get a special mention, because they can do pretty well with the right support. Hope you enjoyed.... C&C most welcome.
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2010, 10:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Tactica- New Nids

Sounds exciting! Looks like my Nid playing buddy is going to hate my Reapers more than he already does. ;D

That or you could just punch them in the face while you shout "I am the father of cubes! Fear the wrath of the cubefather!".
Taldaneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2010, 11:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to DarkKnightCuron Send a message via MSN to DarkKnightCuron

The only problem I see with this is your Psychic Abilities: The Tyrannids now have units that reduce your leadership when testing for Psychic abilities, so that's going to hurt, a lot!
Old 11 Jan 2010, 12:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

I play Eldar, and this does all seem very exciting. Thanks!

Also, plastic wraithguard coming out this year. Definitely going to pick up at least 10 of the guys. ;D
Can't wait to hear the rest of your overview.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 12:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpspiderman
plastic wraithguard coming out this year.
About damn time.

That or you could just punch them in the face while you shout "I am the father of cubes! Fear the wrath of the cubefather!".
Taldaneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2010, 04:26   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Plastic WG; we know this for sure?
Prophecy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2010, 05:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've heard it from tons of people from totally different areas of my state. My LGS owner also confirmed it (if he has any better idea :P) Buy yeah, wraithguard! I have no idea when this year, though. Hopefully not too far into the Nids release
Old 12 Jan 2010, 08:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

:sadnshocked: I was hoping the new Tyranid Codex could be my new greatest weapon against my cousin. :'(

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2010, 13:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
:sadnshocked: I was hoping the new Tyranid Codex could be my new greatest weapon against my cousin. :'(
Just because Eldar have some advantages over Nids, you're not screwed with the new codex. Every faction has an advantage over every faction. If you know what you're going up against, you can prepare for anything. You'll still have a good edge over your Eldar couz.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 18:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Two people in my gaming group play nids, and you've covered pretty much all the strategies I was considering myself. I'm really excited about fielding my Reapers again, and I've never used the EML Fast Shot combo before, but against TMC's it looks like a right killer. The blast templates can also do some hefty damage against swarms too.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote