Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

First Try at Eldar (Update: 1000 Points List)
Closed Thread
Old 07 Jul 2005, 01:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default First Try at Eldar (Update: 1000 Points List)

HQ:
Farseer
Shuriken Pistol
Witchblade
Fortune
Mind War
Ghosthelm

Warlock
Shuriken Pistol
Witchblade
Conceal

Warlock
Shuriken Pistol
Witchblade
Conceal

Troops:
Guardians (14)

Guardians (14)

Kroot (16)
Shaper

Fast Attack:
Vypers (2)
Missile Launchers (2)
CTM (2)

Heavy Support:
Falcon
Starcannon
Shuriken Cannon
Holo-Field
Spirit Stone

Total: 999
Old 07 Jul 2005, 02:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: First Try at Eldar

i'm half asleep at the moment, i'll get back to you when i'm fully awake.. off the top of my head however, i'd say drop the jetbikes and throw the points into another vyper.. i'm also not sure which craftworld you're attempting to represent..

.. however..

i'm not a fan of crossing over codex's.. firstly, you couldn't utilise the list in a tournament.. and secondly, you need the permission of whomever you go up against - they could quite happily refuse the list, forcing you to create another on the fly.

i'd suggest making a second list, without any illegal units (aka, kroot) within it and placing that up for scrutinization too. that way, if your first is rebuked by your opponent, you'll have something to fall back upon.

i'm sure the others will have much more insightful opinions than i -.^x

- sin

i make my own sigs! want one, then ask nicely ^^
Old 07 Jul 2005, 02:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

The Kroot arn't illigal units, they're Kroot mercs and legal under chapter approved. As for craftworlds, I'm just playing vanilla. I might have taken a second Vyper, thats a good tip, but I'm just utilising what I can get in a battleforce (very cost efficient, $40 savings or so).
Old 08 Jul 2005, 19:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Rain Send a message via MSN to Rain

Kroot are pointless.* Stormies are better.* Throw them in a falcon or wave serpent with Flamers and you've got a hit-n-run flame game goin on.* Jetbikes aren't that great also.* Remove the banshees, if you must, go for either Scorps or Dragons.* I'd also take out the Wraithguard since you can afford a Wraithlord for them. Take more guardians and give them platforms.

He doesn't mourn, he doesn't cry
All he does from Dusk till Dawn
Is make the angels die
Old 10 Jul 2005, 20:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Personally I agree about the kroot. I don't like crossing from one codex to another. Besides that, the list seems pretty solid. The wraithguard are a great unit, but they usually draw a lot of fire, are expensive (poinwise and moneywise) and are very difficult to use (due to short range). I would replace them with platforms for your guardians (try the starcannon and brightlance) as well as more guardians in the squads. Because you can use two more warlocks, you could attach one to each guardian squad (try the psychic powers conceal or embolden).

Also don't post the individual points cost for the weapons and other wargear just to avoid copywrite infringements.
Old 10 Jul 2005, 20:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Thanks for the advice... for now I'm stuck with the Kroot since I went and bought them already, fortunatly they are legal mercs so I won't have problems fielding them. I decided to drop the jetbikes for more Guardians. Also, couple notes: The guardians already have attached Warlocks, and the Wraithguard are getting into close range (assuming I get them at all) via the wave serpent.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 10:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer
Default Re: First Try at Eldar (Update: 1000 Points List)

I like this list. However can you put it fully up on your first post - with the guardian warlocks and the wraithguard and the wave serpent.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 12:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Gha, that list is saved on my laptop... I'll do it later today.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 23:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I really, really like that list how it is now.

'Kroot are pointless. Stormies are better.'

Kroot are better at range, in combat, in heavy terrain. I think the Kroot are a great addition to this force, they and your Guardians will work great together. Both can advance, the Guardians can unload with Shurican Catapults and then charge. Which is where the Kroot come in, to boost the combat prowess. Or if against a really powerful combat army they can provide some nice long-range fire from in some cover and then support your troops in combat if the enemy reach you.

Due to your lack of support platforms with BL's or SC's your Vypers are perfectly equipped with a versatile weapon.

All in all a very nice, aggressive Eldar force. Keep it how it is.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 23:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Thanks for the complementary critique, it's good to know that my force can capably do what it is intended for in my fluff - hit hard and fast, with the Kroot complementing the Eldar... Hey, I'm not paying them to sit on their pointy arses.
Closed Thread