Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

two fluff questions about...Rhana Dandra and why the craftworlds
Old 30 Nov 2009, 12:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death
Default two fluff questions about...Rhana Dandra and why the craftworlds

Now i cant find near to any fluff with the net/4th dex about Rhana Dandra so im wondering what people know.

Also why dont Eldar just hide in the webway like Dark Eldar do, then no-one can hurt them till they repopulate.
Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2009, 13:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: two fluff questions about...Rhana Dandra and why the craftworlds

The Rhana Dandra is the Eldar myth of the end times. All the Phoenix Lords, and Cegorrach and Khaine will come together in a final battle against Slaanesh, and the resultant casualties will empower the Eldar Ghost God (I forget the name and I don't have my Codex handy) who finally be more powerful than Slaanesh. It's the Eldar version of the norse 'Ragnarok' or the xtian 'Revelations' kind of story. It's in the Codex under the Fuegan description. He evidently is the last-man-standing in the final battle. The spirit-of-all-the-dead-Eldar god is in a separate little side fluff thingy. Sorry no Codex I can't give you page numbers.

I look at it as a sacrificial Jesus - style myth too... they all die for the sins of their race, thereby making good on the debt they owe for the sins. They made Slaanesh, and when they all die, it will unmake the mess they made.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2009, 13:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

But unlike Ragnarok, they are not 100% sure of the outcome.

1 Phoenix Lord is said to die by name (can't recall which one) and Arhra's role in it is currently a toss up.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2009, 14:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

In the dex it says all the phoenix lords will die, and whos Cegorrach, i have never heard of him
Old 30 Nov 2009, 14:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

The Harlequin God

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2009, 15:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Ulthwé
In the dex it says all the phoenix lords will die, and whos Cegorrach, i have never heard of him
Call yourself an Eldar fan...

Cegorach is the Laughing God.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2009, 15:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I've always referred to him as the laughing god, not by name...Where even are the Eldar gods lol, like the Chaos ones are in the warp because the warp isnt a physical place but is that where Cegorach is to?
Old 30 Nov 2009, 15:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
I've always referred to him as the laughing god, not by name...Where even are the Eldar gods lol, like the Chaos ones are in the warp because the warp isnt a physical place but is that where Cegorach is to?
Asuryan, Kurnous, all the old Eldar Gods were murdered by Slaanesh when s/he was born. Isha was kidnapped by Nurgle to save her from Slaanesh, apparently, and is locked up in his domain. Khaine was splintered fighting Slaanesh and a piece of him rests in every Craftworld, that's how they summon the Avatar in battle. Cegorach fought Slaanesh for a bit than ran off, and is at large in the webway.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2009, 15:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
He hides from Slaanesh. All the other Eldar gods are dead, except for Khaine who is shattered into shards that are invoked as 'Avatars'. Slaanesh ate them all. The Eldar still tell stories of their old gods, but Vaul and Isha and Asuryan so on are all a 'dead' pantheon. The Eldar actually believe their gods are dead, with the exceptions of Khaine and Cegorrach. Khaine survived the fall because of his relentless fury refusing to die, but instead being trapped in the material realm in thousands of shards. He does not exist in the warp like chaos gods. He exists in the hearts of craftworlds. Cegorrach on the other hand, survived by trickery and stealth, laughing at the lurching crazyness of slaanesh as he fled. That's why he is called 'the Laughing God', right? He is the lord of the Harlequins, and lives in the webway... which is not like living in the Warp... it's like a subdimension of the warp that only the Harlequins know all that paths through. This explains your previous question about Commoragh being hidden. The Harlequins know where they are, but they don't give out ANY information about the webway, they are its keepers. Only one Imperial inquisitor was ever allowed in there for a very specific research that was crucial to both the imperium and the eldar race that he could have access to. Other than that, the webway secrets are harlequins to keep and guard.

Eldar gods are not 'daemons'. The difference being that one is a being created by psykic belief, an embodiment of the energy of extreme beliefs coalescing in the warp, thus creating 'Khorne' as an actuality because enough people shed blood, for instance... or Slaanesh becoming real as an embodiment of all the excesses of the ancient Eldar. The old Eldar gods are more like the way we see Greek mythology. They aren't there, everyone knows they aren't there. But people still tell their stories for the sake of the ancient wisdom they represent. The only Eldar gods left are alive because they are Daemons, not myths. The Avatar is brought about by the collective will of a seer council and a sacred statue they believe in. The Laughing god is non-existant except in stories to all but the Harlequins, and they guard their secrets well.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2009, 15:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

see this is why i played Marines, Fluff is simple lol, tho boring. Gods have never made much sence to me because they are real but not in 40k, How they gods if they can die, seems to me they are just really powerful things like C'tans that Eldar just go, wow they are really cool we should listen to it and so on till they become thought of as gods, kinda like the emperor was. Thats just what i have thought, Dex only tells for the gods deaths and so on, not how they come to be in detail