Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Banshee help
Old 25 Nov 2009, 11:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death
Default Banshee help

Im wondering how to deploy theses woman of wrath, I love there rules and plan to use at least a squad in my games, But im dont know how to deploy them, I tried them for the first time yesterday and charged some Genestealers and got owned, the dice gods did not like me and i only hit 4 times -_-....But yeah i sent them on foot, being nids i wouldnt expect much shooting, But on the weekend we are having a big game and it my first time playing Eldar with a large number of friends and ive been trying to tell them there good.

I thought maybe waveserpent, but then they have to take a round of being shot at, that dosnt seem good for a 4+

Simply put how should i deploy them (Agianst possably, Nids, SM, CMS, TAU, Necrons)
Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2009, 11:16   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Banshee help

I'm no Eldar player but I've seen this kind of delivery and it's kinda annoying:
In your Turn:
1) Howling Banshees in Wave Serpent/Falcon
2) Fortune the Transport by Farseer
3) Move Flat Out towards intended target
In your Opponent's Turn:
4) Shrug away Glancing/Penetrating Hits with re-roll-able 4+ Cover Save
In your Turn:
5) Howling Banshees disembark from Transport
6) Move 6"
7) Run D6"
8) Assault 6"
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2009, 11:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I didnt think you could jump out a transport and assult in the same turn...
Old 25 Nov 2009, 13:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Ulthwé
I didnt think you could jump out a transport and assult in the same turn...
If the transport is stationary, absolutely. Also Zenai didn't expressly mention it, but you get 2" to deploy out of the transport, giving you a 13-20'' total charge range. As for Banshees vs. Nids, it's really not their strong suit. Bashees excel at taking out smaller units of MEQ and TEQ models, though against genestealers might not be a bad matchup for them if the genestealers are doomed.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2009, 13:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

YEah i guess found the rules about it, page 66. and yeah i thought genesteals would be good, and they where dooms, i just didnt hit, me being WS4 and them WS6 -_-
Old 25 Nov 2009, 14:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
YEah i guess found the rules about it, page 66. and yeah i thought genesteals would be good, and they where dooms, i just didnt hit, me being WS4 and them WS6 -_-
You're still hitting on 4's in that case, and striking at I10 for the first round-- did you just have really bad rolls?
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Old 25 Nov 2009, 15:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deris87
If the transport is stationary, absolutely. Also Zenai didn't expressly mention it, but you get 2" to deploy out of the transport, giving you a 13-20'' total charge range. As for Banshees vs. Nids, it's really not their strong suit. Bashees excel at taking out smaller units of MEQ and TEQ models, though against genestealers might not be a bad matchup for them if the genestealers are doomed.
One more thing. Pivoting in place doesn't count as moving. So rotate 180 degrees, jump out 2" then go.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2009, 15:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Quote:
You're still hitting on 4's in that case, and striking at I10 for the first round-- did you just have really bad rolls?
Yes, very bad rolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midhir
Quote:
One more thing. Pivoting in place doesn't count as moving. So rotate 180 degrees, jump out 2" then go.
I believe it saying in the rule book that pivoting does count for disembarking
Old 25 Nov 2009, 15:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Also on another point, if i was to take Jain Zar could she start off with the Banshees in a wave serpent, or would i lose a turn and have to place her in it?
Old 25 Nov 2009, 16:05   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midhir
For shooting it doesn't, for disembarking it does.