Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar alliances (My take on it all)
Old 11 Nov 2009, 09:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death
Default Eldar alliances (My take on it all)

Well i was reading a topic about tau teaming up with certain armys, and i thought to myself that I play by fluff a lot and that Eldar are the most versitial when it comes to allying with other races. So heres my take on it (well for at least Ulthwe):

Chaos Space Marines

Well for theses guys i wouldn't really know. The only thing I can think of is that the farseers of Ulthwe can see that in the future Chaos does something to further Eldar or hurt a foe or fight with someone thats on the way to hurt Eldar, Either way...They ally with Chaos in this fight, and Chaos not being morons think they are using the Eldar and plan to betray Eldar after the fight is won but the Eldar vanish into the warp.

Dark Eldar

I know NOTHING on this race, none of my mates play them so yeah, But i wouldnt think Eldar would ever ally with them.

Necrons

Once again i cant see away they would join forces at all, is it positional to control Necrons? i don't know

Orks

Well that ones easy, it would follow really close to Chaos except Orks are retarded and if they arnt lead by a war boss then Eldar could even easier manipulate them, or even control the war boss' mind with a seer?

Space Marines

Well they could just be joining to fight a common enemy, its not rare for this to happen, Eldar seem to be the most liked race of all the xenos, well least hated i should say.

Tau

I don't even know if these guys have meet but I could see them joining for a long time easly, Tau just want peace and Eldar want to survive. And they are both very smart races.

Imperial Guard

Scared and alone theirs guys will do anything, so not hard to see them fighting for Eldar.

Tyranids

Considering they are controlled by psychic powers from the hive tyrant its not a far stretch to imagine a device like the ZMP off starcraft, I device that lets of Psychic enagy making it easy to control them, or maybe a powerful seer that is doing the same thing the Hive tyrant is doing

Any thoughts on this fluff? anything people would like to add? Anything i got wrong?

Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2009, 10:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Eldar alliances (My take on it all)

CSM, no. reasons: The eldar are constantly fighting Chaos. While it might not be their goal, remember that there is a chaos god out to eat their souls. Also, while they could manipulate chaos into doing certain things, I highly doubt that they would be on the same field.

Dark eldar: no.

Necrons: no, as this is one of the eldar major enemies. Coming back from ages ago, the necrons and the eldar don't have a pretty relationship. Also, there isn't a way to control necrons, simply because they aren't really 'robots'. They have AI, and cool other robotic like functions, but at the core, they are an actual sentient being, just locked away in AI logic rules.

Orks, Possible manipulation. Eldar could fight along side, but only if da orks thought it would make a better fight fighting with them, instead of against them.

SM, possible.

Tau, possible manipulation.

IG possible

Tyranids. No. of course, at some point maybe, but its not actually warp powers that work synapse as far as I know. In fact, the hive mind creates a shadow in the warp, ie: pyskers struggle to use their powers.

Darth_Riah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2009, 10:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Riah
CSM, no. reasons: The eldar are constantly fighting Chaos. While it might not be their goal, remember that there is a chaos god out to eat their souls. Also, while they could manipulate chaos into doing certain things, I highly doubt that they would be on the same field.
I cant see why they both wouldnt work together thinking that working together would end in there survival and the chance to kill each other, and the only god that wants there souls is Slanash

Quote:
Necrons: no, as this is one of the eldar major enemies. Coming back from ages ago, the necrons and the eldar don't have a pretty relationship. Also, there isn't a way to control necrons, simply because they aren't really 'robots'. They have AI, and cool other robotic like functions, but at the core, they are an actual sentient being, just locked away in AI logic rules.
Eldar arnt dumb, they know when not to hold a grudge, remember they dont think on a human level

Quote:
Tau, possible manipulation.
Possible? why would they want to fight each other, Eldar have no want for land and Tau always want new friends

Quote:
Tyranids. No. of course, at some point maybe, but its not actually warp powers that work synapse as far as I know. In fact, the hive mind creates a shadow in the warp, ie: pyskers struggle to use their powers.
Nids where more of a streche, maybe new tech was made or something, plus me and my mates believe nids have something to do with the warp, I do believe thats where they come from (i was told by a nid collecter so dont hold me to it) and if there synapse was killed i cant see how a powerful psycher couldnt do something cool
Old 11 Nov 2009, 11:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Eldar and chaos: while not arch rivals, chaos and eldar hate each other. The Paths that the eldar follow, are opposite to the chaos, everything in excess, everything dying, everything changing, and blood. GW have played Chaos as the extreme evil of the galaxy. Why would a khornite daemon make friends with an eldar? Survival doesn't count, simply because the daemons just go back to the warp anyway. While painful, they are still alive. Similarly with Nurgle, Nurgle wants the eldar race to decay and die, which they are, but are trying to stop. Tzeetch is similar to the eldar in trickery, but because of the nature of Tzeetch, eldar would simply be outplayed, and they know it.

Necrons: true, eldar don't think on a human level, but to be honest, they hold grudges just as much as human's if not more. They are arrogant, and a prideful race. In addition, necrons haven't 'communicated' with anyone as far as I know. The goal of the necrons is to destroy the warp. The eldar live off the warp. Their weapons, armour etc is based of the warp signatures within each eldar.

Tau; what do they want? yes friends, but what eldar is going to accept the greater good? Sure, they might pretend to, but that's manipulation. The tau will not enter into an alliance with the eldar unless due to manipulation, that's just how the eldar work.

Old 11 Nov 2009, 11:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ok you sold me on Chaos and Necrons, but why wouldnt Eldar accept the greater good?
Old 11 Nov 2009, 11:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Can you imagine a eldar warrior bowing to an ethereal? Simply, what you are asking, is why an eldar would change religion. What that would entail, is the lack of Eldar gods. A warrior would be loath to surrender his Khaine, while you would have to convince the eldar that their soul won't be eternally devoured by Slannesh. The Tau have no gods, whereas the Eldar do, and the fate of their existence relies on that religion. So, an eldar won't change to the greater good. So, when the Tau offer an alliance, it would have been, most likely, because the eldar pushed them to that. I would be very surprised to see an alliance of tau and a non greater good race stand for any length of time, so, I guess the only way of tau and eldar to work together is if a quiet word went into the ear of that Shas O'.

Old 11 Nov 2009, 11:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Oh yeah , forgot Tau make your not believe in gods, weird the gods are, Like they are there but are they gods? mmm i dont know
Old 11 Nov 2009, 11:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The Tau are still iffy about the warp and its denizens. I assume they have managed to pierce some information together, but most likely, since they have little warp signature, don't know a whole lot.

Old 11 Nov 2009, 13:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

arnt they on the other side of the galaxy anyway, Tau arnt everywhere like the rest of us.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 13:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't think Eldar actually fight against chaos as a whole, like the Imperium does. Their enemy is Slaanesh, not chaos in general, as Slaanesh is their particular curse. I imagine if some Chaos Marine Tzeentch sorceror was about to invade some Imperial world that has unrelatedly been harrassing some Eldar craftworld, their creepy woven plans might intertwine with the Farseer's threads of fate. Each one taking advantage of the presence of the other for their own agendas. Likewise, I could see the Eldar 'duping' a Khorne legion the same way they can dupe orks, just by leading coaxing them into a battle against someone the Eldar want removed.

There are many stories of brief Imperial alliances against a greater threat to both, like a Hive Fleet or mega-waagh, but they are brief. They are not friends, just allies of convenience. I imagine the Eldar manipulate the Imperium far more often than the other way around.

Necrons... hell no. they don't make alliances, they just want everything dead.

Tau... naive children to the Eldar seers eyes, easy to manipulate into mutual co-operation. The Eldar laugh at the Greater Good but know how to play along with it for their own purposes pretty well I would think. I would think of it like a con-artist in church.

Nids... does being eaten by them count as an alliance?

Orks... herd them wisely against your enemy.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote