Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What craftworld do you play and why?
View Poll Results: What craftworld do you play and a little bit about why (this isnt a what is best topic or anything l
Biel-Tan 5 13.89%
Saim-Hann 3 8.33%
Ulthwe 10 27.78%
Iyanden 4 11.11%
Alaitoc 0 0%
Own Craftworld, and a little about them maybe? 14 38.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Nov 2009, 08:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death
Default What craftworld do you play and why?

I play Ulthwe because i love psy and I like the look of the warlocks, makes them look all skeletal. Plus being the Damned team is fun (I also play Dark Angels)
Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2009, 10:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: What craftworld do you play and why?

It is my own and I love it. It's called the O'hichi (because of the places I was living when I made the collection) craftworld, it is fairly small and mostly just floats around in space and its population spend most of their time thinking about philosophy and dabble around in abstract art forms, once in a while showing up to some battlefield in confusion and disorder (because of the constant stream of new rules). They are often visited by the Harlequins, and by the Phoenix Lords Maugan and Jain, all of which are compulsive web surfers. They welcome their guests, and do what they are told is the correct thing by their farseers, with the hope that each victory is another step towards just being left alone to drift in space, dabbling in the aesthetic. They have an Autarch named "Seyntur'yain" (my origional screen name here was 'centurion', because I had 100 guardsmen, I just thought of it as an Eldar spelling), a large council of Seers and Warlocks, since aesthetic pursuits are often psychic in nature, and tend to be a party spot for roaming Harlequins (like my house)... so it's all kind of interrelated to my own life, just turned into a fluff thing.

here's why... because I hate rigid GW color scheme ideas. All of my tanks and troops are very swirly watercolor abstract blended looking, with just a hint of their aspect color, so they blend into a cohesive looking army as a whole, rather than a paint-by-numbers project with bright green over here, dark blue over there, silly head/body exact colorings. It's just more fun to paint that way. That's why I just made up my own.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2009, 11:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Starting up my own craftworld, who will be a mix of survivors from an combined force of Ulthwe and Saim-hann. Havent created the fluff yet, but story short so far, is that they where cut off by a warpstorm, and during this isolation, survival of the fitest took place, merging the two armies into one, with each sides powerholds emerging.

No name yet, but I paint them black with red gems and blue striping details
Old 10 Nov 2009, 19:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

I use my own craftworld called craftworld Ril-Okai. Each part of the name contains the first sound of my first and last name. All my vehicles and special guys are gold, with a good combination of white so they don't look too flashy. I have a lot of aspects, and I generally do the aspect schemes, but with gold details. My DA's and guardians have white armor and gold backpacks.

Craftworld Ril-Okai "the Forgotten" was flung into the Halo Stars after the fall, and lost communication with all Eldar, and even the Galaxy, until just decades ago. (M41 speaking) They're based on the warrior-class system, and use their resources to their former preserve worlds from the forces of evil. And intrusive Imperial Guard

It's cool how GW has these template armies with all the cool fluff, but I don't think it's any fun to play an army that already exists. How cool is it to play as characters that someone else made up? I like giving my people names and making stories. ;D But i do respect people who decide to go with an existing army.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 01:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death

I play a pre-made team because me and my mates play heavy on fluff, we like to play campaings and so on so it just makes it a lot easier.
Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2009, 16:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

I play a Craftworld called Xann-Marra, I'm sure you can see just above my avvy.

They are a small (but growing) number of Eldar who are gathered in the darkness outside the Eye of Terror, they constantly face invasions by Chaos and Space Marines alike.

I haven't focussed on fluff much, I'm gonna have to write some good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2009, 19:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I play craftsworld Yme-Loc (detailed in the codex) because well, I love fast skimmers and my favourites colour's orange ;D
Old 11 Nov 2009, 19:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I play the Craftworld Saim Hann because I love seeing such an elegant race still pursue honor in combat .

Also... I love the models, the color schemes, ever piece of fluff I've read from the Craftworld, and I'm a huge Speed Freak at heart >.

Cheers!
-RS

Lovely topic btw

[center] ~Children of the Storm Fluff~[center]
[center] ~Children of the Storm [1750 pts]~[center]
ShadowCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2009, 19:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

My Eldar army doesn't really qualify as a True Craftworld due to their history. They are a small Enclave of Scorpion who followed Arhra when he left.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2009, 20:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

cool idea
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote