Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Transports
Old 08 Nov 2009, 16:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Transports

Now that even the dedicated transports are no longer that dedicated..... I was thinking of putting two 5 man squads in wave serpent. Im sure that is ok but I was wondering if you could START them in the transports. I dont have the ruld book on me right now but dont remember seeing anything on that...
Old 08 Nov 2009, 16:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Re: Transports

the rule as far as i know is one squad at a time in a transport. regardless of size a vehical capacity. but i may be wrong if there is a special rule that overrides this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2009, 16:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

'A transport may carry a single infantry unit and/or any number of independant characters...' (BBR, p66).

Also, ' The only limitation of a dedicated transport is that when it is deployed it can only carry the unit it was selected with (plus any independant characters).' (BBR, p67)

Unless the Wave Serpent has a few very nifty rules I don't know about, it can't hold two squads, and only the dedicated squad can start in it.

Apollo

Apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2009, 14:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

No. period. you can't. Although it makes sense, it just doesn't fit into the rules. 1 squad per transport of up to so many models, including an attached character. That's just the dumb way it is.

Damn I would love to shove 5 dragons alongside 5 banshees with a farseer in there and save money (or points) to get my units where I want them, but sadly that is not the case.

If you want to 'fluff' out the idea, concieve it as the fact that members of different shrines do not really associate or get along with each other. The Autarch is needed to co-ordinate them, because they are all very independantly single-minded about what they are good at.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 04:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via Yahoo to TigStripe

On that note, and slightly off-topic, would you consider an Autarch to be the "ideal" HQ outside of an Avatar for an Aspect army?
It's a Small World After All.
TigStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 07:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think the Avatar is more like a raging beast they unleash, while the Autarch is kind of like the co-ordinator, able to float around in whatever aspect squad and blend in with their ways. Autarchs co-ordinate with Farseers and Exarchs both for the master plan, while Avatar kind of just rages with fury and charges in before he burns out.

I think an Autarch is storywise the most ideal commander of an Aspect army. The Avatar moreso for a combined army of all kinds of Eldar, all who get a boost of spirits from his presence. Gamewise I think they both kind of suck when compared to the stuff other armies can take for about the same points. Farseers work with anything though.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 07:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death

The only time i take an avatar is when i have 2 army rosters, Avatar leading just dosnt make much seance, and Him being in a small fight also doesn't make much seance to me
Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 08:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Plus he is weak and slow compared to comparably priced Hive Tyrants, Space Marine heroes. I would take him in an Apoc game but that's about it. Give me a Farseer any day. All of our HQ options are pretty weak and overpriced. Farseers used to be good, and still are, kind of, but so many armies actually have far more psyker ability than we do nowadays. They are outshined by the age of our codex.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 08:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death

Yeah, we are ment to be like the most powerful psychics there is
Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 08:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

tell that to Njal