Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Exarchs
Old 04 Nov 2009, 03:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Exarchs

Kinda a weird question, but when an aspect warior becomes trapped on their path they become exarchs, an eldar is trapped on the path of the witch they become a farseer, what about those who become traped on the path of the clock maker? All the civillians in eldar society, can they become traped on the path of their chosen profession?
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 04:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Exarchs

Um...sure...

I thought it was only for thee warriors who wanted to be an apsect warrior other wise guardians would be guardians for the rest of their lives(they are a milita).

But it would be funny to see an Eldar who knew nothing else except how to cook.
Mandalorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 04:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

They become traped on the path of the aspect (Khaine) so why can't weaponsmiths become trapped on the Path of Vaul?
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 10:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I can think of two reasons:

First, the path of the warrior or the seer is an all-or-nothing, life-or-death extreme, unlike that of the artisan. It's like asking why civvies don't have PTSD, but tame day jobs instead.

Second, because Vaul is dead and Khaine is still a reality to them.

I think the first is the better explaination
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 11:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Angel of Death

Yeah its a lot easier in real life to lost yourself in combat and start to no nothing but blood thrust. But on the other hand clocks arnt extreme lol, so you dont find it necessity to be the best and forget everything. so eldar being so heighten in the mind it would be easier for them to "get lost" on a path
Angel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 12:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I see no reason why the other Paths wouldn't produce Exarchs. It's not so much about the thrill of battle or an all-or-nothing extreme to do with the Path itself, it's about what the Eldar are, and why the Paths exist. I can totally believe that on the Craftworlds there may be cook Exarchs, or luthier Exarchs, or songwriter Exarchs - so absorbed in what they do that they can't possibly do anything else, but are the best of the best at what it is they do.

When you consider that even today in the real world there are humans who are essentially this, the possibility that it may be the case for the Eldar dissolves and becomes a certainty. Like I said, it's nothing to do with the subject of the Path itself, rather to do with what it means to be an Eldar.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 19:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I disagree. Psychology behing combat and cooking are far far different. Most of them sort of drift from path to path, being a potter or a cook or whatever. Warrior path puts them in more extreme circumstance, causing more extreme emotion. Being shot at is a lot more emotionally charging than making a perfect pizza.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 19:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

That just means the combat paths are more likely to produce Exarchs. But what if, for sake of example, we have a pizza chef who becomes obsessed with making the perfect pizza, to the exclusion of all other things? As I said, we see this kind of thing in humans. Architects, musicians, poets... Because of the Eldar tendency to excess and obsession this is entirely plausible and BAM! Pizza Exarch.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 04 Nov 2009, 20:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Yummifoamycoffee

Well, the codex does say something about the Eldar no longer trying to live life to the fullest, but concentrating on one thing. I don't see why Eldar civvs wouldn't do the same, and thus produce Exarchs. On the other hand, you don't just become Exarch, it has something to do with the Phoenix Lords IIRC...

Yummifoamycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 20:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummifoamycoffee
it has something to do with the Phoenix Lords IIRC...
Explain Spiders and Spears then =P

You may call me Circus.