Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Couple questions...
Old 24 Aug 2009, 19:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Couple questions...

1) Warlock, on a Jetbike, with Destructor. Where do you place the small end of the template? (been placing it at the models head)

B) Speartarch's attack with a Str6 power weapon on the charge. What Strength is it when not on the charge? (3 or 6?)

Lastly... I've been running a Seer Council with a Speartarch. When i assault, the Autarch goes first. My buddy likes to remove models in base contact with my Farseer so it can't attack. Ideas for countering this?

Thanks. ;D
Old 24 Aug 2009, 22:10   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Couple questions...

Not an eldar player so I can't answer most of your questions. But in regards to the last question...

Do you mean after the Autarch has killed some of his models, he removes the ones nearest the farseer, so that the farseer isn't within range of his models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ol' Shakey
Eldar are like Pringles... once you pop you can't stop.... Just ask Slaanesh!
medd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2009, 22:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha73
1) Warlock, on a Jetbike, with Destructor. Where do you place the small end of the template? (been placing it at the models head)
Within the firing arc of the model and at the edge of the model's base. That's the same way you do it with all shooting weapons. If you're measuring from the head, you've been cheating yourself.

Quote:
B) Speartarch's attack with a Str6 power weapon on the charge. What Strength is it when not on the charge? (3 or 6?)
S3 when not charging. It reverts to being a normal close combat weapon.

Quote:
Lastly... I've been running a Seer Council with a Speartarch. When i assault, the Autarch goes first. My buddy likes to remove models in base contact with my Farseer so it can't attack. Ideas for countering this?
Thanks. ;D
5th edition rules mean that (with generic troopers) you pull from the back of the unit. It also means that he has to move as many models into close combat after you charge. I'd suggest re-reading the assault and wound allocation rules. It sounds like your buddy is using the 4th edition rules or maybe cheating. Assault wounds and wound allocation has changed drastically in 5th edition.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2009, 22:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for the info. As far as assault goes, nobody's cheating on purpose. He's been piling in after my charge. We'll have to go back and take a look at the assault rules again. Maybe it does say something about removing models not in base contact 1st. IDK. :-[
Old 24 Aug 2009, 22:39   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha73

Quote:
Thanks. ;D
5th edition rules mean that (with generic troopers) you pull from the back of the unit. It also means that he has to move as many models into close combat after you charge. I'd suggest re-reading the assault and wound allocation rules. It sounds like your buddy is using the 4th edition rules or maybe cheating. Assault wounds and wound allocation has changed drastically in 5th edition.
It states in the rule book (page 39) that removing casualties during assault follows the same rules as removing casualties during the shooting phase. On page 24, it states that the person who owns the unit that took the wounds gets to choose who they remove. This is in regards to removing X number of models, when that type of model took fewer wounds than the total number of models in that unit.

... If that makes any sense.

Quote:
Old 24 Aug 2009, 22:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

So what your saying is... He can remove models in manner to keep my IC from being able to attack? Darn. Maybe i'll make sure my Farseer is in contact with his unit leader when possible. ???
Old 24 Aug 2009, 23:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

IF memory serves me correctly isn' the way combat works is that you may attack all models who were able to attack at the beginning of the assult phase regardless of what casualties that get removed during the combat?
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2009, 23:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Merqu is correct. If a model is considered 'engaged' at the start of the combat (I.e. after the Defenders React move) then he/she/it will be able to make their attacks regardless of how casualties are removed. This is explicitly stated in the final paragraph on page 35 of the rulebook.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2009, 23:23   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah that's right, my mistake. This is a repeat, but as stated above, whoever can assault at the beginning can assault throughout (besides the actual casualties removed).

Quote:
Old 24 Aug 2009, 23:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Awsome! Thanks a bunch everyone. ;D