Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Army list help
Old 09 Aug 2009, 09:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Army list help

Hey all,

I recently decided to collect an Eldar army after playing Necrons and Orks and I need help to get a good army list. So far I only have a pack of Dire Avengers and am not sure where to go next as I don't want to mess this army up.

I will usually be playing against Space Marines, Daemonhunters, Imperial Guard and tau. Point and budget wise I don't mind how many points as long as it can be a strong force, I will handle it after that and for money, while a cheaper army would be great an effective one would also be great.

Thanks in advance
Ork teef70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2009, 14:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Army list help

Well what kind of an army are you looking to run? Speedy? Shooty? CC? Eldar can be effective in all of these roles. Once you decide the direction you want your army to go in it will be much easier to help create an effective list.

-Farseer Maechu of Ulthwe
loeldrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2009, 19:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Buy 2 units of Dark Reapers! Give the exarch tempest launcher and crack shot, marines get no save!
TheCleavelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2009, 20:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I used to play eldar until 4th edition came out. I'm trying to get my army back from my brother so I can start using them again.

I'm thinking about using around 4-6 wave serpents in my army. In 5th the serpent is more durable than your other vehicles and have more transport capacity. Also the twin linked bright lance is wonderful for anti-tank.

Because of armies getting cheaper love, I know I'll run 2 farseers as a hq choice. I'll probably use elrad for more fortune love. That way I can fortune 3 units a turn helping them last longer during the course of the game.

I think harlequins work better than scorpions and banshees, cause of the fact that the harlies is design for any unit while the other two are design to go up against a specific type of enemy.

I think two squads of fire dragons would help you deal with vehicles and marine type armies.

Overall I say use dire avengers and rangers for your troops. Rangers can claim objectives early in the game. If you doom and guide your rangers it will make them very deadly. Dire avengers with blade storm can put out very good anti-swarm fire power as well.

I use to like vypers but I personally think they cost too much. I miss shooting in the movement phase.

I think one squad of dark reapers is more than enough. Crack shot is very good with the tempest launcher. Fast shot is good for units out in the open.

I'll feild storm guardians for the two flamers to burn out troops using cover.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 05:53   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeldrad
Well what kind of an army are you looking to run? Speedy? Shooty? CC? Eldar can be effective in all of these roles. Once you decide the direction you want your army to go in it will be much easier to help create an effective list.
Sorry forgot about that :, I currently want a shooty based army as after collecting an ork army I have decided to try cause some ranged damage and unfortunately for me orks can't shoot
Ork teef70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2009, 22:12   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If "cheaper is great", check out this article on the GW site. All-plastic Eldar army: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...n=&aId=3400048