Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar or Chaos space marines?
Old 06 Aug 2009, 06:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Eldar or Chaos space marines?

Hey all,

I used to be necrons and then orks but neither of them fitted my style, or at least orks didnt, necrons just didn't have enough variety for me. But anyway I am starting a new army and am not sure which one to pick, eldar or Chaos SMs. So I figured I would ask here for the up's and downs of each as I do not own a codex for either and want your opinions.

I usually play against Imperial Guard, Tau or Daemonhunters and normal Space Marines.

Army tips for either CSMs or eldar additionally would also be greatly appreciated
Ork teef70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2009, 09:08   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Eldar or Chaos space marines?

eldar are specialized, wheras i would think of chaos marines as being more assault oriented versions of normal marines. eldar are also probably more difficult to play with as they require you to co-ordinate all of your units together for maximum effectiveness. eldar are also a lot more fragile than marines of any sort.
7/2/2

"my ridiculously circuitous plan is one quarter complete!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
From a painting point of view, the eldar are great, they have so many colours and patterns, hence their battle cry "TASTE THE RAINBOW!!"
i r cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2009, 20:34   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Only play Chaos if you're going to paint them in a truly garish Hot Topic-y pink and black color scheme. If you aren't willing to have that much fun with a Chaos army, don't. The world has enough chowderheads playing "ubar leet" Chaos power lists already.

Old 14 Aug 2009, 05:55   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsLoqui
Only play Chaos if you're going to paint them in a truly garish Hot Topic-y pink and black color scheme. If you aren't willing to have that much fun with a Chaos army, don't. The world has enough chowderheads playing "ubar leet" Chaos power lists already.
I am eldar now ;D and thanks for responses all, but you sir, are a genius and deserve a trophy 8)
Ork teef70 is offline   Reply With Quote