Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Best Anti-Eldar Army
Old 20 May 2015, 14:28   #11 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Elder counter

Hi, ive been playing elder for several years and the thing I found gets me the most is something to tie the elders hands. Example if the have a squad of dark reapers or other unit that is being annoyingly effective at long range deep strike/drop pod a squad of assault terminators which will both take the support fire out and get the kill, the real trick is killing tanks and if the elder player goes into protective mode over his important units by creating a fodder wall in front of his good units.

If you can catch a wraithlord or wraithknight/any unit with a squad of assault terminators that unit is dead, because against assault terminators with their 3+ invun it is almost impossible to kill them and their hammer make sure you can kill the big units also even if it takes several turns for you to kill the squad as long as you got a unit/squad with lots of firepower than its worth taking the fire power out giving you a bit more freedom. The only chance of elder killing assault terminators is gunning them down between combats. In my opinion.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense. Also if you try to build a little unpredictable and catch the elder player off, as I find when I'm making a elder army I'm continually thinking what unit counters what and tactics. etc.
sweetings3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2015, 16:02   #12 (permalink)
Shas'La

you do realize thats from 2009 right?
Old 20 May 2015, 18:33   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It does raise a good point about the New Eldar book though. Those guys are scaaaaary! I watched one guy the other night just trample his opponent. By turn 4 the poor CSM player was just left with scraps of his army and the eldar player hadn't lost anything. It was terrifying. How are people dealing with them these days? I thought Warhammer Tau blogpost made a pretty good point about shifting back away from our big heavy elites to a saturation of firepower and hiding.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2015, 18:40   #14 (permalink)
Shas'La

I actually just recently played eldar in a 2v2 with BA as my ally and Eldar/Fate as the opponents I was able to take them down with staying behind cover and forcing them to come to me as they wanted to destroy my riptide using him as bait for this managed to sneak a squad of stealths to destroy one half and 2 groups of fires to take out another as my broads and rip took out the hover tanks/bike things. and they had some walking pyramid head looking thing the BA took care of that one so I can't contest to how to deal with it.
Old 21 May 2015, 03:55   #15 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRaven View Post
I actually just recently played eldar in a 2v2 with BA as my ally and Eldar/Fate as the opponents I was able to take them down with staying behind cover and forcing them to come to me as they wanted to destroy my riptide using him as bait for this managed to sneak a squad of stealths to destroy one half and 2 groups of fires to take out another as my broads and rip took out the hover tanks/bike things. and they had some walking pyramid head looking thing the BA took care of that one so I can't contest to how to deal with it.
Yes but if the elder player had played the exact same way I'd say itve been alot harder. Because lots of eldar stuff is a a actually quite short range so if your opponent went full long range I'd say he'd of done better. Considering I believe eldar have superior long range. Also a wraithknight adds a lot of firepower and is a pain to take down unless you target it fully, which in turn will take firepower off of the other artillery. Not to mention the increase of bs to a minimum of 4 which increased the elder awesomeness to INSANE levels.

Last edited by sweetings3; 21 May 2015 at 04:06.
sweetings3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2015, 06:06   #16 (permalink)
Shas'La

Fair enough, by experience I guess