Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Im a noob at assembling falcons, help me!
Closed Thread
Old 04 Jun 2005, 20:50   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Im a noob at assembling falcons, help me!

I need help assembling falcons because i cant get the upper cockpit to stay on the peg that it is supposed to be on (should i glue it to the peg?). Also should i wait before putting on cockpits, because I think I put it on to early while the other glue near it was drying and got all that white stuff that comes from the glue.
Old 04 Jun 2005, 23:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to freeman
Default Re: Im a noob at assembling falcons, help me!

Gluing eldar vehicles isn't really that hard. The trick lies in working out which order to glue the parts together.

With my falcon (and my wave serpent for that matter) I simply glued the driver into his seat, painted him (and his seat (then placed the clear cockpit on top and fitted the whole seating area into the main carapace. Which I then glued into place. Once done. I glued the piece the fits between the carapace and the under-carage. onto the under-carage. then I assembled the rear door and glued it onto the main frame.

Once you have the under carage, the engines and the rear door secured. And the driver is in place you can glue the peg into the carapace. (the one that holds on the turret), Now you are ready to glue the carapace onto the other part. You now have the main body of the tank assembled. The best way to do the turret is to simply push the under-carage of the turret onto the peg (once the peg has dried). This should hold. What you do next, is the same as for the driver, glue the gunner into his seat, paint him, and then glue the seat onto the turret carapace. (fitting the clear cockpit into place as well you can now put the Axel that holds the guns together into the slots on the base of the turret. Holding it in place you can glue the upper-part (the one with the gunner in it) on top. If you glue it firmly enough there will be no need to glue the gun Axel

You can now fit on the guns and other accessories. And paint. Or if you want to take the approach that I do, you can paint each individual part before gluing anything.

This is probably very confusing but it's the best I could do.
Old 04 Jun 2005, 23:50   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Is there an easy way of taking off glue so i do this right? :-\
Old 05 Jun 2005, 02:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to freeman

It really depends. Firstly, where is your glue? Like what parts are glued? Secondly, Are you pulled these part apart? did you use plastic cement or super glue? Is the model painted? etc.
Closed Thread