Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

opposing psykers
Closed Thread
Old 15 May 2005, 15:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default opposing psykers

i was having a little route through a couple of my friends codex's and rulebook, and i noticed that a few army's seem to have pretty potent psychers in their ranks too. some of them seem to be specially geared towards disrupting a seer council too. :

i'm curious as to how much trouble the psychers of the other armies can be in battle? have any of you had experiances against them?

i make my own sigs! want one, then ask nicely ^^
Old 15 May 2005, 15:24   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: opposing psychers

Only BA Librarians. Their 'Quickening' power is nasty (gives them extra attacks), but smite can usually be warded off.
Old 15 May 2005, 17:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Chaos Space Marines and Space Marines do have powerful powers and some pretty good equipment for stopping/damaging our Seers, as do the =][= forces.

Still i find that very few armies use these psycher counter measures (unless they are gearing against my army which is just beardy) and their offensive powers are no harder to deal with than an effective squad upgrade etc.
Old 16 May 2005, 08:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

NO!!! BA LIBRARIAN WITH QUICKENING!!!!

Actually, IMO eldar don't have many good offensive powers, i mean, tyranid has warp blast, which is just painful. Mind War requires ur farseer to get too close for comfort, whilst destructor means u have to sacrifice ur warlocks conceal.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
Old 16 May 2005, 15:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del
Default Re: opposing psykers

Eldar have been progressivly spat on but GW in the psyker department since the release of the 'minor powers'. Now every race and it's dog is better than Eldar at psychic abilities if it has even the slighest ability to use psychic powers in fluff. Luckily, Eldar powers are still good... It's just ours aren't as offesnive as they could be, or are plain useless (Eldritch Storm, anyone? It'd be useful if it was cheaper!)
Old 16 May 2005, 15:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

Yeah... a Thousand Sons Chaos Sorcerer Lord with a Warp Blade, Talisman of Tzeentch and Psychic duel, coupled with a bunch of other guys with Psychic Duel, pretty much renders just about everybody useless...

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 16 May 2005, 18:16   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Heres the probelm, librairians used to suck, so GW was like, they should be better, and they over did it in my opinion, it sometimes seems like my oppenent can re-roll everything, just for me to check his codex and find the move the be perfectly legal, and his force weapon? kill by HIM passing a psychic test? puts all other psychic powers and equipment far behind, especially eldar's, and I've heard tzneetch sorcerors are just plain nasty, but as worshippers to the psychic daemon thats understandable, if one thing gets changed in the next eldar codex make it psychic powers! Everything can stay the same, just make us better psychers.
Old 17 May 2005, 10:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

and avatar, our avatar is getting way too weak for comfort

And guardians, shuriken catapults are.....crap

and jetbikes are overpriced

and our ranged weapons are getting gradually worse and worse in comparison, so either that changes or our tagline changes, our arrogance is now way beyond our firepower

Old 17 May 2005, 11:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Yes... thats all part of a different many millions of topics... it's the sum of the updates to other forces that's doen that. Eldar are still a nasty force to be reckoned with, but along with Orks and our darkKin, we're in sore need of an overhaul.

The avatar, he's meant to be able to go toe to toe with a Bloodthrister and stand a good chance. What he needs is 3+/4+inv for starters...

The Catapult issue, there's not much we can really do bar slap 6" on. Any more, it's too powerful. At current, it's not good enough really. Whoopee, we can assault... :

Jetbikes... they're overpriced all right, and when you try an pull the 'oh, but they can do a little more now...' the thing to counter it is, nearly everything else can do that too. Oh, and SMurf bikes are STILL cheaper when their increased toughness and fighting ability should more than make up for the fact they have to drive around things!

Oh well... we can but hope for 6" onto all non-pistol shurkens, rending abilities on the cannon, and an upgrade to get them for the Avengers. But the area in need of overhaul most is the powers section. IMO, Eldar should have the most devastating arsenal of the lot excpet Tzzentch. It's simple: have a list of minor powers for warlocks but useable by Seers, a list of major ones for the seers. Minor ones could include maybe six-eight spells, major could be mind war, a repaired eldritch storm (or a souped yp one: Str 4 Ap 4 sounds better for 35 points!), and such...
Old 17 May 2005, 12:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

yeah, many of the older races got left behind the constant updating match between Necrons, Nids, Tau, Chaos and various factions of the Imperium.

Closed Thread