Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Eldar 5th Edition FAQ
Old 24 Oct 2008, 10:04   #21 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: New Eldar 5th Edition FAQ

They may be cast in CC.
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2008, 19:23   #22 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hello,

This question has been debating quite thourghly between me and my friends and we can't seem to agree.
Question: Does the warlock spell "Embolden" Allow a farseer in his unit to reroll the D6 on Mindwar rolls?

Embolden is a warlock spell that allows a reroll on Leadership tests.

Mind war is a spell cast by the Farseer that initiates opposed leadership rolls (Leadership+D6) with a targeted enemy model and for every point the Farseer wins by, his target is dealt a wound.

In the Eldar 5.0 eratta There was a question answered regarding Embolden and Farseers:
"Q. If a Farseer joins a unit that includes a Warlock with the Embolden power, does he get to re-roll failed Psychic tests?

A. Yes - the presence of the warlock obviously helps the Farseer to concentrate."

Does this mean that a Farseer with a warlock in his unit that successfully casted Embolden gets to reroll the D6 in the Mind War spell?
Danzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2008, 19:31   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm going to say "no" on this one because Mind War is not a Leadership Test according to the page 8 definition whereas a Psychic Test is a form of a Leadership Test.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2008, 20:05   #24 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Alright so Embolden only applys to things that make the standard "Roll under your leadership" roll which is why it applys to failed Psychic tests? I think what made it unclear was how the eratta was worded. Thanks for the input!
Danzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2008, 20:59   #25 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
Alright so Embolden only applys to things that make the standard "Roll under your leadership" roll which is why it applys to failed Psychic tests? I think what made it unclear was how the eratta was worded. Thanks for the input!
That is my interpretation, at least. But, yes, that's just sum of it. The FAQ is poorly worded because (as so many GW things do) it mixes fluff with rules. The Warlock helping the Farseer to concentrate has nothing to do with the rules. The FAQ should have read:

"Yes. Because Psychic Tests are a form of Leadership Test, a Warlock with Embolden would allow a Farseer to re-roll failed Psychic Tests."

That would have been consistent with the rules.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2008, 01:31   #26 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If he's allowed to re-roll Leadership tests, then yes.
A Psychic Test is defined as a "Normal Leadership Test."
Old 30 Dec 2008, 04:02   #27 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Tanyos
Default A simple Farseer question

I'm interested in using Eldritch Storm to mess with my opponent's armor and Mind War to take out anything that may be a threat to some of my bigger units (snipe Sergeants with pfists).

I am curious however to know wether or not I would be forced to roll for scatter or roll to hit using my ballistic skill for either (or both) of these psychic powers or not seeing as it does not say to treat them as a normal shooting attack in the codex.

Would someone who knows better please clarify this for me?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

Also instead of starting a new topic I will just ask here. If I have a six model squad would it be legal for the to be deployed inside of a Falcon at the beginning of the game or would that only be legal if I used a Wave Serpent?
O_o
o_O
O_O
Tanyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2008, 04:34   #28 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: A simple Farseer question

You can deploy in the falcon.

Mindwar requires LOS, but no need for a to hit roll.

Eldritch storm I'm not sure of, but I'm fairly sure it scatters....

With all these questions you keep asking, please post them in the Eldar FAQ and other queries post. It'll be a lot easier...
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2008, 12:21   #29 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hmm... interesting question.
After review, I'm going to say that since Eldritch Storm is a psychic shooting attack, it should follow the rules for blast weapons. Therefore it would indeed scatter.

The good news is that since your Farseer has a BS of 5, that will immensely aid him with the scatter.
Old 07 Jan 2009, 18:03   #30 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to dahli.llama Send a message via Yahoo to dahli.llama

Can you put two different units into the same transport?

For example, if I have a unit of 5 Dire Avengers and 6 Fire Dragons, could I load both of them into the same Wave Serpent? I assume not, but I don't have my books in front of me at the moment.