Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Forging of Gloriam VII: Part two: Imperial guard vs. Eldar
Old 24 Jun 2008, 19:24   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default The Forging of Gloriam VII: Part two: Imperial guard vs. Eldar

The first part of these linked series of battles can be found in the chaos forums... I decided to post them all here... I would also appreciate it if a mod could move it to this forum. I would advise everyone to read the first part first, well, at least if you are interested in the fluff and don't just skip it and move to the report.

The seperated group of imperial guard had set up camp in an abandoned temple.

A vox operater stepped up to his leader

"My Lord, I finally managed to contact Commisar Lythe."

"What? I must speak to him."

"I'm sorry sir, but connection was lost again."

"Then why did you just tell me you contacted him?"

"Well, I managed to give them our coordinates."

"Ah, good, then a rescue party will be here soon."

"But sir, what if they don't make it in time?"

"I have seen Space Marine droppods land in the capital. They'll get here, believe me."

"Okay sir. Any orders?"

"Yes, we must..."

The Imperial Officer could never finish his sentence, as his head was split apart by a shuriken bolt.

"Sniper, get down!"

The vox operator's shouting was heard by the full group of imperials, and just when everyone had taken their battle positions, Eldar skimmers appeared from behind the mountains.

"Damnit! What in the name of holy Terra are these Xenos doing here? Like the filthy Chaos marines weren't enough already."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next game in my new series of battles is a 1500 pts recon match on alpha level. This time, the Eldar were the imperial guard's opponent. Again, I did not participate in this battle, but I actually set it up. It was played at my friends house, and I was writing the report during the battle.

Forces

The Imperial army:

-Junior Officer w/las pistol, c.c.w.
standard bearer, 2 grenade launchers, missile launcher
A. Fire Support Squad - 3 heavy bolter
B. Anti-Tank Squad - 3 lascannon

plasma gun, lascannon
A. Infantry Squad w/plasma gun, lascannon
B. Infantry Squad w/melta gun, lascannon

plasma gun, lascannon
A. Infantry Squad w/plasma gun, lascannon
B. Infantry Squad w/plasma gun, lascannon
-Hellhound
-Hellhound
-Leman Russ w/two heavy bolters, lascannon
-Leman Russ Demolisher w/two heavy bolters, lascannon
-Basilisk w/ indirect fire

The Eldar force:

-Farseer with spirit stones, doom, guide and fortune
-4 Striking scorpians and an exarch with scorpion's claw
-5 Fire Dragons and an exarch with a firepike and tank hunters
-10 Guardians with star cannon platform
-5 Pathfinders
-5 Pathfinders
-9 Dire Avengers and an exarch with powersword, pistol and bladestorm
-Wave Serpent with Twin-Shuricannons, shuriken cannon and spirit stones
-Vyper with bright lance and shuriken cannon
-Vyper with bright lance and shuriken cannon
-Falcon with starcannon, shuriken cannon, holo-fields and spirit stones
-5 Dark Reapers

Terrain

This battle was played on a 6' by 4' table, with deployment zones being the long table edges. Terrain was pretty dense, with high hills and few firing lanes. The southeastern corner was cut off from the rest of the table by a small river, which counted as dangerous terrain for this game. In that corner, there was also a small hill. In the northeastern corner, starting from the middle of the board till almost at the edge, their was a massive hill with some trees on top of it. In the middle of the northern table edge, there was a small tower, just big enough to hold about 6 models. The center of the map consisted of a temple (4+ cover save) on top of a large hill, thus blocking most line of sight from one deployment zone to the other. Both the south and northwestern corners had another hill with trees on it. The players also agreed that every hill granted a 5+ cover save.

Deployment

The Eldar won the roll for deployment and picked the side with the tower and the large hill. The Falcon containing the Fire Dragons was deployed behind the small hill in the northwest, along with the Striking scorpions and a unit of Pathfinders. The Farseer deployed together with the Dark Reapers in the tower. The Guardians and Wave Serpent tried to stay out of line of sight behind the central hill. The second unit of Pathfinders occupied the small forest on top of the large hill, and the Vypers deployed behind it.

On the Imperial side, one infantry squad occupied the woods on the hill in the southwest, supported by their command section and a Hellhound. Two infantry squads, the Demolisher, Leman Russ, and Hellhound deployed in the center, along with the command HQ. The remaining infantry, heavy weapons squads and Basilisk deployed within the bend of the river to cover the southern approach.

The Imperial Guard won the roll and decided to take the first turn.

Imperial Guard: Turn 1:

The tanks in the center started moving around the central hill while the two central infantry squads moved towards the temple. The hellhound to the southwest swung around behind the infantry squad in the wooded hilltop. Massed imperial fire killed three of the pathfinders on the large hill and heavy bolter fire from the Demolisher killed 2 Striking Scorpions. Not bad, but he could've done better. Unsatisfied, the Imperial player ended his turn.

Eldar: Turn 1

The Eldar responded by boosting the Vypers behind the large central hill. The Wave Serpent came from behind the hill and moved straight towards the hill in southwest, and the Falcon copied it's idea, along with the Striking Scorpions. Then, the Falcon shaked the Hellhound in front of it, the Pathfinders killed a few guardsmen near the temple, fortunately for the Imperial player, not managing to pin them. Lastly, the Dark Reapers, guided by the Farseer, killed 3 men in the woods in that same southwestern corner.

Imperial Guard: Turn 2

The Imperial infantry continued their advance into the temple. Fire from the Leman Russ, Hellhound and infantry heavy weapons fire blasted all but one of the pathfinders on the northeastern hill, but the lone survivor stubbornly refused to budge. On the western flank, heavy weapons fire shook the Wave Serpent, and a basilisk round destroyed one of the Vypers in the center.

Eldar: Turn 2

The surviving Vyper swept around the central hill towards the west as the guardians advanced onto the hilltop. The grav-tank attack on the western flank pushed around the woods. Shuriken fire cut down two more of the guardsmen in the northern woods. The combined fire of the Pathfinders, Guardians, and Dark Reapers took one of the infantry squads in the temple down to three men. Yet, they stubbornly continued on into enemy fire.

Imperial Guard: Turn 3

While the tanks pushed forward through the eastern approach, the heavy weapons behind the river gunned down the sole remaining pathfinder on the hilltop. A bloody firefight broke out across the sacred altar of the temple. A hail of lasfire and a basilisk round forced the guardians to flee the temple. In the northern woods, the hellhound and the guardsmen in the woods tried to take out the Falcon, but didn't even manage to scratch it.

Eldar: Turn 3

The Eldar grav tanks broke formation, with the Falcon moving up and dropping the Fire Dragons next to the Hellhound. The Guardians fled the table and the Scorpions managed to reach charge range to the guardsmen in the woods.

The Wave Serpent zoomed over those woods towards the temple. The Vyper moved up and blasted the Demolisher with a blast from its Bright Lance. The Fire Dragons roasted the Hellhound, but the Falcon missed with all of its guns. The Dark Reapers killed half of the command squad on the edge of the woods. The Scorpions slaughtered the infantry squad, only taking a single casualty themselves.

Imperial Guard: Turn 4

The Imperial Armor moved into the Eldar deployment zone and the guardsmen in the temple continued towards the Eldar. The Command HQ missed a couple of grenade launcher shots at the approaching Wave Serpent. The majority of imperials had no target and the Basilisk missed. The officer in the woods gunned down a scorpion with his pistol and killed the exarch in hand to hand combat before he could strike back.

Eldar: Turn 4

The fourth Eldar turn started with the Farseer dooming the large infantry squad in the temple. Then, the Falcon moved over the burning Hellhound and used the Demolisher's wreckage to shield it as it approached the Command HQ. The Wave Serpent moved up to the temple and deployed the Dire Avengers in it's ruins.

The Vyper zoomed onto the hilltop to get a shot against the remaining Hellhound. It missed, but combined fire of the grav tanks wiped out the Imperial Command HQ. The Dark Reapers and Pathfinders wiped out the reduced squad in the temple. The Dire Avengers unleashed a bladestorm on the other squad of Guardsmen in the temple (the doomed one), easily killing them all and purifying the temple.

Imperial Guard: Turn 5

The Hellhound drove up the hill, while the Leman Russ aimed its battle cannon at the tower. The flamers and heavy bolters from the Hellhound stunned the Vyper and killed the bright lance gunner. Then the battle cannon hit the tower, killing twor Dark Reaprers despite the Fortune psychic power cast on them. The remaining imperial fire was focussed on the Wave Serpent, but only managed to shake the skimmer.

Eldar: Turn 5

Deciding the tower might not be such a safe hideout after all, they left it and hid behind it. The Dire Avengers embarked onto their transport and along with the Falcon flew directly into the imperial guns. The pathfinders took a few hopeless shots at the Hellhound, and the Falcon's guns accounted for two heavy weapon troopers.

Imperial Guard: Turn 6

The Hellhound drove straight towards the two skimmers, hoping to torch the survivors if one of the tanks were destroyed. Unfortunately for the Hellhound, the Lascannon teams hit three times, but failed to harm the Wave Serpent, and the Basilisk missed. The Leman Russ in the Eldar deployment zone did manage to land a battle cannon round on the pathfinders and kill two of them. The survivors fell back towards their table edge...

Eldar: Turn 6

...only to rally and consolidate back towards their trees. The Vyper, still armed with its shuriken cannon and recovered from its damage, sped around the Hellhound's back armor and promptly blew it sky high with a blistering hail of fire. Both the Falcon and the Wave Serpent moved up to the riverbank and dropped their cargo. Then, the Fire Dragons killed four command squad members, while the Wave Serpent accounted for the last one. The pulse laser from the Falcon hit and penetrated the basilisk twice, easily destroying the deadly artillery. As a final blow, the Dire Avengers bladestormed the Lascannon team on the small hill, wiping them out too!

With 3 Eldar scoring units in the Imperial deployment zone, and only the Leman Russ at the Eldar side, the Eldar secured their victory.

Result: Smashing victory for the Eldar

Aftermath

This was a hugely enjoyable match, even for people that didn't participate in it (as in me...), and both players had loads of fun moments to remember. As for the man of the match, I don't think there can be much contest here. I hereby apoint the award to the Eldar grav-tanks, simply for proving their worth by resisting damage during the game, and ensuring victory for the Eldar side.

Vehicles of the match: The Eldar grav-tanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sergeant Crallis and his squad arrived on the coordinates given to him by Commisar Lythe, and started exploring the area.

"Okay marines, let's find Lord Kalthir and his men. They should be in the area somewhere."

"I don't like it here sir. It's too quiet."

"I know, Vladex, and I doubt we will find our allies in this wasteland."

Vladex nodded, and both marines were suddenly startled by a scout that was searching a ruined temple on a hill nearby.

"Sergeant Crallis!"

"What it is scout?"

"Lord Kalthir is dead. I found his body on an altar in this temple."

"Any sign of his men?"

"No sir, but there is no way that all the blood on these walls can be his."

"I know, brother, I know."

Sergeant Crallis stepped up to Lord Kalthir's body, and made a stunning discovery.

"Follow me scout, we are leaving now."

"But sir, what is it?"

"I have seen wounds like these before, they are caused by shuriken weaponry."

"You mean the weaponry used by the Eldar, sir?"

"Yes, the Xenos have landed on the planet. Commisar Lythe must be warned immediatly."
kildash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2008, 20:32   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: The Forging of Gloriam VII: Part two: Imperial guard vs. Eldar

come on people, speak up, let me hear your voices (read your typings?), I like to get some comments on my reports so I know if I should change anything. Of course, comments like "I like your report." are called unnecessairy by some, I actually appreciate it, so...
Old 26 Jun 2008, 00:42   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Dude, didn't you read what I've posted? Like I said, play and report about your own battle report. And it shouldn't be here and don't expect people to answer to your battle report if you want some advice, you can PM the Mods for it.

But I guess it's good. Some pictures or illustrations would be nice
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2008, 19:02   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

okay then... if that's what you think of it... ow, and can you please not call people dude... it's kind of insulting for some people...

okay, so you said:

-play and report about my own reports (you mean battles?)
-okay... so replying to reports is unallowed... what a very normal forum...
-it shouldn't be here... have you read what I posted in the chaos forum? I think it's not the best way to do this...

ow and by the way... i'm sorry for the rant here, but I tend to get annoyed by this kind ot things...

I said I was going to post them in the general forum... you don't like it, pm a mod and tell them to delete it and explain them why...

I'm just here to post my reports and fluff... I thought people would appreciate it, but apparently I should take my reports elsewhere...

thanks for the good comment, I'm working on illustrations
Old 27 Jun 2008, 00:27   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kildash
okay then... if that's what you think of it... ow, and can you please not call people dude... it's kind of insulting for some people...

okay, so you said:

-play and report about my own reports (you mean battles?)
-okay... so replying to reports is unallowed... what a very normal forum...
-it shouldn't be here... have you read what I posted in the chaos forum? I think it's not the best way to do this...

ow and by the way... i'm sorry for the rant here, but I tend to get annoyed by this kind ot things...

I said I was going to post them in the general forum... you don't like it, pm a mod and tell them to delete it and explain them why...

I'm just here to post my reports and fluff... I thought people would appreciate it, but apparently I should take my reports elsewhere...

thanks for the good comment, I'm working on illustrations
Don't be dishearten. Just put it in the right place and the appropriate people will see your battle reports. Anyway, congratulations on getting karma for your Battle Report at the Chaos Board
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2008, 12:11   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

ok, can a mod please move this to the appropriate place... No idea what it is, but I guess the eldar forum battle reports or something like that... thank you
Old 27 Jun 2008, 17:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Righto. On your request, I'll go and move this here thread. But now that we've all decided what to do with this, have a cookie for a well written report! ;D
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote