Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar players: re-introduce yourselves!
Old 31 Aug 2007, 18:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Eldar players: re-introduce yourselves!

Hail Eldar faithful,

We have a gang of regulars here, but we also have folks that are brand new, or play Eldar as a non-main army, etc.

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to re-introduce one another as well as get some feedback on what kinds of tacticas, articles, or feedback that the membership of this forum can provide. Here's a general format we can use:

Name:
How long have you played 40K/Eldar:

Your geographic location: (be as specific or un-specific as you deem suitable
Craftworld type: (Major/fluffy, DIY- give name)
Typically employed units: (units you are most comfortable with- 3 is a good number)
Least employed units: (units that don't typically have compatibility with your lists)
HQ of choice: (Farseer, Autarch, Avatar, or Special)
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: (This can be armies you feel particularly comfortable facing, strategic goals like massed firepower/Serpent of Fury, or tactical preferences like blitz/countercharge)
Areas you'd like to improve: (Same thing as above, but looking to improve against certain opponents, develop strategic/tactical manuevers)

And some questions that might help:

1) Fill in the blank: I would love to use _______ in my Eldar army, but would like to learn more on how to use them/it.

2) I am currently painting/modeling _______, and could use some feedback/advice.

3) Do you have a particular goal with your Eldar army? (This could be winning a GT, developing good theme/fluff, or being a subject matter expert in an area).

I'll start with me:

Name: Yriel
How long have you played 40K/Eldar: 15+ Years, started with Eldar as my first army.
Your geographic location: Southern CA, USA
Craftworld type: 3 Major, somewhat fluffy- Iyanden, Saim Hann, BT variant.
Typically employed units: Warp Spiders, Falcons, Harlequins
Least employed units: Howling Banshees, Swooping Hawks, Phoenix Lords
HQ of choice: Farseer
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Mobility, massed firepower, counter-assault
Areas you'd like to improve: Team battles, static firepower, curb my addiction to Harlequins and Falcons

Questions:

1) Striking Scorpions. Great models, really fun fluff, but need to improve movement and deployment of this unit.

2) Currently painting a converted Farseer on Jetbike, and wish they made such a model already!

3) Current goal is to improve my game as a team player. I have never won a team tournament, and the elusiveness is frustrating me...

Tell us about yourself!

- Yriel
Old 31 Aug 2007, 18:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Eldar players: re-introduce yourselves!

Okay, I'll follow;

Name: Dutch
How long have you played 40K/Eldar: I started in the year 2006.
Your geographic location: Holland or the Eastern Fringe
Craftworld type: Craftworld Oc'Mer (DIY) Infantry and Jetbike based.
Current army strength: Combat patrol (400-500 points)
Typically employed units: Jetbikes, Rangers, Harlequins and a Wraithlord
Least employed units: Guardians; Poets and musicians are not meant to serve in combat.
HQ of choice: Farseer
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Mobility with Jetbikes, Doom-Farseer, resilient units with firepower
Areas you'd like to improve: I am used to game with Marines. Eldar are not that forgiving, they drop like flies...

Questions:

1) I would love to use Warpspiders in my Eldar army, but I am not really fond of the models. Which is pretty important for me.

2) I am currently modeling/painting a squad of Pathfinders, and could use suggestions for a cool camo scheme.

3) Expand the Eldar into a battle force that can take on all comers.

I will update this later with some more information about me and my Eldar.
Stam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 19:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Name: Dale
How long have you played 40K/Eldar: I played during 2nd edition and then put it down for 10 years
Your geographic location: St. Paul, MN
Craftworld type: Saim Hann
Typically employed units: Jetbikes, Shining Spears, Falcons
Least employed units: Striking Scorpions, Howling Banshee's, Swooping Hawks
HQ of choice: Autarch on Jetbike
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Speed, pure blinding speed. Everything in my current list can move 24 inches with the exception of the guardians and Vibro Cannon. Massive STR 6 fire.
Areas you'd like to improve: Killing Marines. I think Marines need to be adjusted. This is my opinion. Nothing is more frustrating then setting up an ambush shooting the bejesus out of a unit and they do not die because of a 3+ save. So that annoys me the most. I fair pretty well against all other armies.

1) Fill in the blank: I would love to use the Scorpion Type II Heavy Battle Tank in my Eldar army, but I have to buy one first.

2) I am currently painting my converted Autarch on Jetbike.

3) Do you have a particular goal with your Eldar army? The only goal I have is to meet gamers that like to play the game.

4) I am starting my own campaign for 40k with a local gaming club. The goal of the campain will be to use all the neat things in 40k that we often leave out. Defensive bunkers kill team combat patroll. I am focused on making the campaign all enclusive of 40k rather than just roll for the mission.

Oh and Yriel if you ever come through Minneapolis St. Paul I would love to game with you. Maybe we can take on some SM!
Autarch_Kalesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 20:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

w00t:

Name: Derfderf/Dave
How long have you played 40K/Eldar: Since 2000.
Your geographic location: Toronto, Canada
Craftworld type: Ulthwe
Typically employed units: Dire Avengers, Vypers, Falcons
Least employed units: Storm Guardians, Swooping Hawks, Wraithguard
HQ of choice: Avatar (the first 40k model I ever saw)
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Massed mobile firepower, counter-assault
Areas you'd like to improve: Not letting my footslogging infantry get shot up. Not so bad against marines, horrible vs. Tau.

1) Fill in the blank: I would love to use Wraithguard in my Eldar army, but would like their $ price to be lowered first.

2) I am currently planning on painting/modeling a second Ulthwe Wave Serpent, and could use some feedback/advice on avoiding using bleached bone because I am siiiick of it.

3) Do you have a particular goal with your Eldar army? - With the spare time I give to 40k, my only goals are to try out as many army configurations as possible, while having fun with friends and simultaneously biting my lip when yet another Falcon blows up on the first shot.

4) I recently repped the Eldar in TO's short story contest - check it out when you have a chance

Nice meeting y'all!

EDIT: Thanks Yriel

Galvanize - C.M.A.P. represent!
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 20:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
4) I recently repped the Eldar in TO's short story contest - check it out when you have a chance
Hijacking my own thread here for a moment to say derfderf, that was one of the best peices of fluff I've ever read here. It was deeply brilliant friend, and congratulations on winning- very well deserved!

- Yriel
Old 31 Aug 2007, 20:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Name: Redbeard
How long have you played 40K/Eldar: 40k - 3 years. Eldar - Since January
Your geographic location: Homewood, near Chicago, IL, USA, Terra
Craftworld type: DIY, Im-Bolc
Typically employed units: Fast stuff
Least employed units: Guardians. I field no cooks or accountants
HQ of choice: Farseer/Avatar
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Wait for opponent to screw up, capitalize.
Areas you'd like to improve: Dice rolling

1) Fill in the blank: I would love to use carnifexes in my Eldar army, but that's not allowed. Seriously - I've used all the eldar units that I want to use.

2) I am currently painting/modeling Slaanesh stuff, because the Eldar need their ancient enemy.

3) Do you have a particular goal with your Eldar army? Win best painted awards at tournaments.
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 21:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Wingates_hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Wingates_hellsing

While i'm giving a thumbs up, I might as well:

Name: Wingates Hellsing
How long have you played 40K/Eldar: 3 years
Your geographic location: Arlington Virginia (just outside DC)
Craftworld type: DIY: Erath Ann
Typically employed units: Jetbikes, Reapers, Vypers
Least employed units: Scorps, Harlies, Wraithlord
HQ of choice: Farseer (advanced support)
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: Herd 'em in with speedies and let the statics and assoulties take 'em out.
Areas you'd like to improve: Would like to finally beat my brother Vash113, but he knows all of my tricks!

1) I would like to finally buy that Wraithlord and get to know it

2) Currently painting 3 Shining Spears, but my intwined thorn idea gives me headaches.

3) The goal for my army is to eventually paint/repaint everything so that it looks really nice ;D

[hr]
Awesome thread Yriel, have a blood cookie!

[red]Wingates Hellsing[/red]
Old 31 Aug 2007, 21:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to korik1

Name:
How long have you played 40K/Eldar: I've played 40k since 2000, and started Eldar in November of 2006.
Your geographic location: Toronto, Canada
Craftworld type: My Eldar army belongs to the exodite world Anaris. (My own creation, there's fluff about it somewhere on this site.)
Typically employed units: Warwalkers, Harlequins, Jetbikes.
Least employed units: Falcons, Dire Avengers, Swooping Hawks.
HQ of choice: Farseer on a jetbike with Doom, Fortune, and a spear.
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: My strengths are mobility and dakka having alot of shuricannons and scatter lasers. I've only faced Necrons, and Nids with this army and against both I haven't had to deal with vehicles or MCs, so I worry I lack AT.
Areas you'd like to improve: I've only faced Necrons, and Nids with this army and against both I haven't had to deal with vehicles or MCs, so I worry I lack methods to deal with high armour vehicles and MCs in general.

1) Fill in the blank: I would love to use Dark Reapers in my Eldar army, but the only static units I have are my warwalkers and they can move and shoot, thus fit in better with the rest of my army. Not to mention that the first time I used them they got wiped out first turn by a VoDing Immortal squad.

2) I am currently painting/modeling nothing of the Eldar, my current model is a Tau Pirahna. Though I recently finished my farseer on jetbike. I'd post pics but can't get my camera to focus on models.

3) Do you have a particular goal with your Eldar army? Not really, I like the models and really wanted an army with bikes.

Everyone is normal until you get to know them!

korik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 21:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to dahli.llama Send a message via Yahoo to dahli.llama

Name: Andy
How long have you played 40K/Eldar: < 2 months
Your geographic location: Eastern North Dakota
Craftworld type: Undecided
Typically employed units: Harlequins
Least employed units: Too many to list, as I have minimal experience at this point
HQ of choice: Undecided, though I like the look of the Autarch
Tactical/Strategic Strengths: None at the moment, though my friend who plays is primarily a Tau player, so I'm sure I'll get plenty of experience there.
Areas you'd like to improve: Everything

1) There are a lot of Eldar pieces that look really cool that I don't really know their strengths and weaknesses. This is mostly just a lack of experience in the game as a whole.

2) I am currently painting my entire Eldar army consisting of Dire Avengers, Guardians, Jetbikes, Harlequins, and a War Walker. I need to learn how to paint jewels better and how to thin paint in general.

3) Do you have a particular goal with your Eldar army? Having fun. I'm just in this for some friendly games against a friend of mine, so mostly fun and just to have a good looking army for display as well.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 21:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Name: Rob aka forgotten hero

How long have you played 40K/Eldar: for about 5 years in total, played them for about 3 years back in the late 90's but just before the new codex got released i found some models and well i started again (still using my old fire dragons..)

Your geographic location: Derby in the UK, in the east midlands, great countryside

Craftworld type: DIY - Craftworld Mandara, an aggressive army in fluff and on the battle field.

Typically employed units: Fire Dragons, Prims Prisms and hmm falcon + harlequins

Least employed units: Striking scorpions, Dark reapers and shining spears

HQ of choice: Autarch

Tactical/Strategic Strengths: fast moving, lots of high strength low ap fire, after waves + falcon + prims have softened the enemy anti tank, i move in for the kill with dragons + harlequins, backed up by autarch

Areas you'd like to improve: hmm good one, i would like to step away from the more shiny things in the eldar codex (like harlequins) and maybe take something else.. but i cannot seem too.

i would love to use the avatar in my list, but he doesnt fit my style of fast moving surgical strikes

i am currently painting up more harlequins + falcon for apocalypse

do i have a goal for my eldar army, become the best i can be at using it, be it winning local tournies (won one! ) the GT would be truely something amazing!, but i hope to continue having fun and kicking ass.

cheers, great post Yriel (once again! )

-Rob