Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

my Eldar army list for the UK GT heat 1
Old 21 Apr 2007, 09:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default my Eldar army list for the UK GT heat 1

hi,

well this is my first proper post hear so go gentle lol

as you can gauss this is my Eldar army that will be going to this years UK GT, now i dont expect huge things from the list like winning, but i hope to be competitive at least, as this will be my first try at a major tourny, i have been to many doubles and other local tournys. but i have decided to take the plunge and go for the big one!! ;D

so onto the list:

1500 Point Sword Wind Army

HQ:
Farseer Merlin the Magnificent, Mind war, Jetbike, Runes of Warding 120

Autarch Bobby the Great, Jetbike, Fusion Gun 110

Elites:
5 Fire Dragons 80

5 Fire Dragons 80
Wave Serpent, Spirit stones, 2 Shuriken cannons (1 twin linked) 120

Troops:
10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Dual catapults, Bladestorm 152
Wave Serpent, Spirit stones, twin linked Scatter laser, Shuriken cannon 135

3 Jetbikes, Shuriken cannon 76

Fast Attack:
Vyper 1, Scatter laser, Shuriken cannon 70

Vyper 2, 2 Shuriken cannons 60

Heavy Support:
Falcon, Holo fields, Spirit stones, 2 Shuriken cannons 175

Fire Prism, Holo fields, spirit stones 160

Total = 1498

basic tactics! are to stay the hell away from combat, combine fire and keep moving!! going with the simple saying KISS (keep it simple stupid) ;P lol!

C & C as always!

-Rob
Old 21 Apr 2007, 10:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Qua?

Hmmm I think that you dont need that many fire dragons. One dragon wagon seems to be fine for anti tank. I am sure that the points on the second squad can be better spent for things like pathfinders ,harlies or scorpains.

PS:Farseer Merlin? Autarch Bobby? What the! They're not eldar names, they're not even Imperial guard names.
Dire Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2007, 21:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Qua?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Avenger
PS:Farseer Merlin? Autarch Bobby? What the! They're not eldar names, they're not even Imperial guard names.
-And? The leader of my pathfinders is named "Doug"... (There is actually fluff behind this, but I'm just trying to make a point) You make the Army, You name the Characters. Nuff said.

Forgotton Hero,

Look great actually. The only thing I'd do differently is to scrouge the points to give your autarch a Laser Lance. Nothing says love like 5 S6 power weapon attacks hitting at I6 in the assault.

PLease post a batrep when you get time so we can tweak the list and examine your tactics,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2007, 02:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Wingates_hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Wingates_hellsing
Default Re: my Eldar army list for the UK GT heat 1

The batrep should be interesting. don't get discouraged, i myself always look at my reports as fat too vague and indestinct. Much to my own surprise people kepe telling me that they are great writes.

you don't have to lay out every detail (in fact such efforts become monotonous and monotoned) all you really need is the general layout of the turn to turn happenings.

that said, i would much rather see one of the dragon squads scraped to get Warp Spiders, they are a great harrassing unit.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 03:01   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to GreaT_HarlequiN

Hmmm, my only criticism the second squad of fire dragons in the WS. I think it is a bit redundant when u have 1 squad in a falcon and a autarch on a jetbike with a fusion gun. If you were to drop the WS dragons that would give you and extra 200 points to work with. Here is my suggestion.

Farseer Merlin the Magnificent, Doom, Mind War, Spirit Stones, Jetbike, Runes of Warding 165

(added doom and spirit stones, with his jetbike mobility he should be able to utilize doom extremely effectively with you dire avengers, jetbikes, and other daka units while maintaining mind war to character kill if needed)

Autarch Bobby the Great, Jetbike, Fusion Gun, Mandiblasters, Power Weapon 130

(added power weapon and mandiblaster for a little cc power, the reason i wouldn't go with the lance is without shining spears + withdraw he is liable to get stuck in combat with a wet noodle, not that a power weapon is much more, but at least he will still have something in ensuing rounds of combat)

Elites:
5 Fire Dragons 80

(wonderful)

Troops:

(wonderful again)

(I love these, fast, and tactically flexible

5 Warspider, Exarch, Spinneret Rifle, Powerblades - 137

(I really like spiders, again another fast, tactically tactically flexible unit, added them for a little more dakka and to assault of necessary, they also seem to fit nice with the feel of your army)

Fast Attack:

(these tend to die really fast but can make back their points relatively easily, nice choice)

Heavy Support:

(prisms are great too, nice to have that boosted shot with 2 also)

Total = 1500

Just my $0.02, tried to modify it to stick with your theme, (or at least what i think it is ) But overall nice list. (Next time you should include some harlequins :P)

Can't wait to see the Batrep and the best of luck to you.

The best signature ever by Kais

"The gene pool could use some chlorine"

"If there was a law against lame, the internet would collapse."

There is a common misconception that violent video games make people violent. Its when they lag that makes people violent.
GreaT_HarlequiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2007, 11:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Avenger
Hmmm I think that you dont need that many fire dragons. One dragon wagon seems to be fine for anti tank. I am sure that the points on the second squad can be better spent for things like pathfinders ,harlies or scorpains.

the reason for that many dragons is for marines, with the combined fire power of the wave serpent they should easily be able to take out those pesky 5(6) man squads with ease.

i'm not a fan of pathfinders and don't really fit my army... fast moving and all that.

lol are u serious... about the names rofl i'm sorry if you take this personally but your just silly... those names arnt supposed to be serious... lol!! i called them that because i can, not through fluff or any other reason.

[/quote]
Forgotton Hero,

Look great actually. The only thing I'd do differently is to scrouge the points to give your autarch a Laser Lance. Nothing says love like 5 S6 power weapon attacks hitting at I6 in the assault.

PLease post a batrep when you get time so we can tweak the list and examine your tactics,
Ged
[/quote]

hmmm a laser lance, but he would be the only combat orientated person on the table for my army, so would not get any support, and if he failed to kill everything in the unit he charges he would then get mobbed and killed. i would give him a laser lance if i had some support units for him but i dont. a good idea though, one for the future i feel .

and i sure will post a BatRep! i will do a blog thing maybe, when i get a digi cam i can post pics of my army. i will tell you guys how this army is doing in practice games etc in the run up to the GT! and the GT its self!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingates_hellsing
The batrep should be interesting. don't get discouraged, i myself always look at my reports as fat too vague and indestinct. Much to my own surprise people kepe telling me that they are great writes.

you don't have to lay out every detail (in fact such efforts become monotonous and monotoned) all you really need is the general layout of the turn to turn happenings.

that said, i would much rather see one of the dragon squads scraped to get Warp Spiders, they are a great harrassing unit.
thanks for the tips on the BatReps! much appreciated! , i will talk about the spiders after this next quote! saves writing my response twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaT_HarlequiN
Hmmm, my only criticism the second squad of fire dragons in the WS. I think it is a bit redundant when u have 1 squad in a falcon and a autarch on a jetbike with a fusion gun. If you were to drop the WS dragons that would give you and extra 200 points to work with. Here is my suggestion.

Farseer Merlin the Magnificent, Doom, Mind War, Spirit Stones, Jetbike, Runes of Warding 165

(added doom and spirit stones, with his jetbike mobility he should be able to utilize doom extremely effectively with you dire avengers, jetbikes, and other daka units while maintaining mind war to character kill if needed)

Autarch Bobby the Great, Jetbike, Fusion Gun, Mandiblasters, Power Weapon 130

(added power weapon and mandiblaster for a little cc power, the reason i wouldn't go with the lance is without shining spears + withdraw he is liable to get stuck in combat with a wet noodle, not that a power weapon is much more, but at least he will still have something in ensuing rounds of combat)

Elites:
5 Fire Dragons 80

(wonderful)

Troops:

(wonderful again)

(I love these, fast, and tactically flexible

5 Warspider, Exarch, Spinneret Rifle, Powerblades - 137

(I really like spiders, again another fast, tactically tactically flexible unit, added them for a little more dakka and to assault of necessary, they also seem to fit nice with the feel of your army)

Fast Attack:

(these tend to die really fast but can make back their points relatively easily, nice choice)

Heavy Support:

(prisms are great too, nice to have that boosted shot with 2 also)

Total = 1500

Just my $0.02, tried to modify it to stick with your theme, (or at least what i think it is ) But overall nice list. (Next time you should include some harlequins :P)

Can't wait to see the Batrep and the best of luck to you.
wow great reply!!! full of useful tips!

now the spiders for the wave serpent and fire dragons, i'm not to keen on dropping one of my vehicles as i want to offer as many targets to the enemy as possible, so that he has to split his fire so lowering the chances of my tanks being destroyed! and this unit of fire dragons could be key in escalation battles as they will be arriving with the rest of my army where as the other unit would have to start the battle and therefore have a chance of being killed before my army arrives...

now with plenty of ideas i dont currently have time to go through them all at the moment! sorry, i will get back to them asap.

the doomseer looks good, but i feel if i where to spend more points it would have to go on men as i would need them more tbh

i really dont want to dis count any ideas at the moment though as i'm still learning the list and will certainly try some of these ideas out, like the warp spiders, i have never used these before so it would be good expereince. the doomseer looks good i have used doom before and i wasnt too impressed but i'm sure it was the way i was using him!

i will deferentially use the lancearch at some point, maybe with a new eldar army! as its too good to miss up! lol! S6 I6 pack a serious punch!!

Harlequins would be amazing, put i would have to change too much in my list to get them in...