Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle Report: Saim Hann vs Sisters of Battle 2000 Points [Pic Heavy]
Old 15 Apr 2007, 15:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Battle Report: Saim Hann vs Sisters of Battle 2000 Points [Pic Heavy]

"Farseer Angau, the humans have arrived as predicted on the eastern front."
"I am aware. We shall die this day protecting the webgate."
"Fetch my jetbike and let us fire the first shots Autarch Zainthral."

We rolled for a mission and we got cleanse with table quarters. This was a 2000 point game. As a special fluff addition all the green putrid water was acid. Any troops that were passing through it would suffer D6 Str 4 hits to the squad. Sadly I can not be exactly accurate with his list. I had made up two lists before we decided to play one list was for Altansar and the other with Saim Hann. My opponent chose Saim Hann. Here is my List.

HQ CHOICES
Farseer
Singing Spear
Spirit Stones
Fortune
Doom
Jetbike

Autarch
Mandiblasters
Fusion Gun
Laser Lance
Jetbike
TOTAL 303

TROOP CHOICES
Guardian Jetbike x4
Catapult Cannon
Warlock Jetbike
Embolden

Guardians x11
Scatter Laser
Warlock
Embolden
Wave Serpent
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade
Scatter Laser
Holo-fields
Spirit Stones
TOTAL 441

ELITES CHOICES
Howling Banshee x5
Banshee Exarch x1
Mirror Swords

Howling Banshee x5
Banshee Exarch x1
Mirror Swords
TOTAL 236

FAST ATTACK
Shining Spears x2
Shining Spear Exarch x1
Withdraw
Star Lance

Swooping Hawks x5
Hawk Exarch x1
Hawk' s Talon
Skyleap
Intercept

Vypers x2
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Spirit Stones
TOTAL 470

Falcon
Scatter Laser
Holo-fields
Spirit Stones
Vectored Engines

Falcon
Scatter Laser
Holo-fields
Spirit Stones
Vectored Engines

Fire Prism
Holo-fields
Spirit Stones
TOTAL 550

ARMY TOTAL 2000
MODEL TOTAL 52

This is what I do know he had.
2 Cannoness
1 Exorcist
1 Heavy Weapon team with 2 Heavy bolter's
6 Seraphim's
5 Regular Squads of Sisters ( I think )
1 SoB Dreadnaught thing

Sorry I can not be more accurate.

THE SETUP:

I choose the corner with the biggest LoS blocker on the table. I have learned that Eldar really need first turn shooting or we need to hide. I was able to hide every model from his.

ELDAR TURN 1:

I moved the bulk of my force around to the right leaving the Fire Prism and the two Vypers to take the left. As soon as I moved the Fire Prism and Vypers into sight of the Seraphim's he used a faith point to make them invulnerable. The Fire Prism shot and failed to hit the Seraphim's. The two Vypers were a little more successful scoring several hits and 1 penetrating hit on the Dreadnaught thing ( I forget the name ) it was left a unable to move any longer. I think splitting my forces was a bad idea and I should have moved everything to the left rather than engaging his troops right away. I had the Farseer and the Autarch join the Shining spear unit. The Farseer cast Fortune on them and they moved 24" inches. My Tanks unloaded on his troops with the Scatter Lasers galore. I killed two Sisters of Battle. I scored several hits however hardly any wounds. Turn 1 was very unproductive for the Eldar.

SISTERS OF BATTLE TURN 1:

The Sisters crossed the acid river. From the three squads that he advanced across the acid 4 more troops died. He moved the Seraphim's out of LoS to my Fire Prism. One of his squads were in range to fire two melta guns at my Falcon. Destroying it and three Banshee's in the process, leaving the three survivors entangled. ( This was a very bad mistake on my part ) He then fired all his heavy bolter's at my Vyper his shooting was poor but it was enough to kill one.

ELDAR TURN 2:

I moved my Wave Serpent and dropped my Troops. Unfortunately I messed up again and did not get them in his grill enough to allow the Guardians to unload into the oncoming Ladies. As the Farseer had predicted he did die. Double sixes trying to cast Fortune on the Shining Spears unit. His Ghost Helm was not enough to save him. My second Falcon unloaded its cargo of Howling Banshees. The Falcon fired on the Exorcist failing to penetrate it. The wave serpent fired into the now invulnerable saved troops( Faith points are so cool! ). I shot the scatter laser into the Sisters from the Guardians. Killing three. I declared charges with with the Regular bikers, the Shining Spears, and both units of Banshee's. ( I made several mistakes with this charge, first committing my regular bikes to combat, second forgetting that the Shining Spears had withdraw).

SISTERS OF BATTLE TURN 2:

Shooting was terrible for his troops this turn he did not kill or damage anything except for 6 Guardians. He moved his troops up and prepared for the charge.

ELDAR TURN 3:

I declared charges with with the Regular bikers, the Shining Spears, and both units of Banshee's. ( I made several mistakes with this charge, first committing my regular bikes to combat, second forgetting that the Shining Spears had withdraw). His Cannoness had joined a squad of Sisters. I lost my Autarch to her along with the rest of the Spears. I attacked with my Swooping Hawks against his Seraphim's. The Grenade pack combined with shooting killing three of them. ( First time the Hawks have every done anything for me!! ) The Squad of three Banshees completely destroyed the chainsaw wielding freakshow! Then with a compulsory move went and hid in cover.

SISTERS OF BATTLE TURN 3:

Combat! The Cannoness killed the Shining Spear Exarch and my Autarch. This was one very costly mistake. His shooting killed the three remaining Howling Banshee's from squad 1. Heavy Bolters knocked off the guns of the Vyper and shook the Fire Prism. His Seraphim's engaged the Swooping Hawks killing 4 of them. At this point in the game I knew I had made far to many mistakes to come back.

ELDAR TURN 4:

The Howling Banshee faced off against the Cannoness. He made the Cannoness have the same initiative and my Girl. They both swung at the same time killing each other ( This was very cool! ). My Guardians ( what was left of them ) were thrown in the fray.

SISTERS OF BATTLE TURN 4:

They finished off the last of my Bikers all I had left was a Howling Banshee and a Warlock that both failed their moral check and fled.

FINAL 2 TURNS:

I fired everything at the exorcist including the Fire Prism. I think both of our Gunners were drunk that day. Our armor did nothing the entire battle. My dice were terrible. It did not help that I made so many mistakes. I need to remember the cool things that my troops can do. However my Swooping Hawks did finish off the Seraphim's. at the end of the game I held 1 table quarter and contested another. My opponent did the same. This was a extremely fun game for me. I do not mind loosing as long as I am in the battle.

A couple of comments that he made to me were that I play to conservative and that I should be dictating the battle with a force that has speed. I failed to do either. He did say that I was good in making sure that I tied up the table quarters for victory points. He declared the game a draw because at the end of turn 6 neither army had advanced and all of our Generals were dead. Game wise he kicked my arse. I had several small victories. I will be playing this list again. I may drop the Fire Prism. Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed it. I hope to play with my Altansar list next week or the week after.
Autarch_Kalesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 15:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Munchkin
Default Re: Battle Report: Saim Hann vs Sisters of Battle 2000 Points [Pic Heavy]

If this guy doesn't get karma I'll be VERY annoyed. That's a very good read Kalesh. Probably the best BR I've read yet. Pity you lost, but hey, you have to SOMETIMES. Very good board.

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Help Support My Humor!
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 16:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via Yahoo to uriel
Default Re: Battle Report: Saim Hann vs Sisters of Battle 2000 Points [Pic Heavy]

All that should matter is that you had fun and learned from your mistakes. by the way I love your color scheme for your eldar and that table is nice! Good job Kalesh!

uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 18:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Kalesh,

Awesome Job. +1 Karma for your efforts. You had a couple of strokes of bad luck there, what with the Seer immolating himself, and your opponent's early knockout on a falcon. (The odds against that second are just plain silly!) The game seemed like a lot of fun though, and I liked your specil rules involving the Acid River. (I also respect your opponent for not letting it crimp his style. )

Enjoy the violence,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriel
All that should matter is that you had fun and learned from your mistakes. by the way I love your color scheme for your eldar and that table is nice! Good job Kalesh!
It was very fun. Expect to see lots of Battle Reports from me. Looking at what happened on the field later after the game really can show you what you did right or wrong.
Autarch_Kalesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 15:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I just wanted to comment that this was one of the best battle reports I have read in a long, long time. Karma was well deserved.

Your opponent really hit the nail on the head with this comment:

Quote:
A couple of comments that he made to me were that I play to conservative and that I should be dictating the battle with a force that has speed.
He couldn't be more right in this instance, but the other thing to note is that fast armies tend to be very unforgiving of mistakes made in the movement phase- so it will take some time and practice to understand how your strategy should flow.

Being patient with charges and setting up a fire ambush will be deadly once mastered. Remember- you need to get in close to do damage, but so does he, and you're flat out faster than anything he has. He was being hasty with this faith spending- that's an advantage to you (ex- running Spirit of the Martyr when you positioned a Prism that eventually missed). Another round or so of shooting before you committed to charge and I think this would be a lopsided game in your favor.

Running option is also important in cleanse. You had several scoring units with absolutely breakneck speed. Once combat has been committed (Turn 3-4 in most games), break off low priority shooting (Vypers and the jetbike unit come to mind) in favor of the mission. He wouldn't have the speed to keep up, and his seraphim don't have enough gas to go through all your assault troops and still make it over to your claimed table quarters.

Overall- a very fun and challenging game. I hope you enjoyed playing it as much as I enjoyed reading it.

- Yriel