Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

HELP!
Closed Thread
Old 12 Feb 2005, 20:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah
Default HELP!

My friend plays nids(Tyranator), and I play Iyanden, I need some Advice!

Thanks
[shadow=black,left]Shovah[/shadow]

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 12 Feb 2005, 20:56   #2 (permalink)
CnadienWargamerW

Default Re: HELP!

Lots of blast weapons, I'd say a starcannon and a brightlance, alot of guardians, and some close combat aspects. NEVER ASSUALT A TYRANID> They eat you alive, trust me I know.

Old 12 Feb 2005, 21:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I find in the rare oppertunities that you do get to charge gaunts it can be a good idea to charge particularly if you have higher I. As they are quite fragile you can often do enough damage to minimise the return which is not done as easily when charged due to the extra attacks the gaunts will get.

Starcannons are a good choice, they bring down the monstrous creatures and hordes alike. I wouldnt suggest bright lances as their only use is in killing the large bugs which the starcannons can deal with just as easily.

Your wraithcannons should also quite easily deal with the larger bugs.

I'd take some guardians with scatter lasers to help cope with the hordes aswell.

Take a wave serpent or two for your wraithguard, put starcannons on them and attach a warlock with destructor. Then you can either deal out the damage to gaunts with destructor or large creatures with the wraithcannons. A farseer casting fortune on wraithguard will make them extremely difficult for a nid player to deal with if you have delt with the larger bugs already.

Wraithlords can rarely be hurt by many nid units and with the WL's starcannons weakening things like tyrants and fexes from range, the WL's should be able to finish them off in combat. The twin flamers of WL's are also devestating on gaunts.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 21:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

I got:

5x Wraithguard w/t One Farseer

Farseer:

Singing Spear

Pistol

Gide

Fortue

Edlch Storm

Wraithlord:

Star Cannon

2 Flamers

I want to get a WS and some Guridens, then a WS and then 5 more Wraith guard.

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 12 Feb 2005, 21:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

Right. *Make sure that you have plenty of wraithlords and wraithguards. *They are perfect for dealing with 'nids. *the wraithcannon will blow away hoards of Tyranids before they reach your lines and so will the starcannon (give the wraithlords starcannons) *The wraithlord will also be great when assaulting Tyranid troops (haumagaunts etc) because with such a high toughness, it will be immune from harm. *Make sure that the wraithguard have warlocks (or spiritseers) with destructor- wraithsight can get really annoying but a aAlso take plenty of fast units - guardian jetbikes, vypers and swooping hawks. *Tyranids are a very fast army and you need plenty of fast units to outflank them and also to support your slower wraithguard/lord units.

Also, get a wave serpent and a falcon with (twinlinked) starcannons/brightlances to provide extra firepower and to transport wraithguard (if needed). *A nice set of three D Cannons would also be very nice...

For HQ get an avatar and use him wipe up the remaining tyranids left alive after your weapons have finished with them.

For elites get fire Dragons. *You need to fight Tyranids with speed and firepower not assault so Banshees and scorpions won't come in as useful here useful here. *Arguleon-Veg makes a good point about initative so if you want to use them feel free ( I'm not all-perfect when it comes to Eldar tactics) but IMO A good ten man fire dragon squad (perhaps transported in a wave serpent) with fusion guns and perhaps a firepike will destroy the 'nid lines. *Hope this helps.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 21:45   #6 (permalink)
CnadienWargamerW

yes, my fire dragons can do amazing things..... And always get a fire-pike. You need the extra range.

Old 12 Feb 2005, 21:49   #7 (permalink)
CnadienWargamerW

one thing though, the nid codex sais leaping hormagaunts can assualt 24"( uasualy its just 12", but the Leaping rule gives them double asualt move) This is totally dumb, but to stay clear, kill any hormaguants first when you've got rid of the bigger bugs. Also, keep any unit that does not have fleet of foot. away from the battle, except wraithlords and avatars, so they can pummel the nids with heavy fire.

Old 12 Feb 2005, 21:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

24"???

I thought it was just 12". Obviously I don't know about the Leaping Rule.

That is nasty...
Old 12 Feb 2005, 22:14   #9 (permalink)
CnadienWargamerW

it is just 12", without the leaping rule, and basicly every hormy comes with leaping legs. Its not fair at all, I'm sure they will change that.

Old 13 Feb 2005, 00:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

Hormagaunts are a subspecies of Gaunt, they can move 6", fleet 1-6", and then charge using leaping up to 12".

Of course gaunts are going to use leaping, if you had less armour than a guardsman and no weapons othere than a pair of massively ingrown fingernails, you'd want to get into combat too. Bear in mind that adding leaping to a gaunt costs an extra 3 points, which is nearly half of the original price, but even the standard gaunt without leaping can move up to 18" in a single turn.

Closed Thread