Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

500 pts eldar vs eldar PART 2!
Old 03 Apr 2007, 21:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 500 pts eldar vs eldar PART 2!

Farseer Ko'lash stopped his force quickly. He alerted his warlock that an nother eldar force was present and that they were led by the farseer who handed Ko'lash his defeat only 2 days ago. They other eldar are a threat to his mission and MUST be eradicated.

Farseer Vazquez Spread out his units. He was ready for an attack. If one came he would repulse it to the last man. For his force has to reach it's target.

objectives:
we are gonna play the simple kill everything! scenario.
NOTES: we are going to use the same lists as before, he of course has to slim his down, but other than that is the only thing that has changed. I count as the defender and again he got the first turn. also i borrowed his camera so now i have pics!

the lists:

ATTACKER

HQ
Farseer - 93 pts
runes of warding, spirtstones, singing spear

TROOPS
20 guardians + warlock - 231 pts
shuriken cannon, witch blade, conceal

3 jetbikes - 76
shuriken cannon

FAST ATTACK
4 warp spiders + elite - 137
surprise assualt, duel death spinners, power blades

TOTAL : 514

DEFENDER

HQ
farseer - 113
runes of warding, spirt stones, singing spear, Eldritch storm(sp?)

ELITES
6 striking scorpians

TROOPS
20 guardians - 165
shuriken cannon

6 dire avengers + exarch - 127
dire sword, defend

TOTAL:501
[hr]
The battle begins

Kolash signaled for his jet bikes to move forward and award his forces with the first kill. He made a gesture for the rest to advance and Kolash rushed forward.

Farseer Vazquez readied his spear, while his guardians shifted looking to get in formation. While his elite units already in formations got ready for the incoming threat.

[hr]

set up:
My friend set his units next to my rug with his warp spiders out of play.
My dire avengers started behind a "hill" while the guaridans got in a firing line and my scorpians to the right of the avengers.

TURN 1

ATTACKER:

MOVEMENT:
He moves his jet bikes behind the rhino/rock combo. while his guardians move 6" forward along with the farseer.
SHOOTING:
His shuriken cannon platform opens up and misses while the Shuriken cannon on the jet bike downs 2 guardians.

DEFENDER:

MOVEMENT:
I move my guardians forward wanting to kill those jet bikes. while my scorpians and dire avengers both shift 6" to the left.
SHOOTING:
Dire avengers shoot at the jet bikes and kill the Shuriken cannon one(yay!)
my Shuiken cannon platform manages to kill 1 guardian. while Farseer Vazquez kills 4 guardians with eldritch storm!
(these are end of turn pics)

TURN 2

ATTACKER:

MOVEMENT:
He moves his guardians forward again, his jet bikes stay still, Ko'lash runs forward, but the big change is the warp spiders appear right next to the jet bikes!
SHOOTING:
His Guardians shoot and kill1 of mine. The platform also kills 1, the warp spiders kill 4.

DEFENDER:

MOVEMENT:
I move my guardians forward a little and curve their line just a bit.
My dire avengers jumped up on top of the hill and advanced to the edge while my scorpians rushed out of cover threatining his Guardians.
SHOOTING:
The Dire avengers shoot at the guardians killing 3, the striking scorpians kill 2 guardians. The platform kills a warp spider, and farseer Vazquez kills 2 more guardians using Eldritch storm.

TURN 3

ATTACKER:

MOVEMENT:
his guardians moved forward 6", the jet bikes hover around to the rear of the rhino, while the warp spiders warp on top of it.
SHOOTING:
The jet bikes manage to kill 2 guardians, and the warp spider exarch kills another.
ASSUALT:
The exarch kills another guardian while the spiders kill 2 more. Farseer Ko'lash has horrible roles and manages to do nothing but parry.
Farseer Vazquez managed to down a warp spider in return. My guardians fall back, while the warp spiders and Ko'lash try to run them down but can't.

DEFENDER:

MOVEMENT: the Scorpians advence within charge range, and the dire avengers shuffle closer to the spiders and Farseer.
SHOOTING:
Dire avengers kill 1 spider. and the scorpians kill 1 guardian.
ASSUALT:
(scorpians are awsome!) Scorpians kill 5 guardians. While suffering 1 casualty(darn warlock!). The Guardians fail to fall back(oh yeah!) and lose another 4, and again lose another to the warlock before he falls back. Mean while..... ;D
The guardians and Dire avengers charge the warp spiders and farseer. A lucky blow manages to knock a wound off Ko'lash, and a skilled strike downs the last "normal" warp spider. Farseer Vazquez kills the Exarch while the Dire avenger Exarch stirkes down Farseer Ko'lash! Only 2 guardians die in return.

[hr]

Warlock funnel cake sheds a tear as he sees the dire sword go through his leaders stomach. Knowing he and 2 jet Bikes can not possibly win the battle or the objective he signals for a retreat. He now must command his Craft worlds strike forces.

Farseer Vazquez smilied, again he prevented his forces from being deystroyed and he managed to kill a Farseer that caused to many problems for the teams he led. Hopefully this would be the last Eldar attack on his soldiers.

[hr]

well i won again!(yayyyy!)
we are going to try to do another 500 pt battle between Farseer Vazquez and Warlock funnel cake. It will probably be done this friday.
ive just noticed that both these battle was ended by assualt.
overview:
it's better to stick the units closer together in games like this. That is why i belive he lost this game. His guardians were unsuported That is possibly why my scorpians got to the guardians in full strength.

C&C welcome!
hope you enjoyed the report!

SEE YA R'OUND!

azr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 21:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Wingates_hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Wingates_hellsing
Default Re: 500 pts eldar vs eldar PART 2!

Eldar killing each other *inhale* ahhh how I hate to hear another negative Eldar thing in the *looks at watch* afternoon. just kidding. Good report, i think the books are funny! i should put in a couple of book models.....
Old 04 Apr 2007, 15:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

just a question:
can he move his spiders the turn they get on the oard or does it count as moving when they jump in?

and
should i spend points on blade storm?
For the next battle he has got his banshees while i want to test out the New unit of Harlies(proxied of course).

if it helps this is what the scenario is:
it's another to "to the last man" type. But this time im the attacker. I can't just sit back and have him come to me.

Quote:
i think the books are funny! i should put in a couple of book models.....
;D

azr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2007, 17:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by azr9(spring break!)
just a question:
can he move his spiders the turn they get on the oard or does it count as moving when they jump in?
If he deepstrikes the Spiders in- then no- they get no additional move per Deepstrike rules.

If the Spiders are coming in from Reserves- then they are allowed to move in from the board edge they entered.

I don't know for sure whether to recommend Bladestorm. I generally avoid it on footslogging Avengers as I'd rather be firing every turn. That said- a well timed Doomseer/Bladestorm can kill a lot of models in a hurry!

Banshees versus Harlequins is a pretty good matchup on foot, especially if the Banshees gain the charge! They're one of very few units who go first (at least in the first round of combat) against Harlies.

*refrains from doing mathammer* Give it a go and see what happens!

BTW- I'm loving these battle reports! +1 Karma awarded.

- Yriel
Old 04 Apr 2007, 17:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I think this and the last battle report have been great, how often do we get good tips from both sides?

The most useful aspect of these reports for me, has been just how useful the shuriken cannon is. I didn't realise just how much of an improvement over the catapult it is.

Consider me converting some bikes to cannon bikes, thanks for these insgihtful reports!
Velocirapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2007, 20:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Wingates_hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Wingates_hellsing

I did that book model, i made the cover say "go out and buys ome real terrain loser!" i thought it would be funny but by no means take it as an insult to you ^_^