Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Transport?
Old 23 Mar 2007, 16:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Transport?

As I've been reading the different posts on the forum concerning harlies, I have seen mixed feelings about whether or not to give them transports. My 1000 army consists of 2 squads of pathfinders, 5 shining spears with an autarch eqipped to fight alongside (jetbike, mandiblasters, etc), falcon, and 8 swooping hawks skyleap and surifle. For my 1500 point list, I know i will be fielding harlies, but im unsure how id do it. Should i get a squad of 8 in a waveserpent, get a group of 6 for the falcon, or just get a squad of 10 left to their own devices?
Omorgyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2007, 17:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Transport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omorgyll
As I've been reading the different posts on the forum concerning harlies, I have seen mixed feelings about whether or not to give them transports. My 1000 army consists of 2 squads of pathfinders, 5 shining spears with an autarch eqipped to fight alongside (jetbike, mandiblasters, etc), falcon, and 8 swooping hawks skyleap and surifle. For my 1500 point list, I know i will be fielding harlies, but im unsure how id do it. Should i get a squad of 8 in a waveserpent, get a group of 6 for the falcon, or just get a squad of 10 left to their own devices?
Harlequins can not take a Wave Serpent as a transport option. They may only ride in a Falcon. Only 6 will be able to ride in the Falcon.
Autarch_Kalesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2007, 17:20   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalesh of Altansar
Quote:
Harlequins can not take a Wave Serpent as a transport option. They may only ride in a Falcon. Only 6 will be able to ride in the Falcon.
Oops. Sorry about that, should've looked into it more :
Old 23 Mar 2007, 17:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

No problem at all. I am using two units of 6 Harlequins in my new list each transported and supported by a Falcon. I am going to play a very in your face style with my new list. However you wish to play will decide if you need to put them in falcons. The benifit of a Falcon is 24" move. Getting you up close and personal with your enemies.
Autarch_Kalesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2007, 17:29   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalesh of Altansar
No problem at all. I am using two units of 6 Harlequins in my new list each transported and supported by a Falcon. I am going to play a very in your face style with my new list. However you wish to play will decide if you need to put them in falcons. The benifit of a Falcon is 24" move. Getting you up close and personal with your enemies.
Yeah thats kind of what i was going for for this army. I haven't exactly finished my fluff yet, but I plan on doing some sort of Alaitoc meets the Laughing God setup for their background. I love the harlie fluff, so when i read that Alaitoc had a distant alliance with them, the pieces just kinda started fitting together for a good sub-craftworld.
Old 23 Mar 2007, 17:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

Quote:
Oops. Sorry about that, should've looked into it more :
Hehe...I made the same mistake not so long ago...

Anyway, I'd personally recommend transporting harlequins in your falcon if possible. They can be absolutely devastating in close combat but they're also horribly vulnerable to shooting. A falcon would give them protection - and also make it easier for you to get them to where they'd cause the most damage. You have fast units - shining spears, swooping hawks - and a falcon already, so transporting the harlequins in that falcon should work fairly well.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 04:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Wingates_hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Wingates_hellsing

Harlies can run across small tables, and outpace other units in cluttered terrain. on the other hand: when there is a killing field to run, falcon all the way, besides they will benefit from some support way up there witht he Spears and the Spiders.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 11:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

A falcon is never a bad tank to have. I would take it, but get a shadowseer aswell. This gives you flexibility at deployment. If its open ground, stick them in the tank. If there's lots of terrain, you can do either.
Kalarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2007, 15:01   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Okay, thank for the suggestions.

For my 1500 point army, ill probably add 2 6-man harlies squads with a shadowseer and all kisses. Each squad would have a flacon with all the trimmings (i.e. vectored engines, holo fields, spirit stones). Hopefully i will have a chance to play-test it soon. ;D