Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Could someone hep me with my army
Closed Thread
Old 30 Jan 2005, 22:38   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Could someone hep me with my army

I'am having a little trouble with deciding what types of troops ,and how many to request from my craftworld elder's . I have managed to round up 3 squads of 3 rangers which are quite necessary and abundant in my alaitoc craftworld. I have also aquired a troop of four darkreepers and an exarch, along with three jet bikes, one Falcon with a bright lanse ,pulse laser, and twin linked shuriken catapults, and my vyper with a shuriken cannon. i was wondering which troops and aspect warriors and support units i should request. I'am going to be involved in battles of medium size (1500-2000 Pts) so i cannot ,in the spirit of fair combat, have huge amounts of high powered squads.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 23:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: Could someone hep me with my army

I'd go for a unit of fire dragons to go in your falcon so they can go tank/terminator hunting.

Also how about some scorpians with stealth, this will fit in with the alaitoc fluff (inflitrating etc) and would be a handy addition as they can engage units that your sniper fire would find difficult to bring down (big squads for example).

Warwalkers also work well with alaitoc, mainly because they are a scout vehicle which again fits with the ranger fluff. They can also lay down some impressive firepower.

Old 31 Jan 2005, 01:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

What he said, that works well.
I will put in a plug for the humble vyper though, since you will be playing in areas with lots of cover, equip them with Crystal targetting matrices and some decent weapons and watch your opponent try to get rid of them!
Warwalkers are good though, each has two very nice weapons, sit these guys in some cover, so they are hull down, and with Spirit Stones, these guys can shrug off shaken or stunned, Immobilised doesn't matter for a gun platform, and with two guns, you're happy if one is blown off.

Get a squadron of those and have heaps of fun.

I will also reccomend a Farseer, given Ghost helm, Witch blade, pistol, Runes of witnessing and fortune; left to work with the scorpions there are very few things that are safe. Re-rollable 3+ saves are very fun.

Old 31 Jan 2005, 21:39   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thank you . As for the question of having a Farsees,what do you think iam eldar brother?
i assure you iam not an avatar. I was thinking of requesting scorpians and warwalkers. thank you for your help should i bring some of my warlock pupils the battles will be dangerous and i dont wish to lose such precious skill.
Old 01 Feb 2005, 19:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer AlaiJier
Thank you . As for the question of having a Farsees,what do you think iam eldar brother?
i assure you iam not an avatar. I was thinking of requesting scorpians and warwalkers. thank you for your help should i bring some of my warlock pupils the battles will be dangerous and i dont wish to lose such precious skill.
I should have noticed. Called Farseer AlaiJier, and without an Avatar in the profile section!
Send us a list when you have something worked out and we'll be able to help you more.

Closed Thread