Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

BATREP:- ULTHWE ELDAR VS MECH ELDAR 1500 tourney samples
Old 10 Feb 2007, 20:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default BATREP:- ULTHWE ELDAR VS MECH ELDAR 1500 tourney samples

As title states it`s a battle between Ulthwe, (Mine) vs my friend`s Mech "Falcon rush"
Just a quick note, we are warming up for a tourney between friends at 1500points.
Mech list player is new to Eldar and used to play chaos, B. templars and nids.
This list of mine was the first ever battle with 4th ed eldar
I had this huge advantage of knowing the enemy and his weaknesses
This battle took only 4 turns but quite decisive.
Here are both lists

MECH ELDAR (OPPONENT)

HQ

Farseer ? Doom, Runes of Warding, Singing Spear, Jet-Bike ? 128pts

TROOPS

6 Pathfinders ? 144pts
6 Pathfinders ? 144pts

ELITES

6 Fire Dragons ? 96pts FALCON A A
6 Harlequins ? 6 Harlequin Kisses, Shadowseer - 162pts FALCON B
6 Harlequins ? 6 Harlequin Kisses, Shadowseer ? 162pts FALCON C

FAST

5 Warp Spiders ? Exarch, 2 Deathspinners, Powerblades - 137pts

HEAVY

Falcon ? 2 Shuriken Cannons, Spirit Stones, Holofield ? 175pts
Falcon ? 2 Shuriken Cannons, Spirit Stones, Holofield ? 175pts
Falcon ? 2 Shuriken Cannons, Spirit Stones, Holosield ? 175pts

ULTHWE (MINE)

HQ

Eldrad 210Points

ELITES

8 Harlequins with 4 kisses, +1Shadowseer 190 Points
6Fire dragons +1 Exarch with breath (will ride in Falcon) 108Points

TROOPS

10 Guardians with Scatter laser wpn 95Points
4 Jetbikes+1 cannon 98Points

FAST

Vyper with EML

HEAVY

(Squad of 2)
Warwalker with 2 Scatter lasers 60Points
Warwalker with 2 Scatter lasers 60Points

(Lone walker)
Warwalker with 2 EML`s 70Points

Falcon with Scatter laser, Spirit stones, Vectored engines, Holofield 195points

SORRY FOR CRAPPY PHOTO`S. WAS PLAYED AT MY GARAGE. FURTHER PROBLEMS WHEN PHOTOS WERE
SQUEEZED TO FIT THE THREAD

We randomly put terrain and chose a mission, Cleanse

Deployment

We deployed everything, I 1st placed my falcon closest to the centre of the table,
and also both my warwalkers. we fielded the rest and then he fielded the infiltrating pathfinders.
My falcon and WW were moved in their current position by Eldrad`s divination

[glow=red,2,300]Pic after all have been deployed and divined[/glow]

Turn 1
Mech list goes 1st. He rushed Falcon c to the right, Spiders jumped to the right too.
His seer moved 12" to my right, and Pathfinders B moved through terrain to establish a better foothold
and firinglines to try and pin my Squad 3 in subsequent turns
Falcons A and B stayed put.
In the shooting phase, his seer tried to cast Doom on my squad 1 but the perils of the warp
didn`t show a welcoming face to a new farseer and they burned his brains on a double 1...
When i realised he had done this power to no avail as he couldn't`t shoot at me with any viable shooters i toldhim to remove that wound.
After all this was a friendly getting to grips.
His Pathfinders A opened fire on the vyper and guess what?! Bye bye vyper. At least my Warwalkers were safe.
Spiders move safely back in 2nd jump

Ulthwe`s turn. Since my opponent had runes of warding and i had runes of Witnessing i suggested we use the unofficial FAQ on this site.
I mean i should roll 4d6 and discard the highest! i moved
Eldard cast fortune on himself, fortune on the avatar and i was going to cast doom on the spiders, but then, i rolled more than 12!
Took a wound and and the end of the game i realised that i has Ghosthelm, too late!
In the shooting phase, the W.W.kers opened on pathfinders A. They were slightly behind the ruin and could only shoot 2 out of 4 scatters, EML`s hit
but with his 2++ saves in the cover they were nail hard to crack. same scenario with Pathfinders B on my right, damn hard in cover!
Bikes again aimed at the Pathfinders to no avail. Squad 2 and 3 opened on the warp spiders, killing 4!

[glow=red,2,300]Pic after turn 1 is over [/glow]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn 2
Mech:- Spiders pass ld. test and ran behind the hill. Falcon A rushed forward, hiding behind Pathfinders A`s ruin, jetseer moves close to the spiders,
successfully casting doom on my squad 3. Falcon B stays where it is. Falcon C leaps over the hill and disembarks the harlies. Falcon C opens fire on my Falcon but he gets 3 crew shaken!
Both Pathfinders B and harlies open fire on Squad 3, and only 4 survive the onslaught. Path finders A open fire on my jetbike as now they were within charging distance,
killing 3 of them, leaving the cannon still alive, who in turn fails his morale and starts falling back.

Ulthwe:- Last man standing jbike shoots for the Pathfinders, but still they hold it in there, but not for long!
Eldrad fortunes himself, and dooms pathfinders B. WW get in position to let hell loose on the pathfinders A. Dragons disembark from their Falcon to get a change to cripple the Falcon C
Harlies keep moving to the left in anticipation of Falcon A. Squad 1 moves up to claim table quarter together with Eldrad. Avatar moves in terrain to try and annihilate the pathfinders B
Squad 1 moves directly to the harlies, killing another two, reducing the squad to 2.
WW manage to kill 4 Pathfinders! Avatar claims 1 casualty with the nimbus of psychic energy unleashed from the Wailing doom. He charges forward to claim another 2 Pathfinders. the rest flee
and are destroyed to smithereens! Dragons open up on the Falcon C and destroy it with two immobilised scores. Harlies win the CC but since Squad 3 is with the Avatar they stay.

[glow=red,2,300]Pic at the end of turn 2[/glow]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn 3
Mech:- Falcon A, with his payload of Dragons comes by the WW to unleash death,(Big mistake here) but unfortunately his dragons lack range and stay put, his Falcon fails horribly to cause any damage on my WW
Falcon B moves forward 24" to meet my Squad1. (terrible mistake no.2) His dooming seer retreats to the left and hides behind the building in the middle. His 2 remaining pathfinders fail to scratch the WW too.
No viable targets for him to shoot at!
Ulthwe:- Eldrad tries to fortune himself and due to a careless whisper he is attacked by the warp! another wound and forgetting Ghosthelm. he manages to guide squad 1 though! Moving further up, now Falcon B was
within Eldritch storm range My falcon re embarks dragons and hovers on top of the bunker. Avatar advances mercilessly to the remaining spiders. harlies rampage forward to meetthe dragons and Falcon A
Here comes the fun bit. War walkers fail to destroy the Falcon A, Harlies charge and decimate the dragons in 1 blow. Eldrad spins the Falcon B to show us his butt, entangling and killing 4 harlies,
who are then finished off by xuri cats fire. sweet! My Falcon ends up leaving his barrels clean as he was aiming at that Falcon B, Eldrad was surgical!

Pic at the end of turn 3

Turn 4
Mech:- Nothing much left to do. Seer stays hiding, Falcon A retreats 11", shoots at the WW and destroying one of the twin scatters, Pathfinders A fail again on the WW.
Ulthwe:- the EML backed off to aim at the Falcon but it`s going nowhere. My Falcon too tries to down the remaining Falcon but misses
Harlies rush up again to the Falcon, needing 6`s to hit only 2 strike home but to no avail.

[glow=red,2,300]Pic at the end of the battle[/glow]

No need to add up point there. we had to wrap it up.
Was a good game, we enjoyed it and had some sportsman like fun.
Please comment on both tactics and let us learn from your point of views.
Sorry for taking so loooong

eldad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2007, 22:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: BATREP:- ULTHWE ELDAR VS MECH ELDAR 1500 tourney samples

eldrad2000,

Nice bat-rep. Though the PICs were fuzzy, I found them entirely appropriate, it was like looking at a holographic display of the battle. In two words: Very Cool. The report itself was brief, to the point, and an easy read. +1 Karma for your efforts.

Would you like to have this included in our BatRep sticky section?
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2007, 23:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Cool report. It is always fun to read of others' fights - and it is even better with pictures.

One note on the rules, a Perils of the Warp is a S6 wound. If a normal Farseer fails his ghosthelm save, that is an instant kill. I know it was a friendly game and did not make much of a difference, but you might want to keep that in mind in the future.

On tactics:

I think that if I were you, I woud have blitzed the Pathfinders as quickly as possible. Dumping fire into what amounts to a 2 or 3+ invulnerable save seems like a waste. Although...lack of targets is a good reason to take opportunity fire.
Old 11 Feb 2007, 21:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Wow I wish the people I played against played with that much terrain. I am lucky if we can get 5 pieces on the board! Nice job. Scatter Lasers are the best weapon for the points IMHO. I love shooting that gun.
Autarch_Kalesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 13:38   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks for feedback guys.

Ged:- Thanks for +1 karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged of Paragon
Would you like to have this included in our BatRep sticky section?
Ged
Yes please

EDIT: Done and Done - Ged

Matty foe:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyFoe

One note on the rules, a Perils of the Warp is a S6 wound. If a normal Farseer fails his ghosthelm save, that is an instant kill.

I woud have blitzed the Pathfinders as quickly as possible. Dumping fire into what amounts to a 2 or 3+ invulnerable save seems like a waste. Although...lack of targets is a good reason to take opportunity fire
didn`t realise that about perils, but eldrad has a better T than a normal farseer, after all he is the best seer around :P

about the pathfinders, you answered yourself, lack of targets!

Autarch_Kalesh :-

terrain is random dice rolls, minimum 6 pieces, maximum 18 though never more than 15 were used. Scatter laser rocks.

keep your eyes open as i should do this battle again on friday and sat will face tau with the same list. you guys think this is an all comer?

Thanks again

eldad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote